Working Altitude binding for AAO with Honeycomb Bravo?

Hey, 

I remember waiting forever to fly the CRJ9 & CRJ10, I took a break from the CRJ7 after being annoyed with the controls interface in sim. After finally getting the CRJ "expansion" I was confronted with the fact that the people who make the software for my hardware still haven't bothered to put any updates into the drivers/bindings, so I guess I need to go buy Axis And Oh's because why make the software work with your products, that's silly....

After grabbing AAO and throwing in a few different templates to look for one that fixed my biggest annoyance, I've found that every one of them works with the rotary knobs for Heading, Speed, VS, etc.......but none of them seem to work for setting altitude, which is the biggest annoyance with the CRJ in sim. Adjusting the speed isn't that bad with mouse and I don't really use it that much anyways, heading can be centered, but adjusting the altitude is a huge PITA and it would be soooo much easier to just spin the rotary knob.

Did Aerosoft kill something in all of these CRJ templates? Am I missing something? Really confused that everything else works from setting different modes with all the buttons, selecting which rotary I want to spin on the FCP, and even adjusting those modes with the right knob, but altitude just refuses to move.

Feeling really frustrated that I can't figure this out and further disappointed with Aerosoft holding the Honeycomb software bag  😕 

I use SPAD.neXt and it works fine...

@Crabby uses AAO and I think he also has no issues with setting these values...  you probably need to make sure you have the correct LVARs that you are controlling

I use AaO too and i can upload the Script later. But i use it with an other controller (X-Touch Mini) and so you have to look how you can bind it to your rotary.

As promised here are my scripts to set the altitude:

This one increments the Altitude by 100ft per Klick:

(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·10·+·dnor·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)·1·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)

And this one decrements the same amount:
(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·10·-·dnor·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)·-1·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)

But i do not know how to bind them to the Bravo Rotary that they get active by selecting via the mode knob...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

As Ha_Ma says, here are the AxisAndOhs scripts to change the ALT in the CRJ FCP.
Note the button may not visually rotate, but the altitude on the display will change.

SELECT ALTITUDE SCRIPT: 
1·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT,·Number)

INCREMENT ALTITUDE SCRIPT: 
(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·10·+·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·
(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)·++·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)

DECREMENT ALTITUDE SCRIPT: 
(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·10·-·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·
(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)·--·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)

image.png

And here a tutorial on how to use AxisAnd Ohs : 

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
On 5/30/2022 at 6:30 PM, Ha_Ma said:

As promised here are my scripts to set the altitude:

This one increments the Altitude by 100ft per Klick:

(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·10·+·dnor·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)·1·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)

And this one decrements the same amount:
(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·10·-·dnor·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)·-1·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)

But i do not know how to bind them to the Bravo Rotary that they get active by selecting via the mode knob...

Hi Ha_Ma,

A question please : 
I have used the "dnor" instruction, but never saw any effect of it despite the fact it is supposed to "normalize" the value range.
Can you tell me more about it ?
I may have misused or misunderstood it, however.

Thank you. 

vor 7 Minuten schrieb SimWare:

Hi Ha_Ma,

A question please : 
I have used the "dnor" instruction, but never saw any effect of it despite the fact it is supposed to "normalize" the value range.
Can you tell me more about it ?
I may have misused or misunderstood it, however.

Thank you. 

I am sorry, but i can not help further here. My knowledge in script programming is limited and i got lots of help from a friend in another forum.

But i guess it is because the difference in our second part of our scripts. You have a seperate file that says:

vor 12 Stunden schrieb SimWare:

(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)·++·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)

And i have one complete file like:

Am 30.5.2022 um 18:30 schrieb Ha_Ma:

So i think the dnor makes it possible to write one file and change the ++ in the second part to 1.

But this is just my assumption.

• Aerosoft

Hi Ha_Ma,

Thank you.
I see. Your script encapsulates the altitude selection AND the altitude change, wich is a good idea.
I will further check that "dnor" stuff and post an answer if I ever find it  !

Best regards.

• Upvote 1