When tuning ATIS freq, the weatherinfo is not playbacked. It keeps repeating the first two words (Brussels Air...)

Goofey007

Happens after the latest update.

Parked at EBBR

I am using the default ATC window to do the tuning (COM1)

As sayed, the ATIS info is not playbacked. It keeps repeating itself after "Brussels Ai..."

Please login to display this image.

When I then tune in Ground frequency, the ATIS message is playbacked correctly.

However I could only reproduce this once, so now when changing to ground freq. the ATIS stuttering stops. (Normal behaviour)

All switches at the captains panel work as designed

I have tried this in the 700 and 1000 variants.

Anyone with the same issues? 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for reporting. Something with default ATC indeed went wrong with the update that went unnoticed during testing. We have been able to recreate this issue and are looking further into it.

• Thanks 6

32 minutes ago, Secondator said:

Thanks for reporting. Something with default ATC indeed went wrong with the update that went unnoticed during testing. We have been able to recreate this issue and are looking further into it.

Aerosoft's beta testers don't use/try default ATC?

• Upvote 3

Avoid painful issues like this? What does that mean? This bug hits you if you do a normal standard flight with offline ATC involved.

• Upvote 1

Paying customers question what seems to be a very obvious flaw that was missed by Aerosoft and instead, they get a snarky response?   Nice.....

I'll second the question above wondering how such a basic and commonly used function was broken and apparently no one in the beta testing / quality control process noticed it?   It only took an hour after release for customers to catch this issue. I'm not really upset that the ATC feature was broken, sh*t happens.   The part that makes me shake my head is that no one on the AS side apparently even noticed it before they released the update. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Same thing is happening here can't wait til it's fixed!  It was hard to believe an update to a 3rd party plane could do this but obvious it has.

Cheers

3 hours ago, jay jay said:

The part that makes me shake my head is that no one on the AS side apparently even noticed it before they released the update. 

They are not alone.

When the maddog md82 was released, interaction with default ATC and the radio panels was broken as well.

Not sure what is going on here, from a developer's point of view

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Olaf B. said:

Hello,

try this setting for the radiopanel.

Olaf

Olaf--what setting?

• Like 1

This is getting sad, It's obvious the beta testers don't have detailed instructions on what and how to test. It also surprises me they disabled the FO's radio panel and didn't bother to turn it off in the plane. I spent an hour yesterday trying to figure out what was wrong then Aerosoft responds with we disabled the FO communications panel. At least you could have turned it off or even better explained the issue in the update notes. When I read the update notes it says....

- Fixed radio management panel
  • Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, NoelCP said:

Olaf--what setting?

I think he means which buttons are pushed in (=active) and which aren't. Pushed in, only the grey collar shows, when out, the collar is white on the bottom and grey on top. In real plane, they're a sort of toggle. Push the button once and it reverses setting, push it again and it returns to the previous position.

• Upvote 1

Hello Olaf,

when the radio panel is configured that way, the stuttering is indeed gone and ATIS playback is normal.

When the selection knob is not set to INT-SCV, or VHF2 is not "pushed in" ATIS playback is interrupted.

Thank you for sharing.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Goofey007 said:

Hello Olaf,

when the radio panel is configured that way, the stuttering is indeed gone and ATIS playback is normal.

When the selection knob is not set to INT-SCV, or VHF2 is not "pushed in" ATIS playback is interrupted.

Thank you for sharing.

I'm not seeing issues w/ ATIS but it's outbound ATC and cutoff inbound ATC when AI communications is enabled that is borked w/ the update, for me and some others.  I hope they fix this soon!

On 6/26/2022 at 5:37 AM, NoelCP said:

Same thing is happening here can't wait til it's fixed!  It was hard to believe an update to a 3rd party plane could do this but obvious it has.

Cheers

Your first intervention into this thread, you stated that you see issues with ATIS.

Am I understanding it correctly that you changed the captain's audio control panel according to Olaf's instructions, and still hear ATC cutoffs?

I am asking this because I just made the first flight in the upgraded version of the CRJ and configured the audio control panel the way Olaf suggested.

Took off from EBBR, heading west. Then back to Brussels for touch&go and finally a full stop at ELLX. There were aicraft at the holding point, when taxiing I was number 2, at luxemburg 1 plane had to go around,hand overs to different  ATC services. No stutters/cutoffs encountered during the flight. (VHF1&2 on, selection knob to INT-SVC. Captain's side)

I left the FO audio control panel untouched and always start my flight from Cold&dark.

Thought I would try Olaf's settings. Both Captains and FO's radio's COM-1 and COM-2 seem to function properly. Just firing it up but will give it a short flight. It worked on the ground but not well in flight. Communication from FO can't be heard. FO's radio failed to pick up ATIS though Captain's did. Still does not work like all my other planes. Oh well, PMDG here we come....lol.

11 hours ago, Goofey007 said:

Well, there seems more to go on with default ATC. Not neccessarily connected to the plane.

ATC broken - Community Support / ATC, Traffic & NAVAIDs - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Maybe time to put more focus on IVAO,Vatsim, Pilot2ATC, ect....🙄

There are definitely some bugs with default ATC in general, but this is not one of them. This is a bug with the recent CRJ update.

• Upvote 1

On 6/25/2022 at 8:03 PM, Secondator said:

Thanks for reporting. Something with default ATC indeed went wrong

I know, Secundator already confirmed this

• Deputy Sheriffs

I cannot give any definitive ETA because there are many factors like testing, distribution etc. at play even for a simple hotfix. It probably will not be this week yet unfortunately but we are looking for a release by the end of next week if all goes well. I know this issue is frustrating and a week can be a long time still to wait for a hotfix. We are doing out best to get it out as promptly as possible.

What I can say however is that we managed to include some fixes for the audio control panel as well for this hotfix so that controlling different audio channels will be a bit more logical as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Secondator said:

What I can say however is that we managed to include some fixes for the audio control panel as well for this hotfix so that controlling different audio channels will be a bit more logical as well. 

Hopefully that statement means both Captain's and FO's radio panels will be fully operative. Will they?

• Upvote 3

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, rbringh said:

Hopefully that statement means both Captain's and FO's radio panels will be fully operative. Will they?

No the First Officer's Audio Control Panel will remain inactivated for now. Otherwise it could cause potential conflicts between which channels are actually open. Take for example a situation where VHF2 Receive is OFF on captain's side and ON on FO's side. Or wise versa, ON of CAPT side and OFF on FO's side. Which side should it follow to make the actual receive variable itself ON or OFF in sim? We could make OR logic gate for it which would mean that the channel is open if it's open on either side. But that would then mean that you might need to fiddle with both panels when you want to make any changes (if channel is open on either one, it's open, so you need to close it on both panels for example). So in the end, there is only one ACP that controls a single audio device audio, just like in real life. Since most people fly from the Captain's seat we chose for the CAPT side as the functionable one. I understand that it's not optimal for the pilot's who like to fly from the FO's seat that they have to use ACP that the FO would never touch in real life. But after giving this some thought within the development team, we thought this is the simplest solution for now to avoid any confusion between which channels are actually open and when when trying to control single audio device through both panels.

I want to clarify also that the audio control panel is different thing from the radio itself. Audio Control Panel only controls the channels that are open and closed for transmitting or receiving and their volumes. The COM2 radio on the FO side remains fully operable. It's just the Audio Control Panel on the FO's side that remains inactive because of the possible conflicts mentioned above.

We might look into the possibility of selecting a role through the EFB as CAPT or FO, and that then determines which ACP is the functionable one. But this requires more time to investigate and implement, and we have not made a full decision on this yet. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1