What is the logic behind spinning rate and changing ALT/HDG etc

NoelCP

For some reason I can't tell how these are programmed to accelerate value changes and find them difficult to dial in reliably.  For example when going from FL080 to FL200 I spin it nob and it's essentially erratic in that for several spins it will move incrementally then all of a sudden speed up value increases.  Anyway, if you understand how it works please let me know thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is some acceleration happening if you spin the knob with your mouse wheel which means that it will skip over some values. To get accuracy back, wait for a second or two before spinning again and it will reset the acceleration.

Usually what I do for example with altitude is that I spin it fast approximately where I want it, then I wait for 2 seconds and fine tune it exactly how I want it.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Secondator said:

There is some acceleration happening if you spin the knob with your mouse wheel which means that it will skip over some values. To get accuracy back, wait for a second or two before spinning again and it will reset the acceleration.

Usually what I do for example with altitude is that I spin it fast approximately where I want it, then I wait for 2 seconds and fine tune it exactly how I want it.

I like the acceleration overall, but one issue I have with it is that if you scroll in the opposite direction before that ~2 second window, it keeps the acceleration in the other direction. Scrolling in the opposite direction of the initial acceleration should always instantly reset the acceleration.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, molleh said:

I like the acceleration overall, but one issue I have with it is that if you scroll in the opposite direction before that ~2 second window, it keeps the acceleration in the other direction. Scrolling in the opposite direction of the initial acceleration should always instantly reset the acceleration.

Might be an MSFS thing because it happens in other planes as well.

11 hours ago, molleh said:

This is the most annoying thing about it tbh. I'm not sure if its MSFS or Aerosoft since it happens in the CJ4 (default and WorkingTitle) too. :(