When tuning ATIS freq, the weatherinfo is not playbacked. It keeps repeating the first two words (Brussels Air...)

Goofey007

3 hours ago, Secondator said:

No the First Officer's Audio Control Panel will remain inactivated for now. Otherwise it could cause potential conflicts between which channels are actually open. Take for example a situation where VHF2 Receive is OFF on captain's side and ON on FO's side. Or wise versa, ON of CAPT side and OFF on FO's side. Which side should it follow to make the actual receive variable itself ON or OFF in sim? We could make OR logic gate for it which would mean that the channel is open if it's open on either side. But that would then mean that you might need to fiddle with both panels when you want to make any changes (if channel is open on either one, it's open, so you need to close it on both panels for example). So in the end, there is only one ACP that controls a single audio device audio, just like in real life. Since most people fly from the Captain's seat we chose for the CAPT side as the functionable one. I understand that it's not optimal for the pilot's who like to fly from the FO's seat that they have to use ACP that the FO would never touch in real life. But after giving this some thought within the development team, we thought this is the simplest solution for now to avoid any confusion between which channels are actually open and when when trying to control single audio device through both panels.

I know of at least one add on that uses your camera position (selecting Copilot over Pilot) to determine what panel controls the audio.  It would be a great feature for shared cockpit users.

Please email all of your customers when the problem gets fixed with an update.  I asked for a former copy of the airplane which always worked fine for me and many others.  It would be nice if you can honor this request and send all owners a link until this gets fixed.

• Like 1

I posted a new topic but I will post here for more awareness.

I saw Olaf B's posts explaining how to set the radio panel, and tried that.  On the left Radio Panel I pushed in VHF 1, VHF 2 and INT SVC.  I then set the selector dial to INT SVC.  This fixed the issue with the ATIS looping, but I was still not hearing my own voice.  

I tried setting the RIGHT SIDE radio panel the same as the the LEFT side so that both panels have VHF 1, VHF 2 and INT SVC pushed in and the dial is on INT SVC .  This has fixed the issue of not being able to hear my own replies or acknowledge ATC.  

I'm still not able to have my copilot communicate with ATC automatically, but this was a big improvement over not being able to hear/use the ATC properly.  

Hi Billy,

when you look at the picture Olaf posted, you can see that the INT SVC knob is not pushed in. (White collor visible). The selector dial indeed points to INT SVC.

When I set up the captain's ACP that way, this is indeed enough to stop the ATIS loop and hear replies/acknowledge ATC. 

As Secundator already said, the FO ACP is inactive

In-sim's AI radio communications (ATC) option is set to OFF

On 6/30/2022 at 6:34 AM, Joe Markowski said:

I know of at least one add on that uses your camera position (selecting Copilot over Pilot) to determine what panel controls the audio.  It would be a great feature for shared cockpit users.

Here is the rub.  There is no such thing as Pilot or Copilot.  The plane has a crew of two, one is the CAPTAIN and one is the FIRST OFFICER.  On any given flight, either of the two could be Pilot Flying (PF) or Pilot NOT Flying (PNF).  The PNF normally handles comms.  So what do you do in the "shared cockpit" if you are the Captain AND Pilot Not Flying if the shared cockpit gives control to the first officer, but he is the pilot flying?  In a shared cockpit scenario, all you need to do is work out who is who and what who is on a given flight.  Then whoever is the PNF should handle the comms duties from THEIR comm panel. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Crabby said:

Here is the rub.  There is no such thing as Pilot or Copilot.  The plane has a crew of two, one is the CAPTAIN and one is the FIRST OFFICER.  On any given flight, either of the two could be Pilot Flying (PF) or Pilot NOT Flying (PNF).  The PNF normally handles comms.  So what do you do in the "shared cockpit" if you are the Captain AND Pilot Not Flying if the shared cockpit gives control to the first officer, but he is the pilot flying?  In a shared cockpit scenario, all you need to do is work out who is who and what who is on a given flight.  Then whoever is the PNF should handle the comms duties from THEIR comm panel. 

That's just how the Camera presets are named in the sim, Crabby.  Pilot gets you the left side seat, Copilot the right.

