Release: Lord Howe Island X

The runway included with Lord Howe Island is an object which was placed over the default runway. It is more accurate and more aesthetically pleasing. Now keep in mind, not all other payware products use this technique, which is most likely the case for your other payware sceneries.

That is no excuse, many other products place non default runways onto the scenery and DO NOT exhibit this problem. This problem is caused by a sloppy job being done on the flatten under the runway. If i can do it properly and i only make freeware scenery, I'd demand at least the same quality from a payware developer, no matter how cheap you think the product is. The moment you start charging for a piece of work is the moment you become accountable for that work, simple as.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the problem was a "Known issue" and listed on the products page as a "disclaimer" or "notes"

and I still purchased the product then thats fine. But there is or was not any mention of this double runway problem.

Who needs a runway three feet above another when viewing at ground level. LOL

And I dont care if it was a bargain .. all Im asking for is a possible patch !

anyway I will send another email and ask for a patch....

I thought you didn't want me to reply again? But ok, I'll bite. You clearly just want to vent about something you feel is wrong with the product (you have every right to do so) as evidenced from your "thank God"comments about someone who is trying to establish a discourse with you in an attempt to come to an amicable solution (read = someone who is trying to help). All I can offer is an explanation as to the design as seen thru the eyes of a beta tester and as explained by the product creator to said testers. You are more than welcome to call it an excuse though that is clearly what it is not, for I make no excuses for a product I did not personally design. Until Matt or Mathjis show up you will not be happy, so vent/complain/ask for a patch to your hearts content, it is ultimately up to Aerosoft to decide if they want to pursue any changes to the product or not. Like I stated above, I'm not inclined to try to help you with this as it is clearly not what you are looking for from one of the testers.

So, feel free to continue your tirade as to my offering "excuses" now.

I hope some help will be offerded to others who are having this problem, because at the moment my Carenado Mooney is up to its doors in pavement!

Rgds

David

I hope some help will be offerded to others who are having this problem, because at the moment my Carenado Mooney is up to its doors in pavement!

Rgds

David

So your aircraft is sitting on the covered runway? Not just the viewpoint going below the top runway? Because this would indicate an issue that was not reported in beta.

"what ever" OSU.

.. you seem to be looking for trouble with your posts ? .. are you?

What about a truce, you leave me alone and I wont ask for your advice.

I payed for a product that may or may not need a patch. That is NOT your call, you do not speak for Aerosoft. So dont get upset over it. We do have a right to post feedback about the product in this forum. If the feedback is a complaint, a whinge or praise so be it. Thats what makes forums so interesting.

Ok, you told me and others what you believe is the situation, thats fine. But Im not the only one that is unhappy with the double runway situation. So stop trying to pick a fight with just me.

My posts can be blunt and straight to the point. Lets agree to disagree.

Some of my aircraft fall through the runway but not all. Here my tiger moths wheels are jammed into the runway, I had to "reset" the flight and then it was fine.

post-11762-1209542065_thumb.jpg

Other than the runway problem the "add on" is nice.

A pic of stormy weather on the island.

post-11762-1209542306_thumb.jpg

Two more pics

post-11762-1209542681_thumb.jpg

post-11762-1209542705_thumb.jpg

• Aerosoft
Well then, why does it NOT happen on all my other add on scenery I have purchased over the past twelve months ?

...if your correct I should have seen this problem before, long ago. All my other paid for scenery are fine.

I just have no idea why this happens to you, we experimented a bit here and we just can not recreate the effect. As far as I can see we also have no other reports to the same effect. I also have no idea why it happens to one aircraft and not the other, that seems totally unlogical. We'll investigate further and hope to see the effect. You have any mesh covering the same area?

Now if this would be a general problem we would have seen a hell of a lot of reports here, so at this moment I still believe it is something localized on your system. In other words, if you would install a fresh FSX and Lord How on top I am pretty sure you would not see the problem. Of course the fact that viewpoints can move below visible ground is well known and not something that can be solved.

And as far as I can see Oso has just been trying to be helpful, so let's not get to upset about that ok?

I just have no idea why this happens to you, we experimented a bit here and we just can not recreate the effect. As far as I can see we also have no other reports to the same effect. I also have no idea why it happens to one aircraft and not the other, that seems totally unlogical. We'll investigate further and hope to see the effect. You have any mesh covering the same area?

Now if this would be a general problem we would have seen a hell of a lot of reports here, so at this moment I still believe it is something localized on your system. In other words, if you would install a fresh FSX and Lord How on top I am pretty sure you would not see the problem. Of course the fact that viewpoints can move below visible ground is well known and not something that can be solved.

And as far as I can see Oso has just been trying to be helpful, so let's not get to upset about that ok?

No I have no "add on mesh" programs. I have FSX with the SP1 and now the Acceleration Expansion Pack.

Can it be what mesh settings are used in the options that be the problem? .... just a thought.

Some aircraft fall through the runway and jam, while others dont? All appear sitting up high on a second runway if the view is lowered to ground level.

not pretty but at least one can take off and land. Next time around the same plane falls through ??

When I took off with my tiger moth the wheels fell through and I use the "slew" button to lift me into the air, the funny thing is I landed it fine and it did not fall through.

Its random with some aircraft.

on the other situation..

The only one that was getting upset was OSU. I stick to facts, when people buy a product the last thing they want to hear is "thats how it is" attitude and to be pushed..

