VDGS Asdex mismatch

Daniel Whiteley

• Aerosoft

Hi Daniel and welcome to our forums.

Is that something that happens all the time?

What I see directly is that it does not look like you are using the most recent airport version there...the vdgs system is still the old one, so you will have to update that.

Please close the sim, go to your "Community\aerosoft-vdgs-driver" location and open up the file "aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.ini" with a text editor. In there, set "Verbose=1" and save the file. Open up the sim again, load into an VDGS supported airpoirt and bring up the ui. Finally attach the file "aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.log" created in "Community\aerosoft-vdgs-driver" here for me to take a look.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the response, I am looking in the following folder (I assume where I should be looking) but I can't find the aerosoft-vdgs-driver

C:\Users\danlo\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

• Aerosoft

Well:

I am pretty sure the marketplace airport is not yet up-to-date. So...the vdgs cannot work there at this time.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Sure Daniel! If you still discover issues once the airport has received its update there, just come back in here.

A nice evening to you as well.

• Thanks 1

I have downloaded Paderborn through Aerosoft One to try VDGS, the only issue I am having is that I have to manually load from the VDGS folder in community.  When I load into a flight Shift V doesn't work until I have done so.

• Aerosoft

Hi Daniel,

normally, AO should put in the correct auto-start definitions into that file for you, so if that did not happen, something is definitely off with the install. Nevertheless, you can try to alter and save the file as below, and see if it helps your case:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
	<Descr>Launch</Descr>
	<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
	<Disabled>False</Disabled>
	<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
	<Launch.Addon>
		<Name>Aerosoft VDGS Driver</Name>
		<Disabled>False</Disabled>
		<Path>{PATH_TO_YOUR_SIMULATOR}\Community\aerosoft-vdgs-driver\aerosoft-vdgs-driver.exe</Path>
	</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Don't forget to replace {PATH_TO_YOUR_SIMULATOR} with the actual path to your Community folder and the "aerosoft-vdgs-driver.exe".

Thank you so much, the above has now worked.  It wouldn't to begin with but then I removed the aerosoft-vdgs-driver before the aerosoft-vdgs-driver.exe and now all is working as intended.

Thank you again.

• Thanks 2

• Aerosoft

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.