VATSIM Pre-File Link

Hello All,

Where can I modify the VATSIM Link for prefiling my flight plan?  It is now just taking me to the Vatsim start page.

Thanks

Andreas J. Elesky

Hello Andreas,

I don't believe the prefile link can be user modified.

However you can simply copy the ATC route and use the 'Import ICAO FPL' function on the Vatsim prefile page.

• Like 1

Moin!

Hat jemand eine Lösung gefunden, damit der ursprüngliche Weg wieder funktioniert? Ansonsten muss alles andere manuell eingegeben werden, das war vorher einfacher.

thomas

Kyle,

I am afraid not (I would really like for the developer to update the link, if it is a quick fix). However, Stephen's workaround is very simple process (you need 3 more clicks only).

On 6/7/2022 at 5:12 PM, srcooke said:

However you can simply copy the ATC route and use the 'Import ICAO FPL' function on the Vatsim prefile page.

It is a really easy process. Only thing is that Fuel Endurance does not get uploaded automatically (in my case), so I have to type that one it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TestPilot1 said:

Same here, any solution?
I'm using it every time and now I can't.

Your only option is per my post above.

You only need add the endurance figure as the Vatsim FPL Import ignores the E/ reference in the PFPX flightplan.

On 6/10/2022 at 6:42 PM, srcooke said:

Your only option is per my post above.

You only need add the endurance figure as the Vatsim FPL Import ignores the E/ reference in the PFPX flightplan.

Yes, I saw it
But there is no option to change the URL that the PFPX export to it for the Flight plan URL in Vatsim website?

• 2 weeks later...

Easy workaround

After you have selected in PFPX - Send -> Vatsim and the prefile page fails to load, simply replace the beginning of the prefile URL in your browser and refresh the page. 

Replaced https://www.vatsim.net/fp/ with https://cert.vatsim.net/fp/file.php  

For example:

https://www.vatsim.net/fp/?1=I&2=BAW2063&3=H/B772...................................

changed to 

https://cert.vatsim.net/fp/file.php?1=I&2=BAW2063&3=H/B772...............

Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

• Developer

Thanks @PinkPony

If you guys are using Chrome you can add an Extention called "Requestly". OneRule is for free.

It rewrites the URL so that the old PFPX Link is working without any manual changes.

But never the less, would be great if PFPX would adjust this in the code and add the wake turbulance.

Please login to display this image.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, PinkPony said:

Easy workaround

After you have selected in PFPX - Send -> Vatsim and the prefile page fails to load, simply replace the beginning of the prefile URL in your browser and refresh the page. 

Replaced https://www.vatsim.net/fp/ with https://cert.vatsim.net/fp/file.php  

For example:

https://www.vatsim.net/fp/?1=I&2=BAW2063&3=H/B772...................................

changed to 

https://cert.vatsim.net/fp/file.php?1=I&2=BAW2063&3=H/B772...............

Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Capt. PERO said:

Thanks @PinkPony

If you guys are using Chrome you can add an Extention called "Requestly". OneRule is for free.

It rewrites the URL so that the old PFPX Link is working without any manual changes.

But never the less, would be great if PFPX would adjust this in the code and add the wake turbulance.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/25/2022 at 10:26 PM, Capt. PERO said:

Thanks @PinkPony

thank you.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
42 minutes ago, airbusitalia77 said:

hello guys, but there is no possibility that some developer can redo pfpx completely new? i.e. a new route planner. Thank you

This is a private opinion, not one of Aerosoft. At this moment I think it is very hard to compete with SimBrief. 

SimBrief used to be a very strong freeware tool that was bought by Navigraph. That made it even stronger. We decided not to sell PFPX any more because it was not actively developed anymore (yet it is still supported to some degree) and because SimBrief is simply a more customer attractive option right now. 

Now if you like me to offer an alternative for short VFR flights... Windy.com, the site we all love has a flightplanner plugin that is in regards to weather unbeatable.

5 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

This is a private opinion, not one of Aerosoft. At this moment I think it is very hard to compete with SimBrief. 

SimBrief used to be a very strong freeware tool that was bought by Navigraph. That made it even stronger. We decided not to sell PFPX any more because it was not actively developed anymore (yet it is still supported to some degree) and because SimBrief is simply a more customer attractive option right now. 

Now if you like me to offer an alternative for short VFR flights... Windy.com, the site we all love has a flightplanner plugin that is in regards to weather unbeatable.

except SB can not compare to the level of customization PFPX offers. you could have blown SB out of the water with you putting a little time into it.

On 7/19/2022 at 9:27 PM, Ajb987 said:

except SB can not compare to the level of customization PFPX offers. you could have blown SB out of the water with you putting a little time into it.

Although I tend to agree with Mathijs to some degree as a new user of SB (had to do the move as I stared slowly using MSFS as well and the freeware Headwind A339 and there's no A339 profile for PFPX and most probably won't ever be. It takes a little time to get used to. There are however two things out of the box that I don't like about SB (but well... Its free, so it's more than superb for the price). One is that if I want to avoid certain airspaces, airways, etc, I have to write down manually thise everytime I plan a flight. I wish there was an option for example in user preferences for SB to avoid certain areas everytime I plan a flight, like PFPX does. One other thing I don't like about SB is that the map doesn't show the airway direction and if I plan a flight I can get to an airway in the opposite direction (of course I am talking about airways that only go into one direction). To avoid that, I have to open Navigraph Charts (thankfully I am a subscriber of Navigraph) to see if I am not going through a wrong way (that is, when I manually plan my route). And another thing that SB lacks in my opinion is that the map only has the option to show airways, not direct routes, nor the veetical limits of the airways. But then again, SB is completely free so all these "faults" are more than understandable.

One thing I love about SB versus PFPX though, is that the airport database is simply amazing. I have the ORBX scenery for Jan Mayen (ENJA) which, being a solely military airbase with usability restrictions, doesn't have much information around the Internet, not even charts ir information on Navigraph Charts. Well... SB has ir and I can olan a flight to/from it out of the box. Same for ZUBD in China. If I want to olan a flight using thise airports (and maybe others) in PFPX I have to manually add the airport to the database (there are other examples also in China/Tibet). That is a great advantage for me that counteracts some if the faults/lacks of SB.

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, HAM016 said:
This option hasn't worked for me for weeks. Do you look different?

As posted in this topic vatsim changed the server functions on their side, it is unlikely PFPX will be updated.

The workaround posted by Captain Pero above broadly works.

• Aerosoft

Gents, keep in mind that because the developers have stopped full support we have stopped selling this product. Unfortunately is is simple end of life.  We simply do not expect any updates, nor support for new NDP datasets.

Believe me, we wish it would be different as we seriously like PFPX.