EBBR VDGS & AI

cbc

Does the VDGS system work with approaching AI such as simple traffic or AIG models or is it restricted to the user aircraft only and requires activation using the app menus? 

• Aerosoft

Hi,

no...the approach we have developed and which allows us to freely place and display any text we like on the vdgs is limited to the user aircraft, for now.

Ok thanks. For me that seems rather limited in terms of realism, I like to see a VDGS system working with all aircraft including approaching AI so I hope you can find a way to include that function at some stage. AI brings an airport to life after all.

• Aerosoft

To be honest and while I understand your sentiment: if it comes to the trade-off of having either a vdgs for the user that is as close to real life as possible vs one that is more limited but also works for AI traffic, for us the direction is pretty clear. The system we have developed allows for full control of how we want to display things for the user aircraft and there are already many plans how to expand on that. But all this is based on the above-mentioned trade-off.

Long story short: nobody knows what might come in the future, but in the short to medium term, this is not a priority.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Aerosoft
23 hours ago, cbc said:

Ok thanks. For me that seems rather limited in terms of realism, I like to see a VDGS system working with all aircraft including approaching AI so I hope you can find a way to include that function at some stage. AI brings an airport to life after all.

To be honest, I have never taxied around looking at the VDGS systems for other aircraft.  

• Like 2

I often watch aircraft arriving and departing at an airport after I finish a flight and I know other people do too. Its virtual plane spotting. Watching a well designed airport working in a flight simulator can be quite entertaining Mathijs.

BenBaron. I understand. I think you will find though that some will struggle with the menu system versus a system that triggers on approach, for arrivals.

Thanks for replying though guys. We may have differing opinions on VDGS but the airport is still a work of art.

• Aerosoft

Thanks for your valuable input, cbc. Like we said, the system will be continually improved going forward. One thing I am going to look into will be getting rid of the menu system and having a more automatic activation. But with the approach we are using this requires a lot of consideration to get it right as performance friendly as possible.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Upvote 1