Please, don't let this aircraft die!

Martín Agua

Am 25.5.2022 um 14:05 schrieb Martín Agua:

Let's review the current 3rd party airliner market for MSFS; PMDG has their DC-6 for 55€ and their 737NG for 65€, Just Flight has their 146 for 60€, Leonardo has their MD-80 for 90€ and Fenix has their A320 for 59€. All of them offer a service and product that is light years above what Aerosoft offers for their CRJ, forcing you to buy the 550/700 for 50€ in order to have access to buy the more popular 900/1000 for another 20€. An armed robbery if you ask me.

I do agree from the price site.

I am just switiching over to MSFS from P3D right now and I am really frustrated that if you have bought the CRJ X and CRJ Pro and you are not able for a small discount if you like to buy the CRJ for MSFS too.

Sadly, as much as I love the CRJ, I wont buy it for the full price right now.

Cheers

4 minutes ago, Bernd E. said:

I do agree from the price site.

I am just switiching over to MSFS from P3D right now and I am really frustrated that if you have bought the CRJ X and CRJ Pro and you are not able for a small discount if you like to buy the CRJ for MSFS too.

Sadly, as much as I love the CRJ, I wont buy it for the full price right now.

Cheers

I sort of understand this position, barely.  However, unless you purchased the NGxU before December 31, 2019, the PMDG has to be purchased at full price and now a la carte, which is good for some not so good for others.  The Maddog required paying full price.  In both those cases I have owned every version of the released aircraft and every version of the PMDG.  No one seems to be complaining that no discount was offered on the Fenix, is that because it is their first offering and therefore deemed worthy of full payment but other developers need to pony up a discount?  I don't know.  

"Won't buy it all full price now", ok, this can get interesting.  I paid full price.  If they give everyone a discount later, would that be retroactive to me also?  Personally, I do not think so nor would I be buffoon enough to even ask, but I am sure you can imagine what this board will look like if that were to happen. 

This is another one of those things I fail to fully grasp today.  Do we expect discounts now on everything that is purchased or just hobby stuff?  In the end, it is your choice to exercise.  That choice will have at least one consequence and that would be to fly or not fly the CRJ.  Only you can decide how much you love it. 

• Upvote 3

On 6/1/2022 at 2:20 PM, Crabby said:

If you need drama go watch the Depp verdict. 

Crabbs,

If you really want some drama, go to the PMDG forums.  That's where the drama is.  Don't take this the wrong way, but you could soften your approach a little.  Not every post confrontation has to be a battle to the death.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, Pickafivestring said:

Crabbs,

If you really want some drama, go to the PMDG forums.  That's where the drama is.  Don't take this the wrong way, but you could soften your approach a little.  Not every post confrontation has to be a battle to the death.

It's interesting because he's in at least one discord channel I am in, and he seems like a (completely different and) reasonable person for the most part.

I guess when he sits in front of his computer with time to compose forum post...his need to become a gatekeeping rude douche overrides any other instinct, including the most preferred one from everyone: not saying anything at all.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jstnj said:

It's interesting because he's in at least one discord channel I am in, and he seems like a (completely different and) reasonable person for the most part.

I guess when he sits in front of his computer with time to compose forum post...his need to become a gatekeeping rude douche overrides any other instinct, including the most preferred one from everyone: not saying anything at all.

Very interesting.  I do not attack any particular person, except in very rare cases, like this one.  On one hand I am very reasonable and on the other a gatekeeping rude douche.  Do you not find it ironic that you resort to name calling while calling me rude?  Either way, if you notice, what is not like is the message.  Now instead of refuting the message and proving it wrong, folks like you decide to call me names that you would not do to my face.  Fascinating. 

Also, I make two or three posts on a thread with dozens and I am beating a dead horse.  Again, fascinating the way the brain works sometimes. 

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft
On 5/25/2022 at 3:39 PM, eag_a said:

the community is well aware that the plan has been virtually abandoned (until that long promised update that is ;)) and discourages people from buying it.

And the community is simply incorrect. They just do not believe the messages we shared here, which is fine. You are not part of the Discord group where the devs, the testers, the advisors and Aerosoft (me). So you and 'the community' simply does not know that a beta of the update has been send to the testers today and that the project is not virtually or actually abandoned. The update we need is simply not ready for release, that is all.

And please do not worry about sales.  I got just got the sales data of May and it is simply good. Always keep in mind that the amount of people you think you reach on a forums is relatively very small compared to the actual customers. In our latest poll (last week of April)  82% of customer was simply very happy with what they bought.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/6/2022 at 1:42 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

You are not part of the Discord group where the devs, the testers, the advisors and Aerosoft (me). So you and 'the community' simply does not know that a beta of the update has been send to the testers today and that the project is not virtually or actually abandoned.

You realize you just outlined the issue, right?

You are right, we aren't part of the discord...and would be great to have access to a discord server where there are private dev areas for AS devs, and public ones for us.

I've seen it proposed quite a few times, and not just in the CRJ section.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb jstnj:

You realize you just outlined the issue, right?

No because the Discord group is for:

Am 6.6.2022 um 19:42 schrieb Mathijs Kok:

devs, the testers, the advisors and Aerosoft

So no. It is not public.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

No because the Discord group is for:

So no. It is not public.

If there are parts of the server that need to be private, Discord is literally built for that, using server roles. The point, that you missed, is that there's no reason it can't be public, other than Aerosoft's choice to keep it that way.

2 hours ago, jstnj said:

If there are parts of the server that need to be private, Discord is literally built for that, using server roles. The point, that you missed, is that there's no reason it can't be public, other than Aerosoft's choice to keep it that way.

Yep, it's Aerosoft's choice.  They made a choice.  Badgering them about it does no good.  All that would happen is someone would be pissed because they heard a rumor and demand access to the dev channels for transparency, and they probably get enough of that here with demands for lists and timelines and promises.  

• Upvote 3

As I type this my CRJ 700 is at 33,000 halfway between KDEN TO KPDX. I’ve not flown any of the four CRJs that I own in a few months at least. Too many other good birds to fly, MD-80 (Leonardo), BAE146 (Justflight), B737 (PMDG), A320 (Fenix). Yes, after a 1.5 year dearth of complex study level jets to fly, there now is an embarrassment of riches and no one should complain about that, but I digress…

I came here because I am flying my 700 right now and it is acting splendidly. Nominal would be a good word. Being software that is not always the case LoL so today is a bonus day for me! My heart is fond of the CRJ series because it was the first third party plane done right. Good systems, good textures, good looks. Not everything worked as expected, this IS software after all, but after a patch or two it was as good or better than most and so it has remained until the embarrassment of riches arrived, now t is just “ok”.

The OP asks Aerosoft not to abandon the CRJ and Mathijs replied, “we’re not, we’re updating it”.  His response has been followed by various responses ranging from disbelief to sincere gratitude. Kindly put me in the latter category for as you see, I don’t NEED the CRJ, I have plenty already. But I LIKE the CRJ and I would probably LOVE a modernized version. 

I will wait patiently and look forward to its sooner than later release.  All the best,

-A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

On 6/6/2022 at 7:42 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

<snip> In our latest poll (last week of April)  82% of customer was simply very happy with what they bought.

Where can I see/get polls? Never seen one, but i'm very happy overall also.

8 minutes ago, Cygnific said:

Where can I see/get polls? Never seen one, but i'm very happy overall also.

Why does everyone think companies have to publish everything they do?  What's next?  Do people want to see their work schedule to make sure they are not slacking off?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

As  Mathijs has answered the initial statement and as this discussion leads to nowhere, the topic is closed for the moment.

• Like 1