Did the update break the monitoring of COM-2

rbringh

• Developer

Well, listening to ATIS on COM2, I hear scratches and noises, like very bad reception (that's an actual MSFS feature) and can see the ATIS ticker in the ATC window. The COM2 volume knob changes the volume of the noises and switching it on and off does works as well.

However, the latest update removed the COM controls from the right audio panel. Only the left will work now.

Please login to display this image.

With these settings COM2 reception works.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Well, listening to ATIS on COM2, I hear scratches and noises, like very bad reception (that's an actual MSFS feature) and can see the ATIS ticker in the ATC window. The COM2 volume knob changes the volume of the noises and switching it on and off does works as well.

However, the latest update removed the COM controls from the right audio panel. Only the left will work now.

That is also what I experienced. I guess I'll have to say your response did not surprise me nor help me. I was leery of doing the update but decided too saying to myself surely they won't make the plane any worse, well you did.

My flying style may be different from others but monitoring COM-2 for destination runway and weather information is important in my landing preparations. This just kind of ruins the CRJ for me.

Thank you for the response.  

• Like 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi rbringh, 

So to confirm which radio management panel are you using? The Captain's or the First Officer's? It's not possible to control single audio device from both panels and each panel controls their respective headset. Right now the FOs RMP is disabled to avoid interference between the two systems. 

1 minute ago, Secondator said:

So to confirm which radio management panel are you using? The Captain's or the First Officer's? It's not possible to control single audio device from both panels and each panel controls their respective headset. Right now the FOs RMP is disabled to avoid interference between the two systems. 

I use the FO's panel to monitor COM-2 in the CRJ as I do in all the other planes I fly. All of them work perfectly as did the CRJ until this update. Aerosoft just baffles me with some of the decisions they make. Why would you make the FO's panel inoperative? It's just easier than fixing it, I guess.

Using the Captains panel to monitor COM-2 does not really work either. It's not just the static, the ATIS recording begins to play then restarts continuously making it unusable. Also using Captain's panel messes up COM-1 for some reason.

I did not try using the FO panel since the patch notes say it's disabled, but from a quick test on VATSIM with vPilot it looks like the switches work and I can listen to both Com1 and Com2 via the Captain's panel at the same time, as well as switch to transmitting on Com2 instead of Com1 and back.

I did not actually try broadcasting and there was nobody nearby to listen to, but based on the vPilot TX/RX icons it looked like it was working.  Will do a complete test when time allows.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 6/24/2022 at 2:30 PM, rbringh said:

Using the Captains panel to monitor COM-2 does not really work either. It's not just the static, the ATIS recording begins to play then restarts continuously making it unusable. Also using Captain's panel messes up COM-1 for some reason.

Hi,

Something with default ATC indeed went wrong with the update that went unnoticed during testing. We have been able to recreate this issue and are looking further into it.

31 minutes ago, Secondator said:

Hi,

Something with default ATC indeed went wrong with the update that went unnoticed during testing. We have been able to recreate this issue and are looking further into it.

I posted it in the wrong topic apparently, but a full comms test on VATSIM showed that both channels seem to be working fine with external apps.

• Thanks 1