What’s going on?

On 7/13/2022 at 11:49 AM, Dopster198 said:

This A330 will have to be spectacular in every way for me to even consider looking at it, and even then not without waiting at least a month or six .... (or as we say in Dutch "we kijken de kat eerst maar es uit de boom"). And I will recommend anyone else to do the same!

I largely agree.

The Twin Otter is a much-loved aircraft, but the Aerosoft example is the only one available in MSFS, and I'm sure that accounts for a high percentage of the sales figures. People have tolerated the sound issues because no other Twin Otter is available.

The problem lies in the future, when (if) the A330 goes on sale in the more crowded 'tubeliner' market. There'll be the perception that if the Twotter wasn't fully fixed, neither will the A330, and the many alternatives from other developers/publishers will become more attractive. It's a matter of overall perception - for instance, in recent months I've seen a lot of praise for Just Flight, and how they've constantly updated their products in response to customer feedback. When an aircraft is in development, and people start saying "It'll be good - Just Flight are doing it" then JF have gained an enviable reputation.

The problem is that while enviable reputations take a long time to establish, they can be damaged very quickly. I'm a long-time customer of Aerosoft, and enjoyed many of their aircraft in FSX and P3D, including the earlier Twotters. It is genuinely disappointing that after all the effort expended on the MSFS Twotter, the final 'big fix' might not now be implemented. And that alters my own overall impression - if Aerosoft were to release MSFS versions of the Catalina and Bronco, I'd be more hesitant about buying them than before. I mean no ill will towards Aerosoft, but this is the most obvious natural reaction.

• Like 5

Also checked in to these forums to see if there was ANY update, as the Twotter is collecting dust as of now.

*Soundpack? Still same level of sound if you're 2m or 200km away(drone) ++.

*Gtn750 integration? Pms&tds - 'every' AC have that these days😉

*FM?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reading that Aerosoft is having difficulty finding a DHC-6 operator in Europe who is willing to do all that's required to obtain a full sound set. It is also true that there aren't that many Twotter operators in Europe anyway. Here in the cosy world of simulated aviation, such real-world factors are not always fully appreciated, and I am as guilty as anyone. It must be a bit of a headache.

So then...what about the sounds from previous Twotters for FSX, P3D and the like ? Turbine Sound Studios do an excellent sound set - is it not possible to obtain a licence and incorporate it into the Aerosoft Otter ?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Paul K said:

I'm reading that Aerosoft is having difficulty finding a DHC-6 operator in Europe who is willing to do all that's required to obtain a full sound set. It is also true that there aren't that many Twotter operators in Europe anyway. Here in the cosy world of simulated aviation, such real-world factors are not always fully appreciated, and I am as guilty as anyone. It must be a bit of a headache.

So then...what about the sounds from previous Twotters for FSX, P3D and the like ? Turbine Sound Studios do an excellent sound set - is it not possible to obtain a licence and incorporate it into the Aerosoft Otter ?

I agree. I think that there are enough sound files. I use the sound pack from FTSim+ (https://www.patreon.com/posts/dhc-6-sm-fs2020-62111732) which is not perfect but much better than the default. Surely they could come to some arrangement with these other vendors to use the sound set. Of course, it is important that the sounds be properly incorporated.

John.

• Like 2

• Aerosoft
On 7/31/2022 at 3:21 PM, Paul K said:

What we use in our project IS the TurbineSound set. We licensed that. If you read back a bit you will find that while it works well in P3D, it simply does not contain all the data needed for a complete MSFS sound set.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

What we use in our project IS the TurbineSound set. We licensed that. If you read back a bit you will find that while it works well in P3D, it simply does not contain all the data needed for a complete MSFS sound set.

Thanks for enlightening me, Mathijs  - I didn't know, and I suspect quite a number of others don't know either, particularly over at Avsim where the vitriol is unbearable.

All the best.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2022 at 8:50 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

@Mathijs Kok I'm confused - in a other Thread you wrote:
Posted June 2
Until we can do a new sound recording no updates are scheduled. 

In this thread you wrote:

Posted April 19

The last update does already included most of the refinements of the prop model but until we get full control over the pitch there is not a lot more that's possible. When new features become available we will always see if they are important enough to warrant a new version.

A few tweaks are being worked on but we simply have not found an opportunity to record new sounds.

In the first quote, you are talking from a soundset of P3D - yes, quite nice, but you know it is MSFS.... I am sure, it is important enough to warrant a new version. You sold a soundset not compatible with MSFS and now all updates (flight model + prop simulation + Soundset) is postponed because of the sound recording, what is in unknown status?

Quite sad. It is a good plane, the twin otter (and its customers) deserve a good sound and flight model.

Other third party developer achieved better prop simulations. So, It is possible.

Please push the development of a "last" big update for the twin otter. "Just" a complete soundset, a little bit tweaking on the prop model and we are happy.

• Upvote 2