SAM3 UI Develope discussion

Huantu Song

Hi Everyone!

First of all, I want to state that I am not sure if this is related to commercial secrets. In fact, the discussion about UI does not involve the product function itself, but only discusses UI solutions and some technical issues. If it violates business rules, I am sorry and can delete this section.
There is no documentation for UI topics because X-Plane doesn't make its native widgets available to plugins, mainly because it's a C++ API while the plugin SDK is a C API and they didn't bother writing wrapper code. The plugin API basically gives you a window to which you can draw in OpenGL and that's it.But you guys did a really good job, you find a solution by using Flutter and inject it into the Xplane plugin window. It's perfect for an interactive user interface, where you can even play Snake mini-games. Before this, for UI development of Xplane, I used IMGui. But I need a lot of interactive graphics, so I have to find another solution. Finally I found SAM3! 
 I buy this plugin and studied it's file structure in order to understand how it works.

First I built a simplest Flutter Demo program running on the Windows platform. Second I created a simple XPlane window plugin and tried to get Flutter up and running, but it didn't work. I looked up the sources but found very little relevant, and eventually I found that UI related technologies were discussed here, so I wanted to ask for help here.
Should I write a wrapper? Is the principle of UI interface operation based on OpenGL? Are there cases where I can imitate learning? Or what did you do to make flutter work in Xplane?

I'm really looking forward to getting help and guidance! Thanks a lot!

Sincerely student,

Rob

11 minutes ago, Heinz Flichtbeil said:

Hello Rob,

SAM3 is a developement from Stairport, not from Aerosoft.

I think, best way is to ask this with the Stairport Support.

Stairport you find here:

https://stairportscenerieshelp.freshdesk.com/support/home

Thank you very much for your prompt reply and guidance! I just went to Stairport support for help and hope to hear back! Wish you have a nice day!

• Like 1