Is Simbrief import directly in FMS planed?

Ha_Ma

I know that it works in the FBW A32nx, also it works very well in JustFlight's BAe-146.

In combination with this both upside called planes have a function "Sync with Sim". This means that you can load a flightplan directly from Simbrief in the FMS's of these planes, without opening them in the Sim's worldmap, and then they are syncted with the Sim so the ATC is functional with them.

So i like to ask if these feature are planed for the CRJ, too? 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on how you define "directly".  

I just counted today and I use the same amount of clicks +/- 1 to get a flight plan into the CRJ, the PMDG, and the Fenix.  Now, I have the SimBrief downloader working the way it should.  When I hit generate OFP it automatically sends my flight and weather information to all of my planes. 

Once in the CRJ, I type in ABCDWXYZ and enter that in the FMC and the FMC populates my flight plane

In the PMDG, I load in fuel and payload numbers in the FMC and then click, Request flight plan or something like that, then Load

In the Fenix, I have to click Load Simbrief on the EFB, then initialize the flight hit load aircraft.....blah blah blah.....

You get the picture, and the same is true of the FBW and Maddog and it is true in real life and I am sure it is the same in the BAE

They are all different because

1. Different developers

2. Different airplanes

3. Different systems

4. Varying degrees of automation available on different aircraft

Some airlines, even though equipped with ACARS, require that all FMC route data be input by the pilots.  

Enjoy the differences between your aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Depends on how you define "directly".  

I just counted today and I use the same amount of clicks +/- 1 to get a flight plan into the CRJ, the PMDG, and the Fenix.  Now, I have the SimBrief downloader working the way it should.  When I hit generate OFP it automatically sends my flight and weather information to all of my planes. 

Once in the CRJ, I type in ABCDWXYZ and enter that in the FMC and the FMC populates my flight plane

In the PMDG, I load in fuel and payload numbers in the FMC and then click, Request flight plan or something like that, then Load

In the Fenix, I have to click Load Simbrief on the EFB, then initialize the flight hit load aircraft.....blah blah blah.....

You get the picture, and the same is true of the FBW and Maddog and it is true in real life and I am sure it is the same in the BAE

They are all different because

1. Different developers

2. Different airplanes

3. Different systems

4. Varying degrees of automation available on different aircraft

Some airlines, even though equipped with ACARS, require that all FMC route data be input by the pilots.  

I like typing in the route into the FMS, however the ability to populate the weights from importing a SimBrief file would be a nice quality of life feature. Not in the FMS, just the EFB/the plane itself.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Joe Markowski said:

I like typing in the route into the FMS, however the ability to populate the weights from importing a SimBrief file would be a nice quality of life feature. Not in the FMS, just the EFB/the plane itself.

Yea, that is cool.  I did it a couple of times with the PMDG but I now I just put in the amount of fuel and the ZFW figure and let the plane populate.  Once that is done, the FMC "downloads" performance figures.  It's basically the same as using the EFB to do it in the CRJ and then sending the info to the FMC.  

Am 22.5.2022 um 00:32 schrieb Crabby:

I really do, you can be sure ;)

I allways generate my flightplans with Simbrief. The advantage in the BAe for me is, that i do not need to save/download/export the flightplan anywhere. I go in the FMC, klick on Route Menu and klick on Simbrief. Then the FMC loads the actual flightplan.

This is very comfortable and i have not loads of flightplans anywhere on my system.

But the more important for me is the "Sync"-function. As i said this synchronysis the flightplan with the Sim, so the ATC works with this.

13 hours ago, Ha_Ma said:

I really do, you can be sure ;)

I allways generate my flightplans with Simbrief. The advantage in the BAe for me is, that i do not need to save/download/export the flightplan anywhere. I go in the FMC, klick on Route Menu and klick on Simbrief. Then the FMC loads the actual flightplan.

This is very comfortable and i have not loads of flightplans anywhere on my system.

But the more important for me is the "Sync"-function. As i said this synchronysis the flightplan with the Sim, so the ATC works with this.

Unsure, I have never used the in sim ATC.  I fly exclusively on VATSIM.  I was not even aware that synching, as described, was a thing.  

• Upvote 2