Frame rate hit with CRJ lights?

Is there any way to optimize the exterior lighting on the CRJ. I've noticed a hit when the taxi light and landing lights are turned on. Check out this video:

Please login to view this video.

• Aerosoft

We are using absolutely standard lights on this aircraft, no way what so ever to optimize them.  I do not see a massive framerate hit in your video though, it just seems to reflect the fact another light source has to be calculated. 

21 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We are using absolutely standard lights on this aircraft, no way what so ever to optimize them.  I do not see a massive framerate hit in your video though, it just seems to reflect the fact another light source has to be calculated. 

Agreed that it's not a massive fps hit, but enough to take it to main thread limited. As you mention, it's just a little extra demand that's probably pushing it into the thread limited area. I'll try it with another aircraft, but I understand that it will not be an apples to apples comparison as the cumulative demand on the system of another aircraft and environmental conditions would not be the same.

You are Rendering at 5120x2880 .... which means your Render Scale is set to 200 .... Set that to 100 and you will see a large improvement on your FPS and Main Thread...

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

You are Rendering at 5120x2880 .... which means your Render Scale is set to 200 .... Set that to 100 and you will see a large improvement on your FPS and Main Thread...

Will drop that back and see. Thanks.