Unable to install the MSFS CRJ series - Serial #'s not recognized - HELP

Hello Gang!

I own the CRJ 550/700 as well as the CRJ 900/1000 expansion.  When I try to install either package, Aerosoft One or the individual installer are no longer recognizing my serial numbers and as a result, I cannot install the packages.  I have opened a support ticket with Aerosoft but I have not received any responses so hopefully somebody here can guide me in the right direction to get some support.

Many Thanks!

Dennis D. Mullert

• Deputy Sheriffs

Dennis, where did you buy the CRJ? When you buy it through AerosoftONE, there is no need to enter a serial number. This is only needed, when you use the download installer.

Also check this FAQ:

https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4783480655773-Invalid-Incorrect-Serial-Key-Errors

Hey Otto.  I bought it from the Aerosoft store before AerosoftOne came out.  The problem I am having now is that if I download the installer from the Aerosoft site, let's say the CRJ 550/700 installer and attempt to install that package, the installer does not like my original serial number.  Same happens with the CRJ 900/1000 expansion pack.  If I try to install either package via AerosoftOne, it installs but then, when I try to install the expansion pack, I get a message that there is a conflicting package present and installation cannot proceed.  Chicken before the egg, egg before the chicken issue.  I never had this issue before.  Any help is appreciated.  I've already opened a ticket and provided my AerosoftOne log as well as images to support the claim.  Problem is that no one is answering.

Thanks,

Dennis D. Mullert

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 minutes ago, DMullert said:

the installer does not like my original serial number.

Have you checked the link above?

10 minutes ago, DMullert said:

I've already opened a ticket

When did you open it?

If you have the CRJ installed via the installer, you have to uninstall it and then install it via AerosoftONE.

2 hours ago, mopperle said:

Have you checked the link above?

When did you open it?

If you have the CRJ installed via the installer, you have to uninstall it and then install it via AerosoftONE.

I've done that.  It has been uninstalled.  I have been successful at installing the whole package in the past - this time something has gone awry.  I have checked the link you provided but there is nothing there to help address the issue.  I still have my original Aerosoft e-mails with my serial numbers and these match the serial #'s that appear in AerosoftOne.  The most interesting part is that when I run the install of the full pack from AerosoftOne (the one depicted in the image below), the installer only installs the 900/1000 version and does not install the 550/700......and vice versa.  Super weird.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hm, I just uninstalled my CRJ, usend the installer as of your screenshot and all variants are in the Folder MSFS/Community/aerosoft crj:

20 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Hm, I just uninstalled my CRJ, usend the installer as of your screenshot and all variants are in the Folder MSFS/Community/aerosoft crj:

OK - I'm going to do the same for the fourth time since yesterday and post an image of what my folder looks like after installation.

OK Otto.  Many Thanks.

I just went through the install routing from AerosoftOne and it all installed well as long as I installed directly into the MSFS Community Folder.  It appears that the problem comes up when I try to install in the AerosoftOne directory instead of directly into the simulator.  Strange, because other addons have installed fine in the AerosoftOne directory/folder.

Thanks again.  Issue resolved.

Dennis D. Mullert

• Deputy Sheriffs

Dennis, just to make it clearer: the physical files are installed in the AerosoftONE library folder. In the community folder you find only links to those files..

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic