Any way to adjust brightness of HGS?

jay jay

The HGS is either too dim for daylight use or too bright for using at night.   I can't seem to adjust the brightness.   The rotating knob at the top of the HGS mounting arm doesn't seem to be enabled and pushing BRT or DIM on the HGS control panel does nothing.    

Any ideas?   

And I'll ask again, is there any way to get the various ILS modes to activate?   I can get the others, but nothing I seem to do can enable the ILS Cat I-III modes when landing. 

Just bumping this.   There has to be a way to adjust the brightness, correct?  It's barely visible on a bright day and nearly overwhelming when using it at night.   What am I missing here?

11 hours ago, jay jay said:

Just bumping this.   There has to be a way to adjust the brightness, correct?  It's barely visible on a bright day and nearly overwhelming when using it at night.   What am I missing here?

Isn't it on the HGS housing itself? A knob

12 hours ago, jstnj said:

Isn't it on the HGS housing itself? A knob

Maybe it's me but I can't get that knob to turn, so I've been using the buttons on the HGS control panel.    Wouldn't they work as well?

2 hours ago, jay jay said:

Maybe it's me but I can't get that knob to turn, so I've been using the buttons on the HGS control panel.    Wouldn't they work as well?

Not sure to be honest. I haven't used the CRJ in months and I only check the forums every once in a while to see when they are going to fix/patch it.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 9:52 AM, jstnj said:

Not sure to be honest. I haven't used the CRJ in months and I only check the forums every once in a while to see when they are going to fix/patch it.

Once in a while? You are here every other day with posts...June.. 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 13th....

and all you do is complain to the manager.....  for what the price of a couple decent pizzas?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

Once in a while? You are here every other day with posts...June.. 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 13th....

and all you do is complain to the manager.....  for what the price of a couple decent pizzas?

Did my post hurt your feelings or something? If it did, I'm sorry. I am trying to help someone with an issue I randomly saw, and you come in here like flightsim forum sherlock holmes thinking youre about to blow minds and prove a point..what's your motive?

Is your problem that I try to hold companies accountable? Am I too direct toward Aerosoft? Are you worried they are sad? Should I stop doing that? Jesus lol. I don't get it.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Richard Dastardly said:

I can definitely twist the knob via mouse scrollwheel, and that definitely affects HUD brightness. Starts off full bright so you initially have to scroll it the other way to the arrow to make it do anything.

That's weird.  For the life of me, I have been unable to get this to turn.   I'll try again.   Thanks for letting me know this feature is actually functional.

On 6/14/2022 at 10:45 AM, jstnj said:

Did my post hurt your feelings or something? If it did, I'm sorry. I am trying to help someone with an issue I randomly saw, and you come in here like flightsim forum sherlock holmes thinking youre about to blow minds and prove a point..what's your motive?

Is your problem that I try to hold companies accountable? Am I too direct toward Aerosoft? Are you worried they are sad? Should I stop doing that? Jesus lol. I don't get it.

When Karen's make up crap and "lie" I enjoy pointing it out...

You are not holding anyone accountable ..  you are just annoying and crying like an entitled brat.. 

I have no hurt feelings... Just holding you accountable to your own statements :) ... oh the Irony...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2022 at 6:19 AM, jay jay said:

That's weird.  For the life of me, I have been unable to get this to turn.   I'll try again.   Thanks for letting me know this feature is actually functional.

did you click it first to take it off auto brightness? Manuals are a wonderful thing. 

• Upvote 2