Creating new internal variables

Hi,

I am not a programmer and I may be approaching this the wrong way! Here’s where I am so far :

1. I currently have my profile setup for an aircraft and pretty much everything is working fine.
  2. I have one of the 7 flip switches set to change the  INT:FCU_SELECTOR variable to either LIGHTS or BARO
  3. This allows me to program the right rotary dial to do all the normal AP stuff and also adjust Light brightness or barometer settings using that flip switch.

What I was wondering :

1. If i could create a new internal variable called for example INT:MODIFIER
  2. I could then use the toggle switch to set this to 1 or 0
  3. This would allow me to use the left rotary dial with modifier on or off and then double the options on that while using only one Toggle switch.

Hope the above makes sense? Maybe there is another way to do it other than use up more toggle switches??

Thanks all!

James

• Aerosoft

Hi James,

I suggest you check this tutorial.

It explains the use of internal variables in the Configurator : 

Best regards.

Many thanks for your reply. I did find that previously and i guess it does show that it is possible to setup a new variable.

I do not see the options though that are in that post. For example in Part 2, Step 4 there is this image :

Please login to display this image.

In the attached picture, it shows next to the numbers 3 and 4 several boxes. For me I only have the option to select ‘Custom Name’  in the Variable box, and then i just have the Name, Index, and Value boxes. i don’t see the ‘Key’ box. I am using version 2.1 on the Mac. Do i need to do something else to make these other options appear, or another way to setup the variable using the options I have?

James

• Aerosoft

Hi,

Actually, in the Xplane version, CUSTOM NAME stands for CUSTOM VAR.
There is no Key field as the Key refers to variable types specific to P3D and FSX.

So, you can create a custom variable that will be triggered by a switch  like below :

Then refer to this variable in a conditional statement somewhere else like below : 

Best regards.

Many thanks for this explanation.

As soon as the aircraft loads or whenever I reload the bindings I get this error now. To confirm, If I flip that switch nothing is registered.

• 2 months later...
  • Aerosoft
Am 29.6.2022 um 19:05 schrieb jimsmac:

Actually - if I put an INT: in front of that it seems to then work. So INT:MyTestVar

This is in fact how it is supposed to be done. Have fun.