Mallorca not installing ndp-chartcloud error

tonyc

I have recently reinstalled P3Dv4.5 and tried reinstalling my Balearic Islands scenery. Unfortunately I can't.

I keep getting an error on installation. For Mallorca for instance it is "ndp-chartcloud\offline\LEPA\16803.pdf" error. On Ibiza and Menorca its the same just different pdfs.

I install all FS products "As Administrator" so that isn't the problem. 

I use Windows 11.

I don't use Nav Data Pro. I have only ever used Navigraph. 

What is the solution please? All help gratefully received!

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

To which folder are you installing?

Please show us a screenshot of the error message.

Hi 

Thanks for help.

Here are the images of file settings and error message. I have my P3D on the G Drive. My main Documents folder is on my C Drive which has an Aerosft folder and is where the Aerosoft files tend to go.

Hope this helps!

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That looks like a Permission error. Are you full admin on the system?

Yes I am the Administrator

• Aerosoft

Do you maybe have any other proogram running that might interfere here? Maybe turn off antivirus just for this installation?

1 hour ago, Jonas S. said:

Do you maybe have any other proogram running that might interfere here? Maybe turn off antivirus just for this installation?

Nice thought Jonas but just tried that and same result!

So I have all permissions and it isn't the firewall. It also doesn't affect any other programme I install as far as I can see. Though I haven't reinstalled other Aerosoft software as yet! Might give that a try.

I decided to try and install another Aerosoft product so I chose Milan Malpensa. 

It installed perfectly and when it asked if I would like the Nav Data Pro Viewer I said yes (usually I don't bother). It installed that and when I chose the "Offline" option in the viewer it gave me 3 choices. Milan Malpensa, MALLORCA and MAHON!!! The latter two are those I can't install because of a Nav Pro file but have obviously registered on Nav Data Pro!!

This is becoming even more bizarre.

It seems this is an Aerosoft / Sim Wings / my PC problem as other developers have no problem at all.

• 1 month later...
  • Aerosoft

Hi @tonyc,

thank you for your follow-up. I apologize for not getting back to you in time and any inconvenience this may have caused. I have asked again to have this checked.

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2022 at 6:10 PM, Jonas S. said:

Hi @tonyc,

thank you for your follow-up. I apologize for not getting back to you in time and any inconvenience this may have caused. I have asked again to have this checked.

So now we are THREE MONTHS since you requested "technical assistance". It's very fortunate that I have been flying MSFS. I am sure this is not your personal fault Jonas but it reflects terribly on Aerosoft!

I have bought Aerosoft products for a very, very long time. I won't be rushing out to buy more of them for a while if you can't get your developers to support their products.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry but this is becoming VERY VERY annoying. I wanted to use my P3D today from LEPA a purely because of a lack of suitable MSFS aircraft. Obviously I don't have the scenery I have bought and paid for from Aerosoft because it doesn't install anymore!

It is perfectly obvious after all these months that Sim Wings aren't going to support you at all in solving this. What is Aerosoft going to do? Refund my money? Or perhaps help me get this working?

A reply from somebody there might help!!!!!!

On 6/26/2022 at 6:27 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

That looks like a Permission error. Are you full admin on the system?

Mathijs

Please read my unanswered replies. I expect more from Aerosoft after all these years of doing business with you!

Tony

Fortunately I belong to a very large and excellent VA.

After the total silence from Aerosoft/SimWings and complete lack of assistance I promoted my "problem" within the VA.

Within a day or so other members came up with some ideas which didn't work but set my mind in train to try a solution which actually worked!

The problem will occur for anyone trying to reinstall these products without carrying out some important steps!

So problem solved with unfortunately absolutely no thanks to you or SimWings who certainly won't have won friends over the lack of response!