EGHC - Lands End Regional Airport

expire

Hi

I am using Aerosoft's EGHC for the first time and the aprons and terminal buildings are as though they have been built on a roller coaster - it is as thought the 'terrain function' has not been disabled (if that makes sense).  The runways are fine and gently follow the terrain.

I loaded EGHC directly from the Steam FS2020 Market Place.  Any thoughts?

Best regards   Mike Reardon

PS - Perranporth Airfield (EGTP) which I installed at the same time is absolutely fine.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, expire said:

I have just tried that and rebooted the computer - but no change I'm afraid.

Mike

I've just double-checked this on my end, and it's appearing fine on my side, so it sounds like you might need to clear your scenery index cache. To do this, delete all the files ending in ".DAT" in the following locations folder depending on your installation method:

Microsoft Store/Xbox App:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\

Steam:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SceneryIndexes\

Failing that works, do you have any other addons installed in the vicinity of this airport?

Hi Tom

I have removed all my addons (2 liveries and Isles of Scilly Airport) from the community folder and deleted the Steam scenery indexes with no success I'm afraid.  I have revisited the rolling cache and deleted that again.

It seems strange that the Aerosoft Perrenporth airport (and everything else) seems to look okay - with no hills on the apron. 

Do you think that removing and reinstalling might be a solution?

Anyway - that's enough for today.  Enjoy your weekend.

Mike

Please login to display this image.

• Administrator

That's very odd - Especially considering the steps you've already taken.  I would indeed recommend reinstalling the airport. Also, I'd recommend toggling bing data from on -> off -> on just in case this fixes it (General Options -> Data).

If neither of the above fix the issue, please drop me a ticket at https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/portal/en/newticket, and I'll be happy to help you further with this as we'll likely need to do some further debugging.

Thanks Tom - can you give me heads up on how to uninstall and reinstall the airfield please?

Should I download the file again (and is that even possible now that I have made a first download?)

(I did try switching the Bing data on and off during my experiments - but no effect).

Thanks for all of your help - I will brace myself to send a ticket.

Kind regards  Mike

Hi,

I just purchased this airport through the marketplace and have the same issue.  I don't have a rolling cache set and have tried uninstalling and re-installing the airport to no effect.

Thanks
Owen

• Administrator

Hi @expire& @BlueMustang41,

How odd! In that case, this might be something isolated to the current marketplace version which I wasn't able to test. Could you both drop me a ticket at the above link, so we can provide an alternative installation method to see if that is indeed the issue? Unfortunately, I can't provide this over the forum.

I've just fired MSFS back up again and went to EGHC Land's End and comparing it to the screenshots from the product page, it appears that everything is fine again.  This is the original file I downloaded from Marketplace.

Owen

• Thanks 2

Hi Owen - this is most odd.

Can you tell me, how does one uninstall and reinstall the airfield file?  Is it simply a matter of removing the 'aerosoft-airfield-eghc-landsend' folder from the    ....\Packages\Official\steam  directory (and keeping it somewhere safe)?  Is reinstalling it airfield simply a matter of dropping the file back in again?

Many thanks

Mike

• Administrator
On 5/14/2022 at 3:14 PM, expire said:

Wilco Tom.

Mike

Thanks, I'll get back to you shortly regarding this!

On 5/15/2022 at 8:29 AM, expire said:

Hi Owen - this is most odd.

Can you tell me, how does one uninstall and reinstall the airfield file?  Is it simply a matter of removing the 'aerosoft-airfield-eghc-landsend' folder from the    ....\Packages\Official\steam  directory (and keeping it somewhere safe)?  Is reinstalling it airfield simply a matter of dropping the file back in again?

Many thanks

Mike

You can indeed reinstall through the in-sim content manager, since you purchased the product via the in-game marketplace.