1 hour ago, Joe Markowski said:

That's just how the Camera presets are named in the sim, Crabby.  Pilot gets you the left side seat, Copilot the right.

Yep, I get that, but again, if you are the captain (Pilot Camera) and the FO (Co-Pilot Camera) is the PF in a shared cockpit, and you are using an addon that assigns comms panel control to the Co-Pilot camera/PF position, how would you control the comms as the PNF?  

Please post a status report on when the hotfix to solve this ATC issue will be posted.  If this is going to take a while PLEASE offer the prior version thru the installer which had no issues w/ ATC and for that matter everything else worked fine too--this way you can take your time and get it right.

9 hours ago, Crabby said:

Yep, I get that, but again, if you are the captain (Pilot Camera) and the FO (Co-Pilot Camera) is the PF in a shared cockpit, and you are using an addon that assigns comms panel control to the Co-Pilot camera/PF position, how would you control the comms as the PNF?  

I admit I'm not following what you're saying.  In my example, which camera preset affects which panel controls your audio.  If you both select Pilot camera, you'd both sit on the left side and fight for control of the panel.  If one takes Pilot and the other Copilot, then whichever side you're sitting on controls your local audio so there's no conflict, regardless of who is actually flying.

With shared cockpit as it exists in the current mod, the audio panels might be synced between planes you're still listening and controlling through your own side panel.  So if I change mine on the left, your left panel would change but you're using the right panel so it wouldn't affect you unless you "switch seats."

2 hours ago, Joe Markowski said:

I admit I'm not following what you're saying.  In my example, which camera preset affects which panel controls your audio.  If you both select Pilot camera, you'd both sit on the left side and fight for control of the panel.  If one takes Pilot and the other Copilot, then whichever side you're sitting on controls your local audio so there's no conflict, regardless of who is actually flying.

With shared cockpit as it exists in the current mod, the audio panels might be synced between planes you're still listening and controlling through your own side panel.  So if I change mine on the left, your left panel would change but you're using the right panel so it wouldn't affect you unless you "switch seats."

I guess, if the addon is synched.  That is a lot of synching going on.  I would bet any measurable amount of latency would cause crazy things to happen.

I don't pretend to understand the magic behind it, but the mod works pretty well.  I'm eager to Asobo to start working on the official shared cockpit functionality that's on the roadmap, iirc I thought it was supposed to be out this year but we'll see.

Anyway, it was a suggestion for AS about how to deconflict both panels while keeping them both operational.

I did this mod and it works very well--thanks to Olaf, Goofey and Billy.  I installed an update today, but it's as before--unless I change those radios the ATC problems persist.  I didn't read the release notes so perhaps this update had something to do with something else.

Mathijs stated in the 'new release and update section' of this forum

- Fixed an issue with ATC voice output

- Reworked Audio Panel COM receive and transmit logic

For me all is okay now, no need to press the vhf2 knob in the captain's ACP anymore to get rid off the ATIS -loop when the frequency was set by the sim's 'com1 default ATC'-window

And just to check. When the ATIS freq is set by the com2 section of the sim's ATC-window, playback is also okay (VHF2 knob needs to be pressed down)

Thanks guys 👍

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 hours ago, NoelCP said:

I did this mod and it works very well--thanks to Olaf, Goofey and Billy.  I installed an update today, but it's as before--unless I change those radios the ATC problems persist.  I didn't read the release notes so perhaps this update had something to do with something else.

Hmm. That's odd since the update should have addressed all these issues discussed on this thread. Could you please describe the exact steps you can still recreate the issue on the latest update. More details the better.

On 7/13/2022 at 6:07 AM, Secondator said:

Hmm. That's odd since the update should have addressed all these issues discussed on this thread. Could you please describe the exact steps you can still recreate the issue on the latest update. More details the better.

Just about to leave for a few days but will report back next week.  Thanks and I have more to report as well w/ regard to the radio buttons--there is a certain combination of settings that immediately kills frame rate dramatically--never saw anything like this in any plane, any time!  Fortunately it cooperates fine if I just use those settings suggested by Olaf et al.