TCAS in CRJ700 - Is there a way to make it Active?

garrybank

Is there a way to make the TCAS active in the CRJ? .  See attached screenshot.  I can find no way to change the "TCAS OFF" status.  Also, when flying on line, mode "C" has to be made the status using the pilot client.  (Seems a common issue in MSFS aircraft, even when the register mode "C"  you still have to make it ACTUAL mode C using the pilot client). 

Please login to display this image.

What are your settings for TCAS in COM1? Mine is standard in Auto Mode and before Taxiing i make a TCAS Test, after Start it goes to On automaticaly.

1. Make sure that the transponder is NOT in STBY

2. On the panel to the left of the PFD you will find a small square push button labeled TCAS.  Push it.

Can you post a pic of this TCAS Button location?  Is it on the same panel as Range, Barometer etc?    

I've also attached a pic of my ATC panel settings.  I can't get the "STDBY" to change

3 hours ago, garrybank said:

Can you post a pic of this TCAS Button location?  Is it on the same panel as Range, Barometer etc?    

I've also attached a pic of my ATC panel settings.  I can't get the "STDBY" to change

I would suggest you hit "return" and go the TCAS button (2nd down on left column).   Open that up and you'll see an option to go from standby to active.   As far as your other question, it's a button labeled "TFR". 

2 hours ago, jay jay said:

I would suggest you hit "return" and go the TCAS button (2nd down on left column).   Open that up and you'll see an option to go from standby to active.   As far as your other question, it's a button labeled "TFR". 

Is it the button beside the Range/Format control, called "TFC"  ?? 

Nope, nothing I do will turn on the TCAS.  There must be a way, because when I start with engines running at a runway, the TCAS is ON

Does anyone know of a link to a youtube video showing the procedure?  (I guess the button people are referring to is the TFC button as I found an FSX thread which mentions that TFC button next to the range/format control)

9 hours ago, garrybank said:

Volume 1 of the Aircraft Operation Manual

Page 16 of 51 shows where the TCAS button is located in section 7 .  I believe it is selected on by default because I never push it.  But a place to check

To go from standby to active

Page 19 of 51 section labeled 4.  You must select either 1 or 2 on the knob labeled ATC SEL.  In the middle of course is STBY

To sum up

1. Enter you assigned or desired squawk code in the RTU

2. Select either 1 or 2 on the ATC SEL

I would suggest you do the tutorial flights and at least peruse the manuals.  This and many other things are covered in great detail.  

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 4/11/2022 at 11:49 AM, garrybank said:

Got it.  Vol 3 page 54.  Wrist duly slapped

No worries! We're all here to learn and help.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived