Bad behaviour of Rudder an Brake Pedals

Ha_Ma

Before anybody will ask: My Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder Axis are all well calibrated. The swing of all three axis are very smooth from 0 to 100% in the Sim options, as well as in Axis and Ohs. It makes no difference if i use Axis and Ohs or the Standard profile of the Sim. I see the following only in the CRJ, all other planes i tested do not show this.

When i push one brake pedal, no matter if left or right, this one reacts normal in the CRJ too. But the other side moves down slowly as well and it rests in the pushed position even when i release the hardware pedal. Do i push the pedal of the side that rests in the Sim in pushed position just for a little swing, then this pedal in the Sim jumps back to the position of the hardware pedal and then the other side in the Sim moves slowly down.

Also during this process the rudder pedals in the Sim move a bit left and right, but not smooth it is in little, nervous steps.

I am not sure if this is only optical failure, or if the brakes of the CRJ react on this. But i guess the brakes react to hard on small pedal movement and are not easy to dispense.

• Aerosoft
47 minutes ago, Ha_Ma said:

Before anybody will ask: My Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder Axis are all well calibrated. The swing of all three axis are very smooth from 0 to 100% in the Sim options, as well as in Axis and Ohs. It makes no difference if i use Axis and Ohs or the Standard profile of the Sim. I see the following only in the CRJ, all other planes i tested do not show this.

When i push one brake pedal, no matter if left or right, this one reacts normal in the CRJ too. But the other side moves down slowly as well and it rests in the pushed position even when i release the hardware pedal. Do i push the pedal of the side that rests in the Sim in pushed position just for a little swing, then this pedal in the Sim jumps back to the position of the hardware pedal and then the other side in the Sim moves slowly down.

Also during this process the rudder pedals in the Sim move a bit left and right, but not smooth it is in little, nervous steps.

I am not sure if this is only optical failure, or if the brakes of the CRJ react on this. But i guess the brakes react to hard on small pedal movement and are not easy to dispense.

Hi,

I may have the same behavior.
Can you see the same as I have below ?

Thank you.

• Like 1

Yes, that's exactly what i mean. Only that my Rudder Axis is in the center position and jumps a bit forth and back when i press one of the brake pedals.

• Aerosoft
21 minutes ago, Ha_Ma said:

Yes, that's exactly what i mean. Only that my Rudder Axis is in the center position and jumps a bit forth and back when i press one of the brake pedals.

Hi, 

Ok. Never noticed it before.

I will investigate and will come back to you

when I get something.

Thanks.

• Thanks 3

In a new flight today i realizerd that the wrong behaviour does not exist when the plane is airborne. When in parking position it showed up again. I did not check if it is there whilst taxiing. But in cruise flight i checked it and there the pedals react as they should.

• Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
10 minutes ago, Ha_Ma said:

In a new flight today i realizerd that the wrong behaviour does not exist when the plane is airborne. When in parking position it showed up again. I did not check if it is there whilst taxiing. But in cruise flight i checked it and there the pedals react as they should.

Thanks for that info.

I will make some tests this weekend. 

• Thanks 1

Another update from me: Yesterday i bought the JustFlight BAe-146. This machine shows the same behaviour with the brake pedals at the Gate. While taxiing the pedals work correctly. I will check if this is with the CRJ as well.

• Thanks 2

And a new update: Soon as the CRJ begins to roll, the behaviour of the pedals is normal, as it should.

So this seems to be a minor bug, maybe only optical and it seems not to affect the braking performance of the plane while rolling.

• Thanks 1

• Aerosoft

Small finding, it happens on the ground only indeed, but the park brake must be set.
When released, the behavior is normal.
Looking further.

• Aerosoft
On 5/8/2022 at 9:48 AM, Ha_Ma said:

Another update from me: Yesterday i bought the JustFlight BAe-146. This machine shows the same behaviour with the brake pedals at the Gate. While taxiing the pedals work correctly. I will check if this is with the CRJ as well.

Tested it with the Asobo A320 : Same as with CRJ and BAe-146.
Apparently this behavior is at the simulator level.
However, this seems definitely to be visual only as it seems to have no effect on the actual aircraft course at all.

It seems like planes react different here. In the CRJ i can see it even when the parking brake is released, but the plane standing still. In the Cessna 414 i.e. i can not see it even when the parking brake ist set.

• Thanks 1