Can't get the VDGS to work with Brussels

Abriael

I have been trying to get the VDGS menu to pop up all day, but didn't manage so far. I tried with the default left-shift+V or changing the keybind and several different gates at Brussels, and made sure the program is listed in the exe.xml. No go so far. Any insight?

• Developer

Hi, can you open up the aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.ini file found in the "aerosoft-vdgs-driver" folder and set Verbose=1
Restart the sim and try to open up the UI once a flight is loaded, then attach the aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.log file here? That could point us towards what's wrong.

So, I actually managed to launch it. The problems seem to be in the fact that Avast antivirus blocks it. The only way to make it work is to disable the antivirus shields when it launches. Adding an exception is not enough. 

Avast really appears not to like Aerosoft's programs for some reason. While the new Aerosoft One doesn't have this issue, AVAST also used to block the old updater, with the same requirement to disable the shields to make it work. 

3 minutes ago, Bastian B. said:

Yes i am sure.

Is this Massage normal? two times?

Please login to display this image.

Check that you don't have multiple entries of the program in your exe.xml. at some point I had 3 and had to remove 2. 

• Upvote 1

is this helpful?

============================INIT============================
                   20.04.2022 | 20:59:54
============================================================
----TIME----|----SENDER----|----ERRORMSG----
20:59:54 | SimCon | FAIL
----------------------------------------------
----TIME----|----SENDER----|----ERRORMSG----
20:59:54 | SimCon | Initialization to the line FAIL
----------------------------------------------
===========================DE-INIT==========================
                   20.04.2022 | 20:59:56
============================================================

3 minutes ago, Bastian B. said:

where can i find the exe.xml ?

it's in the C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache folder if you have the Microsoft Store version.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

IMHO all this is way to complicated.

Not that I'm not able to understand the procedure.

But do I want another external programm to start with my MSFS (just for parking)?

Another addon fumbling (and breaking) the exe.xml (which was a stupid idea by Asobo in the first place)?

Another setting I have to do before starting my flight?

This may sound much harsher than I mean it. I know the possibilities still are limited in MSFS. And devs have to work with what is in the SDK (and what's not). I just think I won't use the Aerosoft version of VDGS right now. There has to be a way to make things easier / more automated.

• Aerosoft
vor 24 Minuten schrieb RogePete:

IMHO all this is way to complicated.

Not that I'm not able to understand the procedure.

But do I want another external programm to start with my MSFS (just for parking)?

Another addon fumbling (and breaking) the exe.xml (which was a stupid idea by Asobo in the first place)?

Another setting I have to do before starting my flight?

This may sound much harsher than I mean it. I know the possibilities still are limited in MSFS. And devs have to work with what is in the SDK (and what's not). I just think I won't use the Aerosoft version of VDGS right now. There has to be a way to make things easier / more automated.

Hi,

we have to work with what is there and try to get the most out of it. And surely you can decide, whether you like it, or not :-).

On a sidenote: one of the next steps will be to see if we can get the vdgs-driver refactored as wasm, meaning it can run inside the sim. But in that approach there are also limitations that we have to figure our ways around. So...in the end, its all trade-offs.

• Like 3

I'm getting no UI but the exe is running in the background. 

Windows 11 (which might be the issue?). Killing the exe and running as administrator/non administrator/compatibility mode doesn't seems to bring up the UI

Attaching the logs

Thanks,

Amos

aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.log

• Aerosoft
vor 26 Minuten schrieb ageva:

I'm getting no UI but the exe is running in the background. 

Windows 11 (which might be the issue?). Killing the exe and running as administrator/non administrator/compatibility mode doesn't seems to bring up the UI

Attaching the logs

Thanks,

Amos

aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.log 3 kB · 2 Downloads

Hi Amos,

just to be sure: you are spawned into Brussels airport while you try to bring up the ui? In your log file for some reason there is some initialization missing which should happen once you load into scenery. This would also explain, why you cannot bring up the ui. Don't know why that would be though, yet.

47 minutes ago, ollie.j said:

I have the same issues. I had it working one time (after multiple attempts). I've re-installed everything again and can't get it to work at all. Please help. My log is just blank as if it isn't even loading.

aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.log 166 B · 1 download

I turned on the logging so now I have things in my log. VDGS module still doesn't work at all... but at least something is being written. Help please

aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.log

2 hours ago, ollie.j said:

I turned on the logging so now I have things in my log. VDGS module still doesn't work at all... but at least something is being written. Help please

aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.log 3.79 kB · 1 download

So, I've tried uninstalling the 3 dependency files, restarting the PC, restoring my PC to pre-20th April, try loading via Xbox, try loading the normal MSFS.exe. The vdgs program doesn't appear in my task manger processes unless I double click aerosoft-vdgs-driver.exe. I've tried setting a different shortcut (followed by restarting sim, etc.) This isn't a great start Aerosoft... how do I fix this? Since reinstalling, my logs are blank - it's like the software never even tries to do anything (or knows it's being asked to do something)... I've tried uninstalling my firewall and antivirus and checking Windows is allowing the aerosoft-vdgs-driver.exe. HELP!

• Aerosoft
vor 10 Stunden schrieb ollie.j:

So, I've tried uninstalling the 3 dependency files, restarting the PC, restoring my PC to pre-20th April, try loading via Xbox, try loading the normal MSFS.exe. The vdgs program doesn't appear in my task manger processes unless I double click aerosoft-vdgs-driver.exe. I've tried setting a different shortcut (followed by restarting sim, etc.) This isn't a great start Aerosoft... how do I fix this? Since reinstalling, my logs are blank - it's like the software never even tries to do anything (or knows it's being asked to do something)... I've tried uninstalling my firewall and antivirus and checking Windows is allowing the aerosoft-vdgs-driver.exe. HELP!

Hi Ollie,

sorry for the problems you are experiencing, but we need to do the problem solving a more orderly fashion in order to really find out what is going on: 

On the one hand you say, that the "vdgs program doesn't appear in [your] task manger processes". This indicates, that the autostart might not be properly setup on your system and as the application is not meant to be started manually, this might already be indicative of a deeper problem. So please attach your "exe.xml" file from "C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator" to this thread for me to review.

Then, in the log you provided there is the line "20:24:33 | The simulator has shutdown unexpectedly", which to me looks like your simulator "might" have crashed...at least during that one run? At least the vdgs driver could not find your "Flightsimulator.exe" was running any more and decided it was best to just quit.