Thrustmaster Captain Pack couple of issues? Require some assistance once again?

Hi,

Apologises for starting a another new topic on this again, butI'm just having few issues still that I cant resolve? I don't seem to have the issue with the throttles like I do with A330?

1) I was trying to set the Flaps / Spoliers by using the following guide, but have not been uccessful. I'm not to sure if its due to missing a couple of things within the Axis Assignbments.

I've attached the following image below whic you can see I'm missing the Assignments in P3D but have no idea why and how to rectify this?

2) My second issue involves the A330, When I advance the throttles and then return them to Idle its not going fully back into Idle as you can see from the second image.

3) I did read about setting up the Parking Brake & Landing Gear using buttons 21 but again I'm unable to ge tthis working

4) Sometimes I'm noticing the reversers sometimes keep coming up when I'm down on idle power but don't think this is a major problem

Apologises for the rather long post, but I have tried to follow the indivual guides but still haveinjg my issues and I'm not very good when it comes to mapping controls to various things within P3D.

Thanks

Jason

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

First question, please. 

In the A3xx Configurator, did you check the "TCA Sidestick" option ?

Thank you.

Hi Simware,

Thanks for your reply, I had selected both those options it says for the Quadrant, I've not put anything in the option for Sidestick as this wasn't mentioned in the two guides? Do I need to open the A3xx configurator and put a tick in the sidestick box?

The issue with A330 problem seems to be sorted that shows in the picture above.

The only thing I'm struggling with still is the below. issues with setting up still Spoilers , Flaps , Autobrake, Landing Gear & Parking Brake Also can assign the Autobrake option on the Quadrant 

3) I did read about setting up the Parking Brake & Landing Gear using buttons 21 but again I'm unable to get this working

On your Spoiler & Flaps Guide in the picture it does show Flaps Assignment Z Axis & Spoiler Assignment Rz Axis but in my picture on the setting this isn't showing anything its just blank. Is this why I'm not able to configure the Flaps & Spoiler? If so how do I rectify this?

Thanks

Jason 

• Aerosoft
8 hours ago, jay907uk said:

Do I need to open the A3xx configurator and put a tick in the sidestick box?

Hi, 

No. This could cause some conflict in the throttle and reverse management as the sidestick has 

a built-in throttle lever.

Just wanted to make sure it was not the case here.

8 hours ago, jay907uk said:

but in my picture on the setting this isn't showing anything its just blank. Is this why I'm not able to configure the Flaps & Spoiler? If so how do I rectify this?

As for the spoilers and flaps, you need to assign the axes yourself.

They won't be assigned automatically. 

Do you see what I mean ?

Thank you.

Hi,

I'm aware they aren't assigned automatically, and I presume you mean just by going into the Options > Axis assignment and then doing it that was as it shows in this guide (How to configure the TCA Flaps & Spoiler). If so this is what I've been trying to do but am unable to get it to work.

These are the the steps I've been doing:-

1) Start P3D > Goto Options - Axis Assignment > Make sure controller is set to TCA Eng 1&2

2) Select Flaps > Press New > This brings up the new box to move the flap lever so it assigns it?

I do apologies for asking for help, but I'm not very good when it comes to sorting things out like this, but am grateful for your assistance you are providing.

Many Thanks

Jason

• Aerosoft

Hi,

No problem on asking for help, that is what we are here for.

So you mean that, in the axis detection process in P3D, the flaps and spoiler  axes of the TCA are not detected ?

If so, can you please first check if the unit si correctly working at the Windows level ?

Please follow this tutorial: 

Thank you.

Hi,

I've followed those instructions and used a different computer, but unable to use a different USB Cable. Again able to move the Throttles , Engine Staret Buttons and Engine Mode selector but nothing showed up whilst moving Spolier & Flap Lever. This was the results on the other computer and they seemed to stay the same when restarting.

X Axis - 49060 > 65535

Y Axis - 49683 > 65535

Z Axis - ?????? > 65535

When I load up P3D and go into Options>Axis Assignment for EngineThrottles show 127 for the Sensitivity. I have enclosed some more pics showing some things nd also showing the Calibration Info for the Quadrant & A320 joystick not sure if it helps?

Is it worth me pressing Reset Defaults for both the Quadrant & joystick for both Key Assignments & Axis Assignments?

Thanks

Jason

• Aerosoft

Hi Jason,

Do you mean the red bars in the Windows Calibration utility move for the throttles but NOT for the flaps and spoilers ?

If this is indeed what happens, please check the two following points

1 - Check that the two SATA cable underneath the unit are connected 
2 - On the front side of the unit, there is a small dip-switch showing "ENG 1&2  3&4"
      ->Please disconnect the unit, set the switch to 3&4 and try again.

Best regards.

Hi,

Yes only the throttles move.

Where you say disconnect the unit, do you just mean take out the usb cable change the switch and then plug the usb cable back in? 

Thanks

Jason

Hi,

I've swapped that switch over to 3&4,but not sure what you wanted me to do next? Again there is nothing showing in the Axis Assignments for Spoilers or Flaps.

I really don't know what's causing this because no-one else seems to have problems like this? Have you any idea what the issue could be?

Jason

• Aerosoft

Hi,

- Did you check the response in the Windows Peripheral utility ?

- Are the two SATA cables linking the flaps and Spoiler modules

to the throttle unit correctly connected ?

Thank you.

Hi,

Just to give you an update, that I've managed to get it sorted and all seems working fine.

My brother found a post on YouTube which said about those SATA cables which I didn't realise what they where for or hadn't seen any instructions on connecting those. Once I'd connected those the Flaps & Spoilers worked.

One other question when using the Throttle Quadrant for 4 engines aircraft, I just set up ENG 3 & 4 Axis don't I ? 

And would there be anything else I'd need to do with regards to this?

I am very grateful for your assistance and continued messages you sent to help me solve the problem. 

Many Thanks

Jason

• Aerosoft

Hi, 

Glad it is solved.

With the identifier 3 & 4, you can setup the engines you want. 

"3 & 4" is only an identifier to distinguish the throttle block

when you use two of them.

Best regards.

Hi

when you use two of them."

I don't quite understand what you mean from the above? Do I need to change around the SATA cables from where the where before in the previous one or do they stay as they are? Onlt because there is the SATA cables thing showing so I'm not sure what I do with then with having both? 

• Aerosoft
13 minutes ago, jay907uk said:

when you use two of them."

Dear Jason,

It means that if you are using two throttle modules, for a 747 for instance or an A340, you need to set one module

to 1 & 2 and the other to 3 & 4.
They ill the appear separately in the Controler options in the simulator.

The SATA cable must stay as they are.

Best regards.

Hiya,

So regarding the SATA cable, I have the following

ENG 1 & 2 SATA cable connected to Spoiler

ENG 3 & 4 SATA cable connected to Flap lever

As I can't put them back to how they where previously due to having the two quadrants? I can take a picture and send if it is easier??

I did notice they appear separate in the controller options, I just need to bind the throttle axis to 3 & 4 which I presume I do this by going onto 3&4 option and setting the throttle axis? I then don't need to do anything else.

I really do appreciate your help that you have provided to me for this 

Many Thanks

Jason

Hiya,

I've enclosed the pictures showing where the SATA cables are positioned know, since I've connected up ENG 3&4 quadrant up. 

IMG_6450 is the ENG 1&2 

IMG_6451 is the ENG 3&4

Thanks

Jason

• Aerosoft

This is perfect.

The cables are indeed correctly installed. 

And yes, if you use two throttle block, you have to

set the first to 1&2 and the second to 3&4.

They will appear as such in the simulator and will be assignable separately. 

Best regards.