GCLP VDGS Text is not on the right place

Hi,

just bought the new Gran Canary Scenery for MSFS, by trying the new VDGS the text is not showing correctly:

image.thumb.png.e1e0b61ea2cdd5d109e9b6dfb91f8f49.png

Tested on the Gate T04, T10, T11 everthing the same. Tested it on EDDK and EDLP there is the Text on the correct place.

I reinstalled the Scenery again but it didn't fixed it.

Maybe a bug or mad I something wrong?

Also I have the Problem that VDGS not automaticaly loads. I found out that my exe.xml will not loaded on starting the MSFS. Actually I made the workaround that i start the vdgs driver Manualy.

Rainer Brinkschulte

I noticed the same, but only when departing at the airport. When arriving the VGDS looks OK in my sim. Driver starts OK in my sim. Only need SHIFT + V to activate in sim.

• Aerosoft

I just loaded my MD82 at stand T09 and could not experience your issue:

Please login to display this image.

Which planes, settings, times do you experience this at?

1 hour ago, Jonas S. said:

I just loaded my MD82 at stand T09 and could not experience your issue:

Which planes, settings, times do you experience this at?

Had it with the FBW A320N at stand T11.

• Aerosoft

Thanks guys for your reports: Jo and I are currently in the process of looking into reproducing and tracking down the issue. Will let you know of potential progress.

• Aerosoft
vor 13 Minuten schrieb Rainer Brinkschulte:

Hi, just a quick Test, with FBW A320N and the CRJ9-900 I have the Issue. With the PMDG B737-700 not.

lg Rainer

Hi Rainer,

normally I would expect the issue to be unrelated to the loaded aircraft...maybe only by coincidence due to overall msfs load or something.

In the end "it seems" to come down to the fact that GCLP, unlike the other airports using the vdgs driver so far, is quite "mesh volatile" due to its location, so the altitudes at which certain objects are placed in relation to ground elevation are sometimes not updated correctly. Have you tried what happens, if you take the showcase (drone) camera, move several 100m away and come back to your position? Sometimes this fixes the wrong altitude placement.

Nevertheless, we are going to look into implementing an alternative way which does not rely on having the correct ground elevation.

I have tested yesterday, the drone cam view not change anything. I tried of the different airport and working correctly but not in Gran Canary. I have this issue with FBW and 737 at any gate in this airport. 

• Developer

Looks like the Text is correct, but the case will no be where it has to be(to low) in some situations. I see such issues in MSFS with simobjects sometimes, when not placed snap to ground, like we need it here. Will check this in the code.

• Developer

I try another way to place the Case, maybe that fix this issue.

- First make a Backup of the Gran Canary Package, so you can go back, if the test failed.

- The unpack the attached file to the simwings-airport-gclp-gran-canaria folder and replace the Layout.json, manifest.json in the root folder

and the GCLP_Airport.bgl in subfolder ..\scenery\sim-wings\GCLP

This fix is only for testing, not yet offical, so use only on your own risk :)

Also update the VDGS Library to minimum 1.3.0 via AerosoftONE, which is released today.

Test_Update_Gran_Canaria_1-0-1.zip

Hi 

thanks for the patch but on my side it didnt change anything. Just updated the VDGS Library to 1.3. and installed the patch. but it looks like this

tested with the FBW.

lg Rainer

• Developer

Ok, then I have no idea, what happens there. The Terminal with the holder of the case (not visable on your screen, covered by the to low placed case) is set the same way in the code, only difference it is a normal sceneryLib object.

Looks like the Sim handles them different in some conditions.

It seems the same Issu is also on the Ben Guron Airport. Test it with the FBW. Here a Screenshot:

lg Rainer

Update I just zoomed out with S and come back than it works interessting.

• Aerosoft
Am 21.5.2022 um 10:27 schrieb Rainer Brinkschulte:

It seems the same Issu is also on the Ben Guron Airport. Test it with the FBW. Here a Screenshot:

lg Rainer

Yes Rainer:

this is what I would expect...that moving the view some distance away and coming back forces the sim to reposition the object. So, as the scenery mesh has been loaded completely by then, it finally ends up at the correct altitude.

Am 21.5.2022 um 10:27 schrieb Rainer Brinkschulte:

lg Rainer

Do you have any Ship AI addons installed? I have had similar problems with the VDGS in NZAA. I know, different developer, different VDGS. Sounds unrelated, but try deactivating your ship AI. it's worth a try. For me it was GAIST v2. but Seafront addons work the same way.

• Thanks 1

Am 24.5.2022 um 20:59 schrieb Andre Blossfeld:

Do you have any Ship AI addons installed? I have had similar problems with the VDGS in NZAA. I know, different developer, different VDGS. Sounds unrelated, but try deactivating your ship AI. it's worth a try. For me it was GAIST v2. but Seafront addons work the same way.

Hi,

thanks for the Tip yes I have some Ship AIs installed. GAIST 2.0 and  from Orbix some Vessels packets.

I find out it was the "Orbix Vessel Global Shipping". After deaktivating it it works in GCLP. 

lg Rainer

• Thanks 1

FYI: I had the same behaviour with VDGS when spawning at LLBG. (with the PMDG 737 at Gate D8)

Display way down below the actual VDGS.

After a while fideling in the cockpit (preparations) and switching views from there to here, the display 'corrected itself' and was at the correct height. Didn't recognize when or why this happened.

I flew into LLBG the day before (also 737) and everything was fine.

I don't have any ship addons installed.

• Aerosoft
vor 22 Minuten schrieb RogePete:

FYI: I had the same behaviour with VDGS when spawning at LLBG. (with the PMDG 737 at Gate D8)

Display way down below the actual VDGS.

After a while fideling in the cockpit (preparations) and switching views from there to here, the display 'corrected itself' and was at the correct height. Didn't recognize when or why this happened.

I flew into LLBG the day before (also 737) and everything was fine.

I don't have any ship addons installed.

Thanks for the info...yes...it is expected it does not happen when arriving, but only when departing and "might" correct itself when switching views.

We are looking into ways on how to fix this mesh related behaviour.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
vor 6 Stunden schrieb Fiideell:

Im having the same issue at GCLP and GCTS. GCLA and EBBR are fine 😕

BTW can we change flight number somehow?

We are currently in the process of developing a different method of placing the vdgs boxes to avoid this problem in the future. So be assured an update will come in due time.

The airline and flight number can be changed via the Customization menu from the aircraft selection screen.

• 6 months later...
  • Aerosoft

As this has been resolved from our side with one of the last updates, I am closing the issue.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.