Performance Issue that makes my CRJ not flyable *VIDEO*

MythicSimPilot

Hi everyone !

First thing I want to thank Aerosoft for this product, for the few minutes I can fly with it seems great to be great aircrafts.

I'm a Sim Pilot, and I bought the four CRJs because some VAs suggest regional flights with CRJ, I usually focus one aircraft at a time but I decided to jump and learn the CRJ. Listen to a lot videos, took notes, and then start practicing.

It doesn't take 5 minutes that I start to get major Frame drops from 46-50 fps to 1 to 5. Everything starts glitching and even the sound scratches. I first thought it was my graphic card, told myself well it's time to change... Without being able to find one, I then started to test my card. It's not even at 100% load when it start glitching, my CPU is a Ryzen 5900x and it is far from being under heavy load. My test resulted that it's not a hardware ressource lack. Also everything is very smooth in the FBW A320NX, like very smooth. With any of the CRJs I get that stuttering. The longer the flight the worst it gets. I tried to make a flight from Frankfurt to Dublin yesterday and it was very painful. From belgium, it was almost constant until Dublin but I actually never got to land because it ended up freezing for good on the ILS. I did around 5-6 flights, and it's always like that. I have to land at around 5 fps.

It must be something with the Sim or with the CRJ. I tried disabling the Rolling Cache, tried many different graphic options.

See video bellow, so I did not record the Dublin flight because I was too afraid that if I launch the recorder it would freeze for good. I'm doing flights for VAs so I'm trying to complete those. The video I took show the behavior but I was on the ground after a short test flight. But it's doing the same if not even worse in flight. (BTW video is not public, you need to link in order to be able to see)

Anyone have any tips, if I'm writting in here is because I really have no other clues on how to fix it.

Specs CPU : Ryzen 9 5900x, 32gb Ram @3200mhz GPU Geforce 1080 and all NVME SSDs.

Thanks so much !

VIDEO here ->

1 hour ago, LesOReilly said:

Do you have the "your controlls" add on installed? That thing will cause major issues with this thing

Hi ! Thanks for your comment. I have it installed yes, as I do Shared Cockpit flights with a friend once a week, but everytime I flew the CRJs it was not running. My friend also have the CRJ and your controls installed and don't have the problem. We were expecting to do Shared Cockpit on CRJ very soon so I guess that may be a future issue ?

BTW nice Profile picture, I'm from Gatineau and took flight training at CYND. 🙂

42 minutes ago, MythicSimPilot said:

Hi ! Thanks for your comment. I have it installed yes, as I do Shared Cockpit flights with a friend once a week, but everytime I flew the CRJs it was not running. My friend also have the CRJ and your controls installed and don't have the problem. We were expecting to do Shared Cockpit on CRJ very soon so I guess that may be a future issue ?

BTW nice Profile picture, I'm from Gatineau and took flight training at CYND. 🙂

If you aren't actively using it, something about MSFS doesn't like the web sockets it's opening or something.  The mod is aware of it but with the main dev having stepped away, nobody can fix it.  It only happens when you aren't using it as I understand it, so if you try it with a friend it should work ok.

If you aren't using it right then, remove it from your Community folder and see if you still get the issue.  I had the same thing happen and that was my resolution.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Joe Markowski said:

If you aren't actively using it, something about MSFS doesn't like the web sockets it's opening or something.  The mod is aware of it but with the main dev having stepped away, nobody can fix it.  It only happens when you aren't using it as I understand it, so if you try it with a friend it should work ok.

If you aren't using it right then, remove it from your Community folder and see if you still get the issue.  I had the same thing happen and that was my resolution.

Hi Max, I appreciate your comment. So essentially you're suggesting that I remove the ''YourControls'' folder from the community folder whenever I am flying any of the CRJs alone. And re-add the folder whenever I want to Shared Cockpit using YourControls with the CRJs or any other aircraft ? Basicaly remove the folder it if I am not using YourControls for this flight, without ''Unistalling'' YourControls?