... but with OSU I hope to just agree to disagree.

and thankyou for your time and help. I hope it can be worked out.

I have too many "add on aircraft' and megascenryX to list here but no mesh programs.

thanks

Mark ( celt43)

PS: Im not the only one with the problem, others have mentioned it here in this forum topic.

.. you seem to be looking for trouble with your posts ?

People have been kind here and the support here is generally unparalleled, you might try to change your attitude a little bit and will receive even more help ... in the spirit of the philosophy of the new forum software :)

well ... as has been stated, the effect cannot be recreated (not by me either, I didn't see it in the beta and not in the final ...)

So with 1 or 2 reports here noting an issue and none of the others (how many customers?) seeing it, it's not unreasonable to assume, that something is wrong with your setup rather than with the product. While this is by no means a certainty, it's fair to think so, is it not?

... what are you mesh settings? Even if you don't use 3rd party mesh, the settings can influence the scenery ... please note, I am refering to OSU's comment about the aircraft, not the viewpoint.

"Wrong with your setup" does not mean you don't know how to set up your FS, it can mean that you have set the mesh resolution to 38m or the detail to low and and and ...

For starters, try the following : Mesh detail max, mesh res 9m. Or just push all sliders to the right, LHI is not so big that it should kill your machine.

Hope that helps, with regards,

Hi,

This is what I'm seeing with a fresh install of FSX (SP2), Windows XP Pro (SP2) with the only addons being YLHI and the Carenado Mooney. The pics are from the Carendo Mooney and the default Mooney.

Rgds

David

EDIT: Tried Marc's suggestions, so with all sliders full right, I get the same (the screenshot on the right), so I think my setup is OK (before this, all settings were default)

post-17391-1209595908_thumb.jpg

post-17391-1209595921_thumb.jpg

post-17391-1209600802_thumb.jpg

Hi,

This is what I'm seeing with a fresh install of FSX (SP2), Windows XP Pro (SP2) with the only addons being YLHI and the Carenado Mooney. The pics are from the Carendo Mooney and the default Mooney.

Rgds

David

Hi David, good luck with your problem...

From my point of view,

I have tried all the settings at different levels from very low to full. Made no difference.

I have no mesh products only FSX with SP1 & the Acceleration pack with SP2.

I do have a lot of add on aircraft and two MegaSceneryX "Hawaii & Southern California packs.

To the beta testers..

If everyone would go back to the begining of this topic and read from the start they would see no one had the wrong attitude until we were given excuses and "thats how it is" as a reply.

Other poeple noticed this as well. Not just me.

All the "Beta testers" can take me out into the car park and beat me up.. LOL

Make' em all feel better. LOL

Mark (celt43)

David,

I don't recall this being reported during testing. Does this happen when you fly from another location and land at LHI or does it happen only when you start a flight from LHI? Also does this happen with all aircraft or only with the Carenado?

Like I said, I've never seen this...

OSU000136.jpg

OSU000135-1.jpg

OSU000133.jpg

Hi OSU,

I haven't got time for a full assessment, but so far I have only started from YLHI and get these results. Also, one of my attached screenshots is of the default Mooney, so Carenado and default Mooney's have so far been tried.

I will report back with further info soon, and thanks for the help.

Rgds

David

BTW, the scenery looks great!

Two quick follow-ups (no rush)...

What are your PC specs?

It looks like you might be using the hi-res textures, have you tried the low-res?

I have a speculation as to a possible culprit, but I'm not sure if the correlation is even possible.

I'll check back in a few days and see if there has been any progress.

I have this new realease and love it. It does have the Runway on top of another Runway as mentioned here but only visible if the outside toggled view is to low. I have had three aircraft get stuck in the Runway, one when moving slowly onto the Runway. The other two where on landing but never showed as a crash? Just run along a short distance after touch down and just fell through and come to a stop.

It happened a few times with the default Mooney, the Tiger moth from JustFlight and the P51 Mustang from the new Acceleration Expansion.

Sometimes it happened sometimes it did not.

I stay away from those three and all is well. Hope this information helps. I still love it and any little problems will be worked out sooner or later.

Hi,

I was wondering what effect on the scenery does renaming the file

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\1105\scenery\APX90430.bgl" which contains the default YLHI?

I renamed this file with an "xxx" extension, and with YLHI installed everything looked quite nice (which would be expected since the default isn't loaded :rolleyes: ). I was wondering if there are any underlying effects of doing this or whther YLHI has any dependency on the default scenery?

I haven't had much time to investigate, but have basically found similar observations to poster Aceshigh.

My specs:

Q6600 (not overclocked)

2GB Corsair RAM

ATI HD3870 512MB

Windows XP Pro SP2

FSX SP2

Rgds

David

You may find that by disabling the APX90430.bgl file that you have also made a few other airports disappear too, as they normally contain more than the 1 airfield in each those types of .bgl

Hi Andy,

I was using AFX from Flight 1, and it appeared only to contain YLHI, however thanks for that as I will check it.

David

• 3 weeks later...
If I get the angle and the height at a certain spot off the coast I can see this. I find it very funny. :)

The Lord Howe Island Arch !

post-17410-1210213109_thumb.jpg

That was known problem in beta but I can't remember if there was a solution. Sorry :(

• 2 months later...