Can't get FCU selector knob or Increase/Decrease knob to work with FF777

X-Plane 11, Windows 10, 64-bit

I downloaded the Honeycomb Configurator and the Default Throttle profile already has Conditions and Variables programed in. Attached are photos of the FCU in HDG mode. The other modes are similar. While the heading bug will move on the standard X-Plane aircraft, such as the C-172, B58 Baron, nothing happens when I'm trying to fly the FF777. It's as if the bravo throttle Quadrant isn't communicating with the FF777. The gear and flaps, and control levers work, as they were set up through the X-Plane joystick configurator. The gear lights seem to work except the R-Gear light stays green regardless of gear position. I'd really like to get the FCU working so I can control IAS, HDG, and ALT. Getting that R-gear light to function properly would be nice also. Any ideas on what is wrong? Attached are photos and data log.

Please login to display this image.

Log.txt

• Aerosoft

Hi and welcome to our forums:

it is just not possible to use the provided "Default_Throttle" profile with all aircraft and expect it to work properly. Thats exactly why we need the Configurator software in order to create tailored profiles for all kinds of aircraft.

Head over to our download area and see if that profile suits your needs.

Ben, thanks for responding. The FF777 profile Aerosoft has doesn't suit my needs. Some of the buttons they have mapped will interfere with what I have set up, in particular the red button on the right side of yoke, Aerosoft has set up for autopilot disconnect. I use that button for simulation freeze. Been watching videos, searching forums, etc. on how to program the BTQ, but it is very sporadic and piecemealed at best. In the Aerosoft videos it's hard to understand the guy because of his German accent, plus he moves around too fast. I'm not a super savvy computer person, so I need to be lead by the hand through the process. I wish someone would publish an in-depth manual on this device. Can you give me the exact codes for entering into the configurator (events, conditions , variables) to get the knobs to work for the FF777? In the picture above the Default Throttle Profile seems to have those codes required for the 777 already in place, but they don't work. That's what's frustrating, I don't see the error. I have tried it on other aircraft, such as the X-Plane C-172 & B58 Baron and the heading bug will function. The X-plane 737 will respond to heading and airspeed, and altitude, and the x737-800 Project aircraft responds to heading inputs. All of these aircraft have some limited response to the Default Throttle Profile, but the FF777 has none.

Archived