Release: Lord Howe Island X

• Aerosoft

When was the last time you could read the headlines of a newspaper in FSX? probably never, but FSX does make textures of that detail possible and Mat, our latest favorite developer, just done it it Lord Howe X.

LordHowe14.jpg

A tiny treasure rising out of the emptiness of the southern Pacific Ocean and part of the Australian state of New South Wales, Lord Howe Island is one of the world's last truly unspoiled Island destinations. Having been done to fully FSX standards it is fast as you never seen before, even though the level of details is amazing. Lord Howe Island is now available for download from the Product Page for just 12.50 Euro (plus vat if you buy from inside the EEC)

LordHowe07a.jpg

LordHowe09.jpg

LordHowe15.jpg

LordHowe16.jpg

LordHowe11.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bought and downloading as we speak! :). I've been refreshing the store every day waiting for this one since the preview.

I'm going to be doing a lot of flying in Australia and North Saxony this weekend, thank you Aerosoft :).

Well there's a lot of love going on in the background, but the guy in the red jumper is playing it a bit cool isn't he? Put your crossword down man!

Scenery looks very nice - well done.

• Aerosoft
Well there's a lot of love going on in the background, but the guy in the red jumper is playing it a bit cool isn't he? Put your crossword down man!

Scenery looks very nice - well done.

Well, we are more worried about the couple that's necking behind them. They have been at it for ever. Get a room!

What's FTX, Collezio?

He mean Flight terrain x Australia the orbix texture for the australia... And me too, but in a few moment i'll be able to answer as i just bought Lord Howe x, and i have FTX!!!

To answer that, no it does not seem so. Lord Howe replaces default autogen files which screws up FTX. So you need to turn FTX off for the installation (something that you should do anyway). When you turn FTX on, the Lord Howe files will be replaced with unknown effect on the island so far.

So the safest bet would be "FTX on" for FTX and "FTX off" for Lord Howe which makes flying inbetween the two a bit annoying since you have to save, flip the switch and reload. I don't know what data is change in the autogen yet.

Different question: Is it normal that I can lower the camera view below the runway/taxiway? Is the runway/taxiway elevated somewhat here?

Private-Cowboy,

Yes, it is normal to be able to see below the runway, this is because the runway itself is a custom object structure placed above the default ground.

So, no worries :D

Well that is not truely the case. You simply have to switch FTX off, install LHI and all is good. You just have to switch FTX on/off inbetween flights to and from LHI which kinda kills the fun. But besides that they work together. And I doubt that using the FTX autogen files (FTX on mode) does anything bad in LHI. After all those files only determine what autogen is used and there is little autogen on LHI at all - very few trees and houses only. So I doubt it does make much of a change. I'll test that later and see what actually does look different if I don't use the LHI autogen files but the ones from FTX.

But betatester have not seen this error autogen and incompatibility?

I would buy the product if it was compatible with FTX! :cry:

As crazy as this sounds....The beta testers might not have known about this - especially since it appears Mathijs didn't know either...

But betatester have not seen this error autogen and incompatibility?

Please remember that not all simmers have all the possible FS add-ons, including FTX.

As crazy as this sounds....The beta testers might not have known about this - especially since it appears Mathijs didn't know either...

True in my case ... I was one of the testers and also never heard of FTX before ... :)

Than you'd better not do something on the top level like replacing standard files. Or at least make it optional and implement a proper switch.

It IS optional ...

Now I can't verify this because I don't have the product....

But the rumour is that VFR Germany modifies the "default.xml" autogen file in much the same Lord Howe did.

Something else for Acceleration owners to potentially be aware of...

That includes me, I was in beta but I just don't have money for everything :(

Not having the money to buy it but knowing what it is, is ok. Not knowing it exists is not, IMO. If you know what AVSIM or Flightim World is, you should know what FTX is. If you don't know what AVSIM is, you should not be beta testing this product.

Not having the money to buy it but knowing what it is, is ok. Not knowing it exists is not, IMO. If you know what AVSIM or Flightim World is, you should know what FTX is. If you don't know what AVSIM is, you should not be beta testing this product.

Even if you KNOW Avsim, you cannot possibly read every post there ... I visit many forums about simming and read what's interesting ... no one can be informed about every minor add-on ... if I have read up correctly, it's an add-on for Australia ... I have never once flown there and frankly am not interested in Australia, no offense ... I collect add-ons for the "big" simming regions Europe and the US. I believe that's true for most simmers.