Loading lag and white circle

Paul163

Let me start by saying how much I love simple traffic and enjoy having all the liveries and aircraft in MSFS.

I have been encountering a problem with MSFS for a little while that was a little perplexing.

When starting the flight for the first time there was a little spinning circle down in the right hand corner on the first flight of the day which disappeared on every flight afterwards.

Also I could make it disappear by going into "Developer Mode"

I thought it must be some setting I had tweaked and so decided to live with it.

Last week I had to reinstall windows and MSFS and it disappeared. So I thought "Ah yes it must have been my mistake at some point that caused the problem" But then as I started reinstalling mods it came back. So carefully I removed each mod until I found that even with everything else removed it remained. Just one last mod that I had not removed and it was Simple Traffic. I removed it and problem gone. I reinstalled all other mods and the problem did not return.

I feel torn. I love using Simple Traffic but this loading bug does make it frustrating. My guess it is all the extra livery textures it has to load and I may just have to live with it.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Paul

This is interesting, as many have this problem (see msfs forum), including me (owning Simple Traffic). It would be a nice finding if ST is the cause. I think on my side, it appeared after SU7. Still the case. Are you sure it's Simple Traffic and not AI traffic in general?

The spinning circle means the sim is downloading and/or loading data, mine does it even with an empty Community folder. It's meant to be there so don't worry about it.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

I just have no idea about this.  You know the liveries are just that, liveries. They are scanned on start-up but not loaded until they are called. 100% standard MSFS stuff.  There is literally nothing that we could change.

It's not about whos fault it is (or blaming Simple Traffic). It's just about finding out, the reason for the behaviour. So far there is no clue. MS/Asobo is silent. I hoped we had something here. But I'm not sure so far.

On 6/26/2022 at 7:42 PM, RogePete said:

This is interesting, as many have this problem (see msfs forum), including me (owning Simple Traffic). It would be a nice finding if ST is the cause. I think on my side, it appeared after SU7. Still the case. Are you sure it's Simple Traffic and not AI traffic in general?

That's in interesting suggestion, I'll try dialing up the AI without ST and see if that makes any difference.

• Aerosoft

There is a trick that often makes AI traffic work better (or rather behave better). Make sure AI traffic is disabled when you load an airport, let it fully load (give is a minute) and then enable AI Traffic. You wil see far less low flying aircraft etc. Not perfect, but certainly better. It feels like the has some issues calculating things when it is still loading. The lower the CPU load, the better the traffic will be in my experience.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mathijs. I just wanted to update the situation from my end. As it turns out I think I was wrong. For some reason I found that when I enabled my Kodiak Quest the problem came back. I disabled it and re-enabled Simple traffic and no problems at all. 

Good news!

So thank you again for such an excellent addon - It's so nice to be flying with real liveries around me again.

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.