Bad Performance (FPS) - Airport Stuttgart + Airport Kassel XP

Hello there!

I have a very powerfull PC (i9 with 5,0 Ghz and RTX 3080Ti) and can run XP11 with stable 30 fps (Vsync) even in very heavy environment (e.g. Orbx Washington, DD Seattle Airport, xEnviro on high settings, objects on high setting etc.) but with those two sceneries (Stuttgart and Kassel) I barely reach 30 fps. At least the fps are not stable.

I know about 2k textures for Stuttgart (I'm talking about the new version of course!) and I'm using them already but is there another way to increase performance? Maybe by switching off 3d grass or something?

Compared to other airports, like Seattle or Los Angeles in combination with Orbx, Stuttgart and Kassel are in the middle of nowhere. These airports should have WAY better performance and it's definitely not a problem of my computer since I can run everything else with stable 30 fps on Vsync.

I switched xEnviro off already and choose clear skies. No change at all. Even when I reduce XP11 objects to medium. But I noticed when bringing back the texture slider left one notch from max to high, frames getting stable at 30 fps after a short time. So it has to do something to do with the textutres...

• Developer

Can you please post a scresnshot showing your frametimes with the XP native FPS display? Key shortcut for the fps display should be shift + F (or ctrl +F). Further, are you flying at 4k or what is your resolution? Both sceneries are optimized to run at about 60 FPS with a GTX 1070 at 1080p which worked fine for me. Are you using Vulkan API oder OpenGL?

I don't think it's the textures because textures usually don't affect FPS as long as you don't run out of VRAM.