7 hours ago, MythicSimPilot said:

Hi Max, I appreciate your comment. So essentially you're suggesting that I remove the ''YourControls'' folder from the community folder whenever I am flying any of the CRJs alone. And re-add the folder whenever I want to Shared Cockpit using YourControls with the CRJs or any other aircraft ? Basicaly remove the folder it if I am not using YourControls for this flight, without ''Unistalling'' YourControls?

that is correct... maybe look at using Addon Linker so that you can create configurations that will move things in and out of the community for you before you boot the sim...

Yes Ottawa Flying club is where we keep our C24R.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do you have by any chance toolbar pushback add-on installed? Could you try without it installed. There have been some reports that it could cause this kind of behaviour in some cases especially if running the sim for prolonged times.

Also, does it happen in other places than Dublin?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Secondator said:

Do you have by any chance toolbar pushback add-on installed? Could you try without it installed. There have been some reports that it could cause this kind of behaviour in some cases especially if running the sim for prolonged times.

Gotcha ! Will try that, good point. I do have that addon also.

Well it's start doing it around 5-10 minutes after take off, no matter the location, I did it at Los Angeles, Scottland, Ireland and Germany so far.

I will test that very soon ! Thank you !

So from the YourControls discord, someone suggested me to try first this potential fix. https://can01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.flightsimulator.com%2Ft%2Fincrease-performances-immediatly-amazing-tested-and-aprouved%2F504551&data=05|01|alexandre.rollin%40ec.gc.ca|72ea40aabd954c55c8f208da381217fe|740c5fd36e8b41769cc9454dbe4e62c4|0|0|637883947602605014|Unknown|TWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D|3000|||&sdata=UxmL9VPM56X0UrFcIzr5%2FekH3MpUm3Fvf%2FFF936UKr8%3D&reserved=0

Essentially it ''Unlock'' the bandwith limitation for download/streams. But it did not work. See my 5fps landing here :

https://youtu.be/ihj_3FAqDu0

I will try to remove the YC folder for my next flight. If that does not work I'll remove the Pushback tool addon.

I also recommend checking your VRAM usage. Your 1080 has 8gb VRAM, and depending on your graphics settings and resolution, you could be using 100% of your VRAM, at which point system memory is utilized. This causes major stutters if you reach that point.

On 5/16/2022 at 12:15 PM, LesOReilly said:

Do you have the "your controlls" add on installed? That thing will cause major issues with this thing

7 hours ago, Secondator said:

Hi again guys,

IT'S FIXED ! Thanks SO much. I hope this tread will remain in order to help others in the future.

So I mistakenly deleted the Toolbar Push back addon. I wanted to delete it in order to replace it by the most recent version online to test, but Flightsim.to was down at that time and I forgot to download the most recent version. So I did my test flight without ''YourControls'' mod (I only removed the folder from the community folder), and without the Toolbar Pushback mod also. The flight went marvelous with a constant 40-50 fps ! Very very smooth. Thank you guys for putting me on the right track. I wish I could be able to test which one was the cause either YourControls mod or the Toolbar pushback one or both. I believe it's best practice to have none installed... Having the less addons.

Bellow is a comparison video,

Before:

https://youtu.be/ihj_3FAqDu0

After: (Please don't judge my landing, not used to do without lagging ! :))
https://youtu.be/ZNpA6VZAZnc

• Upvote 1

I would be inclined to suspect YourControls - I've had the pushback mod installed for ... well, since it arrived, I think & I've never had any noticeable improvements removing it. I think there was a wierd interaction between that & some other mod though.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Richard Dastardly said:

I would be inclined to suspect YourControls - I've had the pushback mod installed for ... well, since it arrived, I think & I've never had any noticeable improvements removing it. I think there was a wierd interaction between that & some other mod though.

Yea agreed, I had the discussion with many people on flight simming communities and yea, the pushback tool seem to be pretty stable. YC is really problematic, you need put it in the community folder only when you want to use it, otherwise you got to drag the folder out.

Had that same issue with YourControls.

If you launch a session in YourControls as Aerosoft CRJ, it should fix that thing too.

That way, you do not have to remove it from your community folder

15 hours ago, GliderPilot said:

Had that same issue with YourControls.

If you launch a session in YourControls as Aerosoft CRJ, it should fix that thing too.

That way, you do not have to remove it from your community folder

So you're saying, even in solo you could start a session and it would fix it ? Let's say it start lagging, then you start a session alone, you should be fine ?