Twin Otter Updated status

Hi Mathijs

I know I was one who advocated 'all quiet on the Otter front' to let AS have a good go at the sound package.  But this was months ago, and I reckon we're all itching to hear what the current status of the project is.  Can you give us an idea of where you're at and how's it all going?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Unser Geld haben sie gern genommen und uns dann ein Produkt gegeben, was nicht vollständig der Beschreibung entspricht. Die versprochene Nacharbeit dauert nun schon wieder Wochen und es gibt keine regelmäßigen Sachstandsmeldungen.

Wenn ich auf Grund schlechter Arbeit an einer Nachbesserung für ein bereits bezahltes Produkt arbeiten muss, dann ist das schon peinlich genug. Aber dann sollte das auch absolute Priorität vor der Erstellung anderer, neuer Produkte haben. Da muss das gesamte Team ran um den eigenen Fehler schnell zu beseitigen.

Wenn das hier so wäre, hätten wir längst das versprochene Update. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Aerosoft
On 4/11/2022 at 11:24 AM, Transair27 said:

Hi Mathijs

I know I was one who advocated 'all quiet on the Otter front' to let AS have a good go at the sound package.  But this was months ago, and I reckon we're all itching to hear what the current status of the project is.  Can you give us an idea of where you're at and how's it all going?

The sound recording that was done failed unfortunately, so we are now planning a new recording session in Germany.

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The sound recording that was done failed unfortunately, so we are now planning a new recording session in Germany.

Forgive my frustrations Mathijs, that is unfortunate and disappointing.

I hope you can understand that I, and by the looks of it many others, are very keen to get better sounds and I just hope that the wait will be worth it.

Please, please, please can you be more engaging, or get one of the team working on the Twin Otter sounds to give us regular updates or brief ones as things progress so we don’t feel abandoned

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, catchymussel said:

Please, please, please can you be more engaging, or get one of the team working on the Twin Otter sounds to give us regular updates or brief ones as things progress so we don’t feel abandoned

Yes. I promise. 

Things have been a complex the last few months and I simply could not find the time to sit back and keep people informed. 

• Thanks 1

I've recently bought the TwinOtter and I am also very dissatisfied with the sounds. The TwinOtter is famous for its sounds, so it is a key element of this aircraft. I would really love to see some improvement here as well!

Despite of the sounds, it is a great representation of the TwinOtter. Really, really well made, from the textures up to the flight model. I am flying in VR and the cockpit looks very realistic. Even when using VR controllers, it makes fun to control the thrust levers actually on the place where they really are. Ok, you'll get a heavy arm from it after some time, but that's life. 🙂 Sometimes, I am just moving back to one of the passengers seats to look out of the window, to enjoy the landscape. Autopilot enabled, of course. 🙂 That's possible in VR as well.