HUD moving by itself

amanlulo

Hi, yesterday I re-flew witht he CRJ 900; while opening, the HUD moved up and down by itself, trembling too. Some unespected visual bug after WU9? I know there's always some surèrise after each update 🙂

Thanks for any help & regards,

Fulvio

Hi Herman, never had, bust just few minutes ago I realized that keeping the rightclick of the mouse pressed, the trembling disappear!!! Never happened before with the CRJ and never happened with any other moving HUD - such as the PMDG 737 -. Absolutely weird

BTW, thanks for your reply

• Thanks 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for sharing what you learned so far. I've never experienced that before either. I'll have to give mine a test this evening. I definitely didn't have this after SU9, and I do have a switch on my Honeycomb Bravo mapped to the HUD up-and-down.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hmmm...I just tried mine and nothing like what you described with the HUD. I tried switching it between up and down several times and it moved and stayed stable throughout.

Some basic info is needed to help you further: please reply with your system specs including OS/RAM/VRAM, and source of your sim and the CRJ (MS Store/Steam/Aerosoft/in-sim Marketplace as appropriate). This isn't all needed to help you here, but it's good to include if you have future issues you need help with.

The basic troubleshooting steps are: Empty out your Community folder except for the CRJ; optionally and if you know where to find it, delete the content.xml file which the sim will rebuild on launch (for a non-steam installation, it's at C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache ; reboot the computer, then fire up the sim with just your throttle, flight controls and rudder pedals if you have them.  No VR goggles or other hardware controllers. As with system specs, you might not need to do all the steps I listed, but doing so ensures you have a baseline sim so as to isolate out any interfering add-ons or hardware.

With the sim open, go through all your bindings on every peripheral (yes, even mouse and keyboard) to look for anything having to do with the HUD. Then go to your favorite airport with the CRJ starting on the runway (to avoid missing a checklist item) and work the HUD up and down to see what gives. If the problem seems to be gone, then shut down the sim, add any other hardware if any you use and repeat. If that still has the HUD doing what it's supposed to, add in whatever you took out of your Community folder one at a time, checking the sim for a stable HUD each time. This is all time consuming, but the surest way to isolate any software and/or hardware issues. Report back on what you learn when you can.

Best wishes.

Hi Herman, first of all I can only but thank you for your support; you're absolutely kind to me and I really appreciate it.

Look Herman, I flew without any single issue since a couple of days ago; I uninstalled and reinstalled the CRJ, but to no avail, even deleting manually each single file linked to the plane - but to no avail -. More, flying with the PMDG 737, its HUD worked fine.

I understand and know perfectly that the procedure you're suggesting me is the proper and only correct one, but after NOT having added/deleted any single button/key, I must confess I prefer to let the CRJ in my hangar and hope in some future miracle, as it happened sometimes in the past - especially in P3D -.

I'll try some more action, even if I don't think something will change 😞

Regards,

Fulvio   

• Deputy Sheriffs

Fulvio, I understand your decision, as it's a logical reaction to this mystery. I trust you're installing/uninstalling through Aerosoft One, which makes it pretty easy to do so, especially if you have a decent internet connection. As for the future update, there's a good sized one coming up at some point (when is not yet announced), so when it drops, it will be well advertised and I hope you'll try the CRJ again.

You're a pleasure to work with through this, even though we didn't get it solved. I appreciate your courtesy.

Best Regards,
Herman

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic