EFB no longer calculates V-speeds

Dopster198

I’ve seen this once before the latest update (20220624), but after updating I thought I’d have a quick look and it occurs again. 

I like to start in the turnaround state, set up everything, and then checking the EFB it looks like attached screen shot. And no matter what I try, and I’ve tried a lot, it will not show those speeds.

This only happens with the 700, the 1000 appears ok.

Edit: I’ve got the Marketplace version and did a clean install, because the update process never works for me with the CRJ

Edit2: I was attempting to take off from KEGE, which is a higher elevation airport. I read an older forum post about V speed issues at higher altitude, is that still a problem? And if so, why was the 1000 ok and not the 700?

No custom mods or liveries (for the CRJ, at least)

Any ideas/suggestions?

Please login to display this image.

2 minutes ago, Jonas S. said:

Was this by chance a high elevation airport? Or was the temperature very high or very low?

I believe I've seen it at Denver KDEN but this time I was starting at Eagle County Regional KEGE, which has an elevation of 6547ft. I was flying with live weather, temperature around 10C.

As I mentioned, I did see some older forum posts about the Bombardier only providing data till 6000ft, but it had some follow up posts about Hans getting newer data up to 10000ft. I also found it  interesting that the -1000 does not seem to have this problem. Was perhaps only the -1000 data updated, and not the -700?

• Developer

This is nothing new for this update.

The table with the speed calculations (original manufacturer data) becomes quite sketchy at altitudes at or above 6000ft, especially with high take off weights (Denver and Aspen are prime examples). Some airlines apparently have more complete tables but these include additional temperature limits ("38°/132") where the manufacturer tables just have a blank field. If we can get a hold of those, we will add them to a future update.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Did a quick test at Amsterdam Schiphol EHAM and V-speeds did indeed appear as expected. So it does look like it's altitude related.

2 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

The table with the speed calculations (original manufacturer data) becomes quite sketchy at altitudes at or above 6000ft, especially with high take off weights (Denver and Aspen are prime examples). Some airlines apparently have more complete tables but these include additional temperature limits ("38°/132") where the manufacturer tables just have a blank field. If we can get a hold of those, we will add them to a future update.

Thanks Hans!

• Upvote 2