CTD when loading twin otter after SU9

When I select the twin otter it causes my sim to CTD when I load the flight. Does it with no other aircraft. I have the Twin Otter up to date. Was purchased in the sim market place.

Hi Otto thanks for your reply. On the event viewer it was showing me an Event 1000 error when I tried to load the Twin Otter. I hope that is of some help.

Paul  Hodgins

Hi Otto thanks for your reply. On the event viewer it was showing me an Event 1000 error when I tried to load the Twin Otter. I hope that is of some help.

Paul  Hodgins

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.25.7.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.25.7.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000002c72502
Faulting process ID: 0x28a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d85c594b5fa323
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: 48164dc3-22bf-444f-9352-c57870378503
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I managed to find this on event viewer

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks, problem is that the error 1000 can be everything, damaged system files, damaged/oudated drivers, damaged/outdated .NET files .....

And the entry in the Windows Eventviewer also doesnt give any further hint. It can also be another conficting add-on.

What you can try (assuming that you bough the Twotter directly from Aerosoft): Move everything out of the community folder, then restart MSFS. If it starts, add the add-ons again, one by one and restart MSFS after adding each add-on.

Well I bought the otter through the market place in the sim. The sim runs in safe maode. The sim runs fine with all other add-ons including 3rd party planes and sceneries. It only crashes when I try to load the twin otter. Do I delete the otter and re-install?

I'm very disappointed that there is no answer really to this issue. There is nothing that crashes the sim in my computer except the twin otter. I have to therefore presume that there is a problem with the twin otter. I paid for this aircraft. It now doesn't work. I probably will not buy any other products from aerosoft again as a result of this for fear that they will also stop working.

• Like 1

I don't have any mods or addons for the Otter. I have removed and re-installed it through the sim and it still crashes the sim when loading.

As I said earlier it has been fine prior to the update. I will now remove it permanently and kiss goodbye the money I spent on it. 

I will not purchase any further products from aerosoft nor make any purchases through the market place as I am now not confident that my money will not be wasted. What a shame. 

I do intend to share my experience with Asosbo and to inform the sim community of my experience. Perhaps some-one else has had a similar experience and can offer me a solution.

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

You are disappointed that you didnt get a response during the weekend and now start ranting?

1. Aerosoft staff is not working 7/24; only volunteers like me and others are online at that time and try to help. And sorry, but I felt so free to take some days off.

2. You posted in the „No support“ section and therefore support stuff did not see your post.

So please, next time think about what and where you are posing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...