What is going on with the CRJ update?

Secondator

Did something change with how everything is packaged with this update?  My computer crashed while updating the CRJ, so I removed it entirely and reinstalled the 500/700/900/1000 package, but when I loaded MSFS only the 900 and 1000 were installed.  Clicking Details on it brings me to the store page, which says "this assumes the 500 and 700 are installed" so I went to install the 500/700 separately, but then trying to install the 500/700/900/1000 says that the 500/700 conflicts with it and must be removed.  Previously, I had only the 500/700/900/1000 option installed, and I had access to all four.  I'm trying yet another uninstall/reinstall, and I'll see if I end up with all four planes again, if not I'll write to support.

I am installing via Aerosoft One.

EDIT: Yes, installing the full 500/700/900/1000 package via Aerosoft One only installs the 900 and 1000, and it won't let you install the 500/700 package and the "full" package at the same time.

Edit 2: the 900/1000 download from the Aerosoft website properly installs all variants.

Hi,

sorry, but the issue

Runtime Error (at 66:312)

Internal error: Unknown custom message name

"USERRMSGCRJ1" in "cm" constant.

isn´t solved.

I did three complete new downloads from Simmarket (2 via app - update and order history, 1 via website  - order history) and got the error every time.

Please fix!

Thanks in advance!

I did not read all the posts, so apologies if the issue has already been discussed:

Does the update fix the button press issue in VR?

I know, not the most important thing, but still…

2 hours ago, Joe Markowski said:

Did something change with how everything is packaged with this update?  My computer crashed while updating the CRJ, so I removed it entirely and reinstalled the 500/700/900/1000 package, but when I loaded MSFS only the 900 and 1000 were installed.  Clicking Details on it brings me to the store page, which says "this assumes the 500 and 700 are installed" so I went to install the 500/700 separately, but then trying to install the 500/700/900/1000 says that the 500/700 conflicts with it and must be removed.  Previously, I had only the 500/700/900/1000 option installed, and I had access to all four.  I'm trying yet another uninstall/reinstall, and I'll see if I end up with all four planes again, if not I'll write to support.

I am installing via Aerosoft One.

EDIT: Yes, installing the full 500/700/900/1000 package via Aerosoft One only installs the 900 and 1000, and it won't let you install the 500/700 package and the "full" package at the same time.

Edit 2: the 900/1000 download from the Aerosoft website properly installs all variants.

Lol I was wondering why it wouldn't let me update through Aerosoft One

Fix pls

Same - uninstalled crj package and tried installing with Aerosoft One, but the 500/700/900/1000 installer only installs 900/1000. So uninstalled with Aerosoft One and tried the downloaded full installer for 500/700/900/1000 and I get an error that ASUpdater.dat can't be installed because it can't be found on the system. I ended up restoring my original crj install from a system image and it works, but it's not the updated version and I can't install the updated version.

Anybody having problems with the ATC after the update? The messages from the ATC are cut and only partially played back.

• Upvote 1

yes 

Oh dear, with the update the ATC no longer works at all. Radio messages are only partially played back or not at all…If the AI takes over the ATC, the AI is not played back at all…

• Upvote 2

Same problem with Just Flight for the CRJ 550/700.  Tried downloading the link again, but constant error:-

I get regular stuttering with the CRJ. Don't have that with other aircrafts in sim like Fenix A320. I have between 35-40 FPS in cruise.

2 minutes ago, TomAce said:

I get regular stuttering with the CRJ. Don't have that with other aircrafts in sim like Fenix A320.

You have the Your Controls mod in your community folder?

Same.... FPS are very good, but there are frequent small stutters. Which i also dont have in any other aircraft. There was such an issue in a very early release, theres a thread about that already.
i12-12700K / RTX2080Ti OC

See attached screenshot, the Frametime-Graph top left...

Please login to display this image.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Joe Markowski said:

You have the Your Controls mod in your community folder?

