Can't get the VDGS to work with Brussels

Abriael

• Aerosoft
Am 25.4.2022 um 21:11 schrieb ollie.j:

Hi Ben - we're making progress. I can't explain the Desktop link, other than there being an older copy of the module folder there from when I was troubleshooting initially. I deleted it just in case - can confirm everything is now ONLY in the Community folder.

Ollie,

can you also try and see if it helps your case to explicitly exclude the aerosoft-vdgs-driver.exe from any AntiVirus software like Windows Defender or Norton? And double check that the aerosoft-vdgs-driver.exe as well as MSFS itself are actually started with administator rights, so that all roadblocks which might prevent a successful and complete auto-start are moved out of the way.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Thanks for that valuable information. Highly appreciated. So...you are saying that is now works reliably for you, everytime you start the sim?

I also use Win10 defender, but don't have to do it....but who knows what those bits and bytes are doing in the background anyways 🙂 .

Maybe the others experiencing this problem can chime in, if adding the aerosoft-vdgs-driver.exe to their AntiVirus excludes helps letting MSFS autostart it.

Yes, at least in my case it starts up on its own each time I launch MSFS, as child process as pointed out in the 2nd screenshot above; no need to have it preset to "Run as admin".

17 minutes ago, AndyM001 said:

Okay, I've found that if I run MSFS as 'Admin', the VDGS does auto load with MSFS, so will be doing that in future. Obviously something in my settings somewhere preventing the exe.xml from running.

Hence my best guess is that some other background process (suspected are usually the infamous AV/firewall/security suites) prevents MSFS child processes from starting without elevated admin privileges.

Besides that I recall that Chaseplane on P3D needs the same eclusion as well against the intrusive Defender, very common these security tools silently and unexpectedly stop even harmless programs (unless manually launched in advance).

But if it works for you that way it's ok, good flights everybody!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 4:21 PM, BenBaron said:

Ollie,

can you also try and see if it helps your case to explicitly exclude the aerosoft-vdgs-driver.exe from any AntiVirus software like Windows Defender or Norton? And double check that the aerosoft-vdgs-driver.exe as well as MSFS itself are actually started with administator rights, so that all roadblocks which might prevent a successful and complete auto-start are moved out of the way.

Hi Ben,

Sorry for the delay. I tried this and it didn't help. Still having to load into an airport, run the driver manually and restart the flight. Doing it this way doesn't both me much at all. Takes an additional 30seconds out of a full 5+ minute load cycle, so as long as I remember to restart first, it's all good!! I just check the VDGS window appears before spending time setting up for a flight.

Any idea when VDGS will work with other Aerosoft airports?

Thanks,

Ollie

• Aerosoft

Hi Ollie,

thanks for the heads-up.

Glad you have found a work-around, for now. One of the medium time frame goals will be to get rid of the potentially error-prone autostart mechanism all together by refactoring the vdgs-driver into a was-module, which will be run by MSFS directly. Which will also allow us to potentially bring it onto X-BOX.

Regarding the other supported airports (so far our EDDK, EDLP and ENVA): resources have been kinda bound by the Aero Expo where we were present. Now that this is over, while I don't know any specific dates, I am not expecting any huge delays. Would be surprised if it was more then week(s) ;).

9 hours ago, ollie.j said:

Hi Ben,

Sorry for the delay. I tried this and it didn't help. Still having to load into an airport, run the driver manually and restart the flight. Doing it this way doesn't both me much at all. Takes an additional 30seconds out of a full 5+ minute load cycle, so as long as I remember to restart first, it's all good!! I just check the VDGS window appears before spending time setting up for a flight.

Thanks,

Ollie

Have you tried running MSFS as 'ADMIN'? I had the same issue as you, but now works if I run the sim as admin.

On 5/8/2022 at 8:32 PM, AndyM001 said:

Have you tried running MSFS as 'ADMIN'? I had the same issue as you, but now works if I run the sim as admin.

Yeh, tried that and doesn’t appear to help. 

On 5/8/2022 at 11:03 AM, ollie.j said:

Hi Ben,

Thanks,

Ollie

I'm having the same issue. Just installed this for EDDK and it wasn't loading. Restarting the flight fixed it. Thanks for the workaround

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys ,

Had the same Issue and already gave up, now i found this Thread ( thank god ) and this workaround also works now for me..

So many thanks for this workaround !!!!!!

To Aerosoft: Any chance we get this fixed so it does work the normal way ?

cheers

• Aerosoft
vor 7 Stunden schrieb Mario Görs:

Hi guys ,

Had the same Issue and already gave up, now i found this Thread ( thank god ) and this workaround also works now for me..

So many thanks for this workaround !!!!!!

To Aerosoft: Any chance we get this fixed so it does work the normal way ?

cheers

Hi Mario:

if you are running on the MS Store version of the simulator, the problem is not specific to the vdgs-driver, but to any program to be started via the exe.xml. So here we are relying on working with Asobo to get the problem of the applications not starting automatically fixed.

But at least the next version 1.2, which is due to be released shortly, does not need to see a complete loading cycle anymore in order to start working, meaning you can start it manually whenever you like without having to go back into the menu first.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb BenBaron:

Hi Mario:

if you are running on the MS Store version of the simulator, the problem is not specific to the vdgs-driver, but to any program to be started via the exe.xml. So here we are relying on working with Asobo to get the problem of the applications not starting automatically fixed.

But at least the next version 1.2, which is due to be released shortly, does not need to see a complete loading cycle anymore in order to start working, meaning you can start it manually whenever you like without having to go back into the menu first.

OK, that sounds good to me, the fact that you don't have to restart the flight is a big help/improve, thanks guys hope you can sort the other thing/issue out with Asobos help.

I am on MS Store Version and have a second entry within the exe file from Fenix A320. 

cheers

• 6 months later...
  • Aerosoft

Hi guys,

with SU11 the exe.xml issue for Microsoft Store MSFS should have been solved by Asobo. If this is not the case for you, please report back in here with details, as otherwise I am going to close this, soonish. So far, nice holidays to everyone.

• 7 months later...