What is going on with the CRJ update?

Secondator

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for the comments and feedback. All I can say is that these systems would basically need a major rework affecting many different areas that would need to be looked into as well. In some cases, "hacks" might work, but usually can just cause more trouble than a proper fix. For example if rudder and tiller values are force locked to 0 when NWS is off, that would also mean that rudder would not be operable in flight at all if said switch is set to OFF, which is not really desirable. We might look into some possibilities on these areas but right now it's impossible to promise anything further. I'm sorry I am unable to give any better answer on this area right now.

• Thanks 3

Thats more than enough for the moment, but i hope you consider it further down the line, or at the very least, for future releases from Aerosoft. Imagin the Backlash such things would have in the community when such shortcuts are done on the Airbusses you guys have in the pipeline. Probably much more than on this release. I know, Aerosoft isnt competing with FENIX or PMDG, but still. Basic normal operation stuff should be working in some way or another. But anyway, i appreciate the communication, and in the end, its not a dealbreaker and not at the top of the priority list. Just a little extra to make the CRJ great again! :)

One system emulation I can think of is something that's been brought up before - if you accidentally power off then the FMS loses all it's data, while the real one has battery backup for a bit. There's a thread about it elsewhere which I'll attempt to dig out at some point. Flightsimmers are far more likely to do this by accident than professionals! I've done it just by the sim having a micro-freeze & misplacing a mouse click...

• Upvote 4

Has any work been done for this coming update to fix the reliability of the SPEED mode? I know it's not auto throttle and all, and should set a pitch, based on the set speed... It can get frustrating as hell, in a climb out, to engage SPEED, and watch the plane just blow by the set speed for the climb. I have to quickly switch to VS to keep the airspeed and climb rate under control...Sometimes, it works perfectly, sometimes it's like it's not even on...

After two flights yesterday, it refused to engage and work, even though the panel shows it engaged. After getting a little frustrated, I setup the same flight from KSMF and flew the takeoff six times. Two times, speed mode worked, four times it didn't. Tried taking off, engaging NAV, then SPEED, the auto pilot. Tried taking off, only engaging NAV, then autopilot, then SPEED. Didn't seem to make a difference. I also made sure I was in climb mode on the throttles, and my set altitude was higher than my current altitude. I've tried turning SPEED off, then back on. Turning auto pilot off, NAV and Speed off, and starting over...and it was still ignoring the SPEED mode. I literally on one flight test, sat here, clicking speed on, then off, on then off. At some point, it did start working after like 10 or more clicks, turning it off, then back on...

7 minutes ago, aloper said:

Has any work been done for this coming update to fix the reliability of the SPEED mode? I know it's not auto throttle and all, and should set a pitch, based on the set speed... It can get frustrating as hell, in a climb out, to engage SPEED, and watch the plane just blow by the set speed for the climb. I have to quickly switch to VS to keep the airspeed and climb rate under control...Sometimes, it works perfectly, sometimes it's like it's not even on...

This is probably my biggest issue. I can work around most of the other bugs, but this one has the potential to really screw up VATSIM flights. I've had the same happen in the CJ4 on occasion so my guess is that Aerosoft is relying on the default Asobo flight level change functionality, but I'd love to see this fixed. It's very hit or miss for me on whether this happens though; it's not consistent.

Great to hear of the upcoming update. Dissappointed that the LNV wasn't addressed, since it's the only real issue I have with the plane, but it does sound like a major overhaul would be needed. Thanks for the info. 

Definitely not as important as some of the system fixes, but have some of the animations (flap speed, spoiler deployment speed, APU heat blur) been worked on? 

Second, a feature I find that doesn’t always work is where you insert the estimated time of departure on the FMC. Sometimes it doesn’t take the inputs. Not sure if this was addressed 

• Upvote 2

Am 15.6.2022 um 23:20 schrieb aloper:

I never had a problem like that in the CRJ. After takeoff i activate Speed Mode und HDG Mode, so the FD shows me the correct HDG and climb angle. After the plane is stabilized, i activate the AP and switch to NAV Mode. Speed Mode keeps active of course and the plane keeps the selected speed until it reaches the selected altitude. Even when i change the selected speed, from 250kts to 290 at 10000ft i.e., then the climb rate decreases for a short time to raise speed and goes back in a steeper climb when the 290kts are reached.

Short: It always works perfect in my CRJ (9).

• Upvote 5

On 6/15/2022 at 4:20 PM, aloper said:

As Ha_Ma state, I have not had this issue.  Are you pulling the thottles to CLB?  If you are leaving them in TOGA mode, then that can get messy.  Pull to CLB then once stabilized on the needles, engage AP.  Not sure this is the way it works in the real plane but I never engage A/P until I am at CLB on the throttles. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The update has been send to Microsoft for release. As you remember we have a deal with MS that it would only be a simultaneous release. Should not take long. 

when will it be available on the "AS One" portal  then 

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The update has been send to Microsoft for release. As you remember we have a deal with MS that it would only be a simultaneous release. Should not take long. 

Thanks Mathijs.  Can we have the official list of patch notes in the meantime?

• Upvote 1

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

wohoo, thanks team for the work! Hope we get more frequent updates now! :)

• Upvote 2

Thanks Mathijs! I'm excited to try the update. I hope that this update will not be viewed as a "we threw them a bone, so now we can put that behind us for a few months" thing but any larger/more urgent issues that may have slipped the net are looked at sooner rather than later (as busy as Aerosoft may be.)

• Upvote 3

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, molleh said:

Thanks Mathijs! I'm excited to try the update. I hope that this update will not be viewed as a "we threw them a bone, so now we can put that behind us for a few months" thing but any larger/more urgent issues that may have slipped the net are looked at sooner rather than later (as busy as Aerosoft may be.)

We are already planning the next update. So the work continues straight on with no plans to put the CRJ aside for few months now that this update is pushed for release. But of course way too early with any further details right now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Secondator said:

We are already planning the next update. So the work continues straight on with no plans to put the CRJ aside for few months now that this update is pushed for release. But of course way too early with any further details right now.

Excellent, glad to hear it!

• Upvote 1

Glad to see the CRJ update as of now in MSFS content manager. That was fast, well, at least publishing the update once it was submitted to MS 🙂. Now I am curious where to find the change log?

• Upvote 2

vor 5 Minuten schrieb LH4371:

Glad to see the CRJ update as of now in MSFS content manager. That was fast, well, at least publishing the update once it was submitted to MS 🙂. Now I am curious where to find the change log?

Yep, changelog would be nice…

1 hour ago, Sandro Vitalini said:

Yep, changelog would be nice…

Changelog would be nice?  What would be nice is the update for the rest of us who didn't purchase through MS.   I thought both were to be available simultaneously?  

My guess is we will have to wait until tomorrow as it's currently nighttime in Europe. Definitely not "The moment it is available in the Marketplace" though... 

1 minute ago, jenke said:

My guess is we will have to wait until tomorrow as it's currently nighttime in Europe. Definitely not "The moment it is available in the Marketplace" though... 

Is Microsoft control Marketplace not Asobo