Crash to desktop when Simple Traffic is activated/installed

RobCom

Hello all, I hope someone can advise me or help me.

It seems I can load any flight if simple traffic is installed and Live traffic (or AI Traffic) is on, if I deactivate it I can load the flight, OR if I start a flight with Live Traffic disabled the flight will load, and THEN I can turn it on and the flight continues to work fine..

It just seems that I cannot load a flight with simple traffic installed and any type of traffic turned on in the sim.

does anyone ese have this issue? or any suggestions?

thanks

• Aerosoft

We have seen this issue 7 times before and every single time it was because another DLC did not allow Simple Traffic to work. Not on purpose but because they were not created fully to the SDK standards.

So the best way to solve this is to remove all additional DLC and try again. Then simply add stuff until you find the culprit. Often it will be a livery.

I was thinking that it might be some sort of a conflict.

Should I go through all the stuff in the community folder only? or also from the marketplace as well?

I think the only thing I have in my "community" folder that might have a livery that could conflict and possibly be the culprit is one that puts static aircraft at all airports, I will try that one first!!  OR it could be an airport using static aircraft?

Thanks for the info, now that I know where to look, I think I should be able to find the offender.

PS: did anyone that had the issue give any hints as to which other add-on(s) may have caused it?

You can rename your Community folder to i.e. CommunityX and upon starting MSFS will create an empty one. Test first if AI works. Then add Simple Traffic, test again. If it still works start adding add-ons until you find the culprit. I know, it can take a lot of time but will be rewarding in the end...

13 hours ago, Er!k said:

You can rename your Community folder to i.e. CommunityX and upon starting MSFS will create an empty one. Test first if AI works. Then add Simple Traffic, test again. If it still works start adding add-ons until you find the culprit. I know, it can take a lot of time but will be rewarding in the end...

That was an excellent idea!! I usually move my community folder to another drive, but that was much easier. thank you.

The Simple Traffic works if it is alone, that is first and foremost. Then, after trying several suspect addons and about a dozen restarts, I found out that is was the LVFR Static Aircraft add-on that was causing the conflict (in my case).  So now everything is back in my community folder (except for the LVFR Static Aircraft) and it works perfectly.

Thank you very much for your help and suggestions!!  I am a happy flyer again, AND I have my awesome Simple Traffic!!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived