Honeycomb Bravo why so bulky?

I have the honeycomb alpha yoke and just got the Bravo today. I held off getting it because it seemed so big but I could never in my wildest dream believe it would be bigger then the honeycomb yoke. Now question is why they done this. They should essentially be able to cut the casing at least 30 centimetres minimum? It seem they share the exact same casing is this a cost saving technique? It cost less using the same housing instead of an individual for the bravo?
This make it extremely hard to get the ergonomics right  because the throttle is a lot deeper then the yoke so if you get the yoke at the right distance the throttle will never be if you mount it side by side. 

I have a nixim racecraft gt with some "hotas arm mounts" and that allow me to have the throttle lower and also get it a bit behind the yoke but the throttle is still a protruding a bit much. Using the retention bit of the axis is a bit awkward. Can live with that seeing how seldom they are being used though. I do know I have a more versatile cockpit then 99,99 % of the user base. I imagine the most common solution is have it on a separate shelf and it may work if you sit really high and have enough clearance I imagine. But I just don´t understand why the decision was to make it much bigger then it needs to be or am I missing something it feels and I assume it´s just empty air in that huge box. Wonder if the yoke could also be made more compact and user friendly since the elevator axis motion is quite short.

Currently in the process installing 422 updates on FS 2020 but the motion do feel great. Love the feel of the axis while dry simming. All buttons work only issue is the knob you rotate for the 2nd or 3rd engine is put on the 2nd engine where it would need to be on third to get 1234. Now I can get 1224 or 1324 if I want all the reverser buttons working. I don´t have ocd so this doesn´t really bother me took a while to figure it out though

• Aerosoft

Hi,

The yoke can't be made smaller.
There is almost no space left inside.

As for the throttle, it could maybe be a bit smaller, but it is to keep appearance consistency between the yoke and the throttle

and also to insure a sturdy fixture on the desk as the force applied when engaging all the 4 reversers together

causes a torque that must be counteracted opposite to the levers rotating points.
One solution to counteract this torque is to have fixture as far as possible from the rotating point, hence he rather big casing.

Best regards.  

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, SimWare said:

Hi,

The yoke can't be made smaller.
There is almost no space left inside.

As for the throttle, it could maybe be a bit smaller, but it is to keep appearance consistency between the yoke and the throttle

and also to insure a sturdy fixture on the desk as the force applied when engaging all the 4 reversers together

causes a torque that must be counteracted opposite to the levers rotating points.
One solution to counteract this torque is to have fixture as far as possible from the rotating point, hence he rather big casing.

Best regards.  

Could have a metal bracket to it and just have a thin metal plate as options are great protruding back a bit to counteract the torque. It would look better I feel as the hood dont makes sense to me on a throttle and be even more sturdy but higher produktion cost then using the same mounting plate and casing I guess

As for use though love the motion of the levers. I may actually get some use of the Hood need to somehow flatten the top so I can use it as a mousepad

Another idea for the throttle is able to link axis and also supplie a larger knob you just put on two of the commercial "boeing" throttles for example. Then you can get a close to real size throttle lever for a 2 engine setup. For dual engine setups I actually preferr to move two axles even on one engine aircrafts like cessna where it maybe is the correct size or closer as you get a much better grip and feel.  It just allow for more fine control just using the palm and not actually having to grip them as much besides you get stronger.

14 hours ago, SimWare said:

Hi,

I don't understand what you mean.

What is your question, if any ?

Best regards.

Hi! Not a question just something I found that is kind of what I wished for except it would be better to have it complete with levers so you can just switch quickly back to the four engine setup if needed. Unless I could buy levers from honeycomb if you sell them separately?

• Aerosoft

Hi,

Ok, I see. 
We don't sell spare levers yet.
However, Hoeneycomb does on their own website. www.flyhoneycomb.com

Best regards.