Offshore Landmarks-: North Sea (released)

This is shaping up so well Mathijs, please take your time, no hurry for release, official Asobo FS2020 Helicopter support has been delayed a week or so I think? But after that will be looking to expand my virtual hanger beyond conventional Aircraft just for this module and I am sure dedicated quality MSFS2020 Helicopters will come fast and furious after this important update.

Already have the Virpil collective mounted to my chair as an option and couldn't fly Helicopters in others sims without it now, took some re-training but totally worth the effort for feeling of realism and immersion, really looking forward to flying routes from Aberdeen Dyce to the North Sea sector rigs that the real pilots do in all kinds of weather, just had a thought, maybe the makers of Air Hauler for MSFS2020 could make this a career option in the future with suitably released Helicopter modules ... that would be wonderful.

Will Aberdeen Dyce and or Aberdeen harbour be supported Mathijs? Live near there and the harbour especially is always full of North Sea support vessels for the oil industry, Aberdeen Dyce airport to is a constant hive of activity still with Helicopter traffic back and forth from the rigs, even during the Covid Pandemic it was considered essential for workers to get out and home as they normally did.

Worked in oil industry in NE Scotland most of my life, but mostly in the rig fabrication sites in NE Scotland building the big Jackets and topsides, its going to be fun combining my love of Flight Simulation with my old work passion in the industry too.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

• Aerosoft

We are working with the people who do missions and these things, that is indeed a very exiting combination.

Harbors are a bit of a 'thing'. The issue is that our automated placement tools (remember this scenery created by database), do not have the positions so exact as needed. At sea it does not matter if a ship is 5 meter out of position, that is how detailed we work, but when docked 5 meters mean a lot. In many occasions it works out fine though.

2_maasvlakte_rotterdam_after.jpg

But it started out like this:
1_maasvlakte_rotterdam_before.jpg

With ships that are not moving the heading is often not accurate.

If you like to be in the beta team (and use Discord) drop me a mail at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com.

• Like 4

On 8/25/2022 at 4:23 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

We are working with the people who do missions and these things, that is indeed a very exiting combination.

Harbors are a bit of a 'thing'. The issue is that our automated placement tools (remember this scenery created by database), do not have the positions so exact as needed. At sea it does not matter if a ship is 5 meter out of position, that is how detailed we work, but when docked 5 meters mean a lot. In many occasions it works out fine though.

If you like to be in the beta team (and use Discord) drop me a mail at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com.

Mathijis This looks great. i have a question for you about this product, as it clearly adds maritime traffic into the sim.

will this affect over add ons that do this? IE Global shipping / Enhanced AI by seafront simulations?

i know the goal of this product is not that of the 2 i mention, but i shall pick this up once it's out for sure and just wanting to make sure no conflicts.

if you have any Seafaring questions (not rigs tho) i would be glad to help, as i work in the shipping industry on cross channel RORO's as a officer.

kind regards

• Like 3

On 8/25/2022 at 4:23 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Hi Mathijas

I can see what you mean there about vessel placement accuracy in harbours now, well demonstrated.

Yes, would like to help Beta test this product please and give as much feedback as I can, only used Discord once or twice but its becoming a standard now and wont take long to get back up to speed with it, will email you now, thanks.

Own the associated Enhanced AI and Global Shipping products too and keen to make sure they work well with Offshore Industries: North-Western Europe too.

Very excited about this product.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, SpeedbirdSimulation said:

will this affect over add ons that do this? IE Global shipping / Enhanced AI by seafront simulations?

We will make it possible to remove all the 'moving' ships from the product if you prefer to use other products for that.  HOWEVER..... these normally do not take areas where they should not come into account, so if could be that you will see a ship driving through an wind farm etc.  We do invite the people who make these DLC to avoid that though. We have invited all these companies into our Discord beta group.

I am pretty sure that our 100% realistic placement and density will look better (and is for sure more realistic) and I think that disabling these products if you are in the area we cover will be the preferred option for many people. 

Also keep in mind that 40% of ships in the covered area are at anchor (or dynamically held in position). As far as I am aware the AI products do not cover that.

Please login to display this image.

All these ships are at anchor. All waiting to enter port of waiting for a new destination. These anchor areas are in fact what you see easiest from an aircraft.  And in our test the AI solutions sail through these locations.

But as said, you can remove every part of our project to make it compatible.

• Like 2

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, Katana1K said:

Yes, would like to help Beta test this product please and give as much feedback as I can, only used Discord once or twice but its becoming a standard now and wont take long to get back up to speed with it, will email you now, thanks.

We have already a few other testers but feel free to drop me a mail at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As I think I explained we had a problem with adding wakes to the 'static' ships we prefer. Problem solved.  

Hello,

Bow wave is missing ! Need to fix for better reality !

All the best

Jean-Pierre

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, nieto said:

Hello,

Bow wave is missing ! Need to fix for better reality !

All the best

Jean-Pierre

I assume you are joking. A vessel that is planing does not have a bow wave because the bow is simply not in the water.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I assume you are joking. A vessel that is planing does not have a bow wave because the bow is simply not in the water.

Hello Mr.Mathijs !

On your picture, the boat is a personnal transfer boat or a fast rescue boat. Having a semi-rigid hull moves by propeller or turbo water jet, the boat does not plane, so has a small bow wave !

Jean-Pierre

• Deputy Sheriffs
30 minutes ago, nieto said:

Hello Mr.Mathijs !

On your picture, the boat is a personnal transfer boat or a fast rescue boat. Having a semi-rigid hull moves by propeller or turbo water jet, the boat does not plane, so has a small bow wave !

Jean-Pierre

I guess we are talking about this type of boat:

Do you see a bow wave?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

I guess we are talking about this type of boat:

Do you see a bow wave?

Hello Mopperle !

It is not exactly the same boat. On the Mathijs 's picture the boat does not lift off or plan , seems to be even keel and in this case there is a bow wave. 

No problem !...

I am an ex Merchant Marin Captain having spent 15 years as Captain on board of AHTSV ( Anchor Handling Tug Supply Vessel ) working with drilling rigs ( Semi-Sub and Jake-Up ), pipe laying barges, lifting barges, production plateformes, offshore oil Terminals,diving supports...and that in North Sea, Mediterranean, West,South and East Africa,Persian Gulf, Brazil, Argentina ( Tierra del Fuego)...

I am very happy to see your Offshore Industries Project and very impatient for the release of this program.

All the best 

Jean-Pierre

• Aerosoft

You were looking for places to land with the slew of helicopters we'll see soon in MSFS? Well we got you covered:

All these dots are helipads on ships!
We still have to add the oil and gas rigs

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

On 9/5/2022 at 7:06 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Not yet released!

But definitely a must have for me - not a Helicopter Pilot myself usually, but taking the Twotter out there for sightseeing I can see for myself. The previews are stunning, Mathijs

• Like 1

• Aerosoft

Some more images of the crew boat.  This is a drivable object (like an aircraft).

While it has an interior (duh) is is designed to be used only in external view because that simply makes a lot more sense and is far more fun.

I also think we'll add add the Heliport Maasvlakte (EHTP) because it is not located at an airport so probably will not be covered by another scenery designer.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

While work is mainly focused on the windfarm construction sites (stuff like this)

Not an in sim image of course.

database work is also progressing. This is the chart with locations of oil and gas rigs.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Can’t wait for this! Is it planned for an Xbox marketplace release also Mathijs? Not sure if you’ve already mentioned this or not? I’ll definitely buy this on Xbox if so.