Offshore Landmarks-: North Sea (released)

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Great video.

Note how the hoist operator narrates everything she does so the pilot knows what is going on. Impressive how smooth and the whole operation is.

Yes, it calls CRM Crew Ressource Management. This is the way to communicate in high risk areas. Everybody in the team should know everything what you do or what happen. To minimize the human factor...

• Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, Fen Estron said:

Yeah of course. Chief Pilot of HTM, Helicopter Travel Munich. The biggest Hoist Operator in Germany... Bavaria rules 😜

They are like Dutch.... everywhere.

Quick newsflash. release scheduled for next week. we will be sending out copies to YouTubers asap.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

They are like Dutch.... everywhere.

Quick newsflash. release scheduled for next week. we will be sending out copies to YouTubers asap.

Wow that's awesome news, looking forward to it.  Which YouTubers should we look out for?  Could you include "The VR Flight Sim Guy" please as he does great YouTube VR reviews?

On 10/31/2022 at 6:06 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Spend the whole day on data. This product will contain:

• 289 new platforms with heliports|
    - 196 new airports (ICAO codes)
    - 78 new NDB stations
  • 741 new ships with helideck or winch locations
  • 72 new substations (part of a wind park) helideck

We are working with Navigraph and Lufthansa Data Systems (for our NavdataPro product) to have this data included in their datasets. I am also trying to reach out to Microsoft to see if they are willing to insert this in their system.  At the same time we are talking to the companies who make mission based products (OnAir etc) so they can include it. 

Can someone related to this product DM me, I have the contact details of a successful mission based MSFS app that's not been contacted who is keen to be involved, thanks.

Hi can I get access to this North Sea Preview..

am been waiting for it to release so I can stream on YouTube & twitter with Hem’s mission’s out of Scotland, to the North Sea.. all in VR..

I plan in making Missions asap & recording the footage & stream live footage of missions all about the North Sea.. I am in the USA but was from Scotland so I have a passion for heli’s especially the H145 & a SeaKing Or Super Puma if they are ever realeased..

if I can’t have access to the preview I will buy a few copies.. because I have friends who will stream with me so I will gift them copies of the final release version once it goes live…

it would have been good to try it before.. but heh I understand if that isn’t possible thx guys for making the best add on for msfs2020 Yet my hat goes off to u all thx 

Manic

• Aerosoft
10 hours ago, Sannan75 said:

Can someone related to this product DM me, I have the contact details of a successful mission based MSFS app that's not been contacted who is keen to be involved, thanks.

Drop me a mail at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com and I'll gladly assist!

• Like 1

Please login to display this image.

Spend the last two months tinkering on assets for a "German offshore wind parks" mod, now I learn that the reason I found all the positions on open street map is that you uploaded them there while making this enormous thing 😅 No point in continuing with my effort, seeing how extensive and professional (and cheap to buy!) the whole thing will be.

But I noticed a small thing that bothered me during a livestream a flightsim streamer did last night with your preview, the display of the anti-slide nets on the helipads. Your modellers baked them into the bitmap of the helipad, and they were barely noticeable till like a meter over the pad. From what I've seen during my research, this is different, and I did mine different. I made a model of the net and did a render with transparency/alpha/normalmap on an extra "floating" plane slightly above the pad. This way I could also give it a different material, as ofc rope does reflect different than painted metal.

Just an idea from a guy who's up to now only modelled stuff for sim racing... I'm still in awe regarding the quality of all your assets, and the poly resolution you can use these days.

• Aerosoft

I agree that would be better, however we have seen this causing rather serious framerate drops which can be a bit of an issue with objects already counting in the several millions. Also keep in mind that we did not model most objects but bought the license to use them.

We would be very interested in including your models when they are better. So don't buy the product, send me a mail at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com and you get it for free. Then you check it out and see if we can work together on this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Mathijs,

I love and liked the preview video.

I suspect Sergio of Hellisimmer is in the loop with you about this project.

Excited for the release to purchase this to support your great work on it.

This kind of helicopter love is great and disserves the helicopter simmers endourcement.

• Aerosoft

Not just helicopters. I just flew Rotterdam - London City in a Twin Otter and it was just great to see all those ships as anchor. Strangely enough I think the ships at anchor are way more important than those in the shipping lanes. The anchorages of Rotterdam and London are just so visible when you fly from or to those places.

• Aerosoft

We just finalized the objects (what is a weekend anyway?) Here you see all of them.

Want some more detail? Here is a section of the coverage showing the bit just off-shore of Rotterdam.

Gives you a good idea on how many objects are placed. See why we claim there is no marine traffic DLC that covers this area as it should? And keep in mind all the objects are placed where they were at a certain moment (most at Jan 20th 2022 1200 GMT).  No random placement, no rough AI routing. The manual even contains the name and callsign of every ship we placed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would have been great to have had this in it but it was only anchored here (off Lee On Solent, UK) during the week past... USS Gerald R Ford:

Have seen some pics from those that managed to fly by the other day (when weather significantly better - my only day off was God awful...) and the overhead shots were spectacular

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Not just helicopters. I just flew Rotterdam - London City in a Twin Otter and it was just great to see all those ships as anchor. Strangely enough I think the ships at anchor are way more important than those in the shipping lanes. The anchorages of Rotterdam and London are just so visible when you fly from or to those places.

Mathijs,

I fully agree. I will get the Twin Otter and put some a Guard livery on it an do some fissery checkup flights.
And all my GA Noteth Sea crossing wil get more entertaining.

Even my Dutch Island hopping to Germany wil get better.