PMDG aircraft won't load after PC reinstall

Sebast

Greetings,

I have been using Simstarter NG P3D for quite a while now, I love all the options we have (like starting applications according to offline/online flying etc.).

Last weekend I have upgraded my sim PC:

• I installed a new mainboard + CPU + NVMe SSD.
  • I installed Windows 11.
  • I installed P3D v5.3 HF2.
  • I have reinstalled all other stuff from scratch too, including Simstarter. For Simstarter, I copied over the data folder with my settings.
  • I have installed al add-ons and aircraft as I had before.
  • PMDG aircraft can be loaded succesfully from the P3D scenario window, no problem.

I am having problems using Simstarter to load the PMDG 737 NGXu at EHAM gate D26 (FlyTampa Amsterdam + Orbx TrueEarth NL):

• P3D will start and the splash screen will show.
  • After while it will disappear.
  • There is a P3D process, but nothing is visible.

Troubleshooting steps taken (spawning at EHAM gate D26, FlyTampa/Orbx TE NL if enabled):

• Try loading the NGXu from the P3D scenario window(with all scenery active): success.
  • Load scenario from SSNG with the NGXu: no success.
  • Load scenario from SSNG with another PMDG (747 or 777): no success.
  • Disable all add-ons in Simstarter + load scenario with NGXu from SSNG: no success.
  • Disable all scenery in Simstarter + load scenario with NGXu from SSNG: no success.
  • Load scenario from SSNG with a P3D default aircraft: success!

I have looked in the SSNG logging, but I don't see anything useful there. I would appreciate any extra help or pointers to solve this 'problem' 🙂

• Developer

Right. This is an topic that has been discussed many times. Some third-party Add-Ons cannot loaded as saved flight. Like PMDG aircraft.

See manual chapter 2.1.3 for more information.

In these cases you need to load the scenario with an default plane and switch to your favorite.

I re-read my post, I think I described my problem ambiguously... Sorry for that. I never used SSNG to use a saved flight.

I'm using the 'Situation' window to select a PMDG aircraft at, for instance, EHAM gate D26 and this isn't working for any of my PMDG aircraft.

• Developer

But SIMstarter uses the technology of saved flights to make the "situation" settings happen.

This is not a SIMstarter issue. You could reproduce this, if you save a flight with PMDG aircraft and try to load it initally.