Autopilot refuses to engage

I see this came up sometime in the past where the problem was Battery Master or Gens not being set. I have Battery ON Gen 1 and 2 on Auto. APU on Auto. I start in parking and the engines come up. I input the FPLN after pushback and set POS INI and transfer PERF info from the pad. Set all my lights on. Taxi to runway and takeoff. When I attempt to engage AP I get that error blip sound. Hit Z key. same thing. This is new I didn't have this problem first few flights. How to engage AP and get into my flight plan?

And this only happens when coming from the gate. Start on the runway, fill FPLN and PERF etc then engage AP works fine

I notice an update has been released so I DL and install.

for the CRJ700 - same problem noted above. I can use DIR TO but it doesn't engage with the AP off and I can't seem to turn AP on when I depart from a gate. Could there be something in the aircraft state I need to set from the pad? thanks

The problem located - oddly when the Aircraft state is "ready to taxi" everything is a go for a normal flight EXCEPT the Yaw Damper is not engaged. Thus the AP will not function. TOok me hours to find this one.