rapid nose pitch up

guy739

Hello,

I tried searching this but couldn't find anything. During climb out with the autopilot engaged(Speed and Nav mode, with proper altitude set) I get a smooth climb until upwards of FL180-FL220ish. At that point I more often then not I get a rapid nose up pitch in upwards of 4k feet per minute. I'll disengage the autopilot and get the aircraft stabilized. But it then takes a while for the speed mode to work again after being engaged at which point in continues to climb normally. Any thoughts?

I have never seen this on climb out unless I let the aircraft get too fast before engaging the autopilot and it pitches up to acquire a speed that is slower than I am flying at. 

I would also check to make sure that there is not another assignment for the trim.  MSFS loves to make controller assignments for you that you don't know are there.  I actually make a blank profile for everything and only add in what I want.  

It’s not an issue when engaging the autopilot. It will track nav and speed mode fine after takeoff. It hit that’s altitude I mentioned above and just goes crazy with the nose up attitude.

im not sure what you mean by the assignment for the trim.

6 minutes ago, guy739 said:

It’s not an issue when engaging the autopilot. It will track nav and speed mode fine after takeoff. It hit that’s altitude I mentioned above and just goes crazy with the nose up attitude.

im not sure what you mean by the assignment for the trim.

Controller assignment.  I am grasping at straws to see what the reason could be.  I have never seen this, over 300 hours in this aircraft since the day of release.  You already searched and found nothing (bravo for that by the way, too many don't even look).  All of that tells me it must be a local problem.  The only thing I can think of, outside of a default assignment that somehow gets activated, is if you are encountering a severe change in wind.  For example, at that altitude you should be climbing IAS mode at 290 knots.  Let's say from take-off to that altitude you had a tail wind of 20 knots and then the wind switched to on the nose at 50 knots.  Your indicated airspeed would go from 290 to 320 and the aircraft would pitch up to re-acquire 290 knots.  I have not seen that behavior either with the in-sim weather.   Therefore, I suspect the problem you are seeing is induced locally, not through any fault of your own, and that is why I suggested a look at controller assignments. 

Another local source would be a faulty pot in your yoke/joystick that could be sending a spurious command, however that would probably trigger an a/p disconnect.  My suggestion was one that would eliminate a potential local issue. 

Am 3.4.2022 um 02:23 schrieb guy739:

Hello,

I tried searching this but couldn't find anything. During climb out with the autopilot engaged(Speed and Nav mode, with proper altitude set) I get a smooth climb until upwards of FL180-FL220ish. At that point I more often then not I get a rapid nose up pitch in upwards of 4k feet per minute. I'll disengage the autopilot and get the aircraft stabilized. But it then takes a while for the speed mode to work again after being engaged at which point in continues to climb normally. Any thoughts?

Such behaviour has not been reported yet. Would be great to see a video of this issue.

Archived