Offshore Landmarks-: North Sea (released)

Just had a look at the 40th Anniversary trailer from MSFS. I noticed a helicopter landing on an oil rig. Is your addon the one used here ? (it looks amazing) ;)

• Aerosoft
17 hours ago, Hugo_J said:

Just had a look at the 40th Anniversary trailer from Aerosoft. I noticed a helicopter landing on an oil rig. Is your addon the one used here ? (it looks amazing) ;)

Not our trailer an not our model. Fit's in nicely though!

• Aerosoft

The third (and last) crane vessel is now complete.

Please login to display this image.

And we got a small patrol boat

• Like 6

I really enjoy seeing all the screenshots, and can't wait for all the missions i could do. But the models look very clean. I have no experience, but i would expect them all to be very heavily used, with lots of scratches and grime. Is this planned to be added later?

On 6/12/2022 at 10:58 AM, Hugo_J said:

Just had a look at the 40th Anniversary trailer from Aerosoft. I noticed a helicopter landing on an oil rig. Is your addon the one used here ? (it looks amazing) ;)

It's the default from the USA update ( 90% sure )....  the trailer showed some helicopters "near" helipads - not actually on them, so IDK if they went back and added collision - as the default rig didn't have collision.

This looks really really good.

I've been hoping for a while someone would work on exactly this, for MSFS.

Will be buying this once released 100%.

I'll hopefully be able to use it with Air Hauler 2 to do small cargo / passenger runs from mainland to oil rig etc in the HPG.

• Aerosoft
On 6/14/2022 at 5:41 AM, ravenn22 said:

- with all the rig and ship models you're accumulating, is there any thought about expanding this project beyond the North Sea? ( or maybe additional regions later is more realistic )

Yes, we are looking at the Persian Gulf and Gulf of Mexico. 

• Like 2

• Aerosoft
On 6/13/2022 at 2:48 PM, ronald13 said:

I really enjoy seeing all the screenshots, and can't wait for all the missions i could do. But the models look very clean. I have no experience, but i would expect them all to be very heavily used, with lots of scratches and grime. Is this planned to be added later?

It's not easy to do change all textures, we'll see. Do keep in mind that structures at sea that are well maintained stay pretty clean. 

• Aerosoft

A RoRo car carrier, one of the weird looking vessels you find at sea. These carry cars and while it looks they are way too high out of the water, this is how they look. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mathijs, this is an exciting project for a frantic palmtree  lover (aka Helicopter simmer)
This is the MSFS version of my X-plane Freeware project for the Nord Sea.
I used (with there permission) the NL2000 assets to fill the Dutch region and in colaboration with others the generic platforms with coordinate data for the rest in the Danisch, Norwegion and UK sections.
So I will get this one and use it until it fades of the wear and tear.
One question
Are you also planning on including or as extra add-on developing of the Helicopter HUB airports that serves the North Sea.
Like EHKD and the ones in the UK and Danmark. 
I am working in EHKD for X-plane for this purpose
Another Question
Is an airplane as the Dornier of the dutch  coast guard in the planning.
I use my X-plane version to check on fishing vessels and on spillng in the traffic lanes.
VERY VERY Happy and excited for this project.
Keep  up this great work

13 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, we are looking at the Persian Gulf and Gulf of Mexico. 

This is even more exiting.
One of the persons who assisted me with the North sea for X-plane did the Gulf of Mexico.
Another worked on the regions around Australia and the Indonesion Island range.
There is a LOT Offshore to find when you start looking into it.

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, avdheide said:

Mathijs, this is an exciting project for a frantic palmtree  lover (aka Helicopter simmer)
This is the MSFS version of my X-plane Freeware project for the Nord Sea.
I used (with there permission) the NL2000 assets to fill the Dutch region and in colaboration with others the generic platforms with coordinate data for the rest in the Danisch, Norwegion and UK sections.
So I will get this one and use it until it fades of the wear and tear.
One question
Are you also planning on including or as extra add-on developing of the Helicopter HUB airports that serves the North Sea.
Like EHKD and the ones in the UK and Danmark. 
I am working in EHKD for X-plane for this purpose
Another Question
Is an airplane as the Dornier of the dutch  coast guard in the planning.
I use my X-plane version to check on fishing vessels and on spillng in the traffic lanes.
VERY VERY Happy and excited for this project.
Keep  up this great work

We are not planning anything land based or flyable at this moment. We do hope to have one small patrol boat 'usable' (if only from the outside) so you can get close to the objects.

• Aerosoft
On 6/17/2022 at 8:12 AM, avdheide said:

Is  a collobarotion with the developer Seafront simulations possible to get your assets as moving ships.
Or the devoleper of Global AI Shipping
https://nl.flightsim.to/file/9529/global-ai-ship-traffic-msfs-v1

Both of these teams are in our Discord project server and working with us where needed. There are no plans to share assets (I am sure the license we have do not allow that actually).

We want to place every possible object (from buoys to ultra large tankers) at exactly the correct location (or at a location it was at a certain moment in time). So a rather strict element of realism in that. Only that way can you SEE shipping lanes or see the anchor locations at port entries. Only that way you will never have a ship at a location where it should not be.  These days ships are almost always in on way shipping lanes and they are getting more and more complex. So thousands upon thousands of objects. Wind turbines, fishing vessels on the fishing grounds, huge gathering of ships where there is construction work, every oil/gas rig (with the patrol boats and supply vessels), every standby rescue at the oil and gas fields. And all of them within 10 meters of the actual location. 

North/south bound lanes north west of The Netherlands 

Double lanes at the most eastern tip of Spain.

Shipping lanes and anchor locations near Rotterdam port. 

Looks amazing can’t wait. 

How big an area are you looking at covering with the ships etc  Mathijs 

Obviously it’s the North Sea itself but I think you mentioned it might  extend out side that area in some regions?

is it basically this area?

10 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We now also have the final title:

Offshore Industries: North Western Europe

I really wish you could cover the Norwegian Sea up to Trondheim. A lot of big oil rigs and rough weather outside of Ålesund/Kristiansund area.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 1:12 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Both of these teams are in our Discord project server and working with us where needed. There are no plans to share assets (I am sure the license we have do not allow that actually).

The projects are also rather different. They add ships in a more or less random location (as far as I am aware they do not plot the routes over the correct shipping lanes on the north sea).

We want to place every possible object (from buoys to ultra large tankers) at exactly the correct location (or at a location it was at a certain moment in time). So a rather strict element of realism in that. Only that way can you SEE shipping lanes or see the anchor locations at port entries. Only that way you will never have a ship at a location where it should not be.  These days ships are almost always in on way shipping lanes and they are getting more and more complex. So thousands upon thousands of objects. Wind turbines, fishing vessels on the fishing grounds, huge gathering of ships where there is construction work, every oil/gas rig (with the patrol boats and supply vessels), every standby rescue at the oil and gas fields. And all of them within 10 meters of the actual location. 

Thanks for the quick response.
I am looking forward for this and we have to work with the limitations
It is imposible to simulatie the real world.
Thats only in the movies (I take the red pil)

On 6/17/2022 at 12:48 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

We are not planning anything land based or flyable at this moment. We do hope to have one small patrol boat 'usable' (if only from the outside) so you can get close to the objects.

Too bad that no Land base are planned.
But no problem.
Now I know what my first MSFS project will be

• Upvote 1