Ability to enter FltNbr through the VDGS window

Edwardthepilot

Right now as I have understood it the VDGS system senses the entered IATA flightnbr that is set when choosing aircraft in the menu. This means that you would have to go into the menu and change that on a turnaround and then go into the VDGS menu and enter the destination IATA and TOBT.

Wouldnt it be better if you filled out all the information Including the fltnbr through the VDGS menu? Would make it way more swift and easy this way instead of having to go in in two separate menus.

• Aerosoft

Hi Edward,

thanks for the suggestion.

The only issue I am seeing is that we potentially have to get rid of the user interface all together in the future...to allow for xbox support. So...I am not sure we should extend the current ui to allow for that, although I agree a solution outside the aircraft selection's customize screen would be nice to have. So...I will keep it in my mental backlog to ponder on.

• Like 1

I think alot of more "hardcore" simmers that really care about these things are flying on networks like VATSIM for instance and we dont really care what it says in the internal simulators callsign etc. because we do not use default ATC.

And I might be wrong but overall from people I hear and see in MSFS facebook groups and other MSFS forums alot of the more "newbie" users that have not done flightsim before they would not even know what VDGS is or they would alot of the time spawn with the engines running with a flightplan made through the menu.

So my honest opinion is that the people really wanting to use VDGS as an immersive tool are not the people flying on Xbox. But again that is my personal opinion from reading alot of MSFS related stuff online. Personally I would be sad if certain things would have to be "dumbed" down just to make it usable for console players.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

Hi. I would like to refresh this request. I am an online flyer as well, so I don't use the default MSFS ATC at all, and the included flight numbers. Also since we don't have an option to change the callsign from within the simulator (only in the main menu), this makes turnarounds very problematic, because we would have to go to the main menu and restart the sim.

Please, give us an option to change the flight number in the VDGS. At least as an optional variant.

And the same goes for the destination. You can set the flight from A to B, but not from B to C, so getting rid of the UI, and using solely MSFS data, seems like a very bad design decision, until Asobo makes these things changeable from the simulator.

• Like 1