No, I don't. I can try with empty community folder to see if it still appears.

Just did a flight from KSMF to KPDX. A couple of things...

As others have noted, there is no pilot voice (myself or other pilots heard) when interacting with ATC. Example: If I reply with an ATC request, it happens, but I don't hear my pilot read back the instructions. This also applies to other pilots. I hear ATC request something from another plane, it replies and you can see the text reply in the ATC window, but you never actually hear the pilot reply... 

No terrain display for me. I checked the documentation again and the only thing I found was the terrain toggle, on the captains side panel. I click it the PFD says "Terrain" at the top. But I got no terrain display, even on approach or low altitudes. Again, maybe I'm doing something wrong or it's the update, so if anyone can explain how you enable the terrain display, please do so...

VNAV (coupled VNAV) might be broken and TOD. I only had time for one flight, but no TOD marker appeared anywhere in my flight path. Enabling VNAV did nothing. Clicking the VNAV button, the lights for it didn't turn on either. Again, not sure if this one is me or the update. Need to try a few more flights...;

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Hello 

Anyone can help for installation the update from SIMMARKET always have :

vor 12 Stunden schrieb aloper:

Just did a flight from KSMF to KPDX. A couple of things...

As others have noted, there is no pilot voice (myself or other pilots heard) when interacting with ATC. Example: If I reply with an ATC request, it happens, but I don't hear my pilot read back the instructions. This also applies to other pilots. I hear ATC request something from another plane, it replies and you can see the text reply in the ATC window, but you never actually hear the pilot reply... 

No terrain display for me. I checked the documentation again and the only thing I found was the terrain toggle, on the captains side panel. I click it the PFD says "Terrain" at the top. But I got no terrain display, even on approach or low altitudes. Again, maybe I'm doing something wrong or it's the update, so if anyone can explain how you enable the terrain display, please do so...

VNAV (coupled VNAV) might be broken and TOD. I only had time for one flight, but no TOD marker appeared anywhere in my flight path. Enabling VNAV did nothing. Clicking the VNAV button, the lights for it didn't turn on either. Again, not sure if this one is me or the update. Need to try a few more flights...;

I did EDMM-EGJJ, Terrain Radar and TOD worked. But i guess the TOD not appearing bug sometimes, is in there since a long time. There is some discussion about it somewhere in the forums.

3 hours ago, HewPilot said:

Hello 

Anyone can help for installation the update from SIMMARKET always have :

I made firs(yestarday) that I downloaded installer direct from Aerosoft Shop via my Account. This Installer did not worked. As I used Aerosoft One addon and downloaded & insalled with this AS One I got all working. I don't know very much about this Aerosoft One product but as I bought a Aerosoft PANC from SimMarket I must use the Aerosoft One addon to instal this airport.

Mayby You can try this, too or try Simmarket apllication -> download it and run...

I wanted to do another test today flying to EGLC and I've just noticed that 550/700 variants are missing. 900/1000 are in my library. I tested 1000 yesterday.

2 hours ago, Sandro Vitalini said:

I did EDMM-EGJJ, Terrain Radar and TOD worked. But i guess the TOD not appearing bug sometimes, is in there since a long time. There is some discussion about it somewhere in the forums.

I'm not sure if it's me and I'm doing something wrong, but another flight now, KPDX to KSJC. Turned on Terrain and got nothing the entire flight. I do see "Terrain" in the PFD, but no terrain display of any kind....I'm flying the 900 for reference...

The 550 and the 700 is missing for me as well. This update has broken more than it has upgraded for me. Hope some AS officials can come with a statement soon about the mess.

25 minutes ago, TomAce said:

The 550 and the 700 is missing for me as well. This update has broken more than it has upgraded for me. Hope some AS officials can come with a statement soon about the mess.

I uninstalled the 550/700/900/1000 package in the AS One, installed it again and now all variants are back. But you're right, the silence coming from AS is very loud. I guess that's a consequence of it being released before weekend.