Offshore Landmarks-: North Sea (released)

And please... please... do not dismiss the legendary Mittelplate A oil rig. I fly often over these waters with my H145 and everytime cringe, when Mittelplate A isn`t there. It is a marvelous piece of tech and shows, that if such an operation is not handled the cheapest and most ignorant way (see Deepwater Horizon for example), we can even have a oil rig in the wadden sea without problems.

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 hours ago, cenkcnk said:

Is it like campaign or career or just scenery itself?

Simply read the first post in this topic.

• Aerosoft

And another ship is setting sail. This Suez-Max class tanker is one if in our low poly range. Those are normally the ones you can not land on.

Please login to display this image.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

This is fantastic! Reminds me of a package from FS98 when i got started with FS. The expansions were great back then but its just been the usual Airports and Aircraft since then.

As an Oil worker myself i cant wait!!! I havent been offshore in the north sea sector but i have in Russia off Sakhalin.

On 4/5/2022 at 1:25 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

We are talking to the fine people who are making helicopters. 

Ohh your words sound like music to my ears ❤️ I can't wait to see those 2 helis :D especially with your upcomming addon!

On 4/5/2022 at 1:25 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

At this moment it is not possible to land on animated objects, so if it has a heli deck it will need to be static. We are still talking to the people who advise us on how important movement is. At this moment it seems to be that it is simply hard to see the very small movements of larger vessels. 

Understandable! well hopefully Asobo will fix that at a later date ;)

On 4/5/2022 at 6:22 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

It will be a bit of a mix. We do have a few accurately modeled platforms, but simply not for all. The main issue is that the 'accurate' models are normally rather low poly and we really want details for this project. The manual will explain exactly how detailed all models are.

Yes. It is amazing how detailed the Danish are with these things. 

I can live with generic plausible looking platforms, with a few accurate models. And glad you are looking into maybe doing one of the offshore helicopters.

And close but no sigar. We the Norwegians, not the Danish. :P

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Brainfart from me. sorry.

thats ok us Danes call them Danes too.. dont tell the Norwegians sssshhhhhh 

Being a little serious it looks great but where is the limitation that would allow the platforms to be landable ? Asobo or elsewhere ? maybe collaborate with the author of this addon pack https://flightsim.to/file/5794/north-sea-oilrigs

On 4/7/2022 at 1:16 PM, Tom A320 said:

<offtopic>

You know, they have their own opinion on the Danes 🙂 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk

</offtopic>

Hi Tom, i need your help please. Im writting this here because ii cannot send you any message. Due to one of your posts dealing with chaning aerosoft airbus fuel capacity, i've done everything what you explained but at the time of refueling with gsx, it doesnt work, the fuel truck arrives and one refuel for 1s and leave when he is supposed to load 89tons of fuel for example. Is there any other change i must do in order to make gsx refueling work? Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 minutes ago, peps340340 said:

Hi Tom, i need your help please. Im writting this here because ii cannot send you any message. Due to one of your posts dealing with chaning aerosoft airbus fuel capacity, i've done everything what you explained but at the time of refueling with gsx, it doesnt work, the fuel truck arrives and one refuel for 1s and leave when he is supposed to load 89tons of fuel for example. Is there any other change i must do in order to make gsx refueling work? Thanks

Please do not hijack other topics.

On 4/6/2022 at 2:40 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Some very serious weather there in winter!

You have no idea! :D White outs are very common!

I hope someone releases an S-62 to compliment this. :D

• Aerosoft
On 4/7/2022 at 1:07 PM, krazyj said:

thats ok us Danes call them Danes too.. dont tell the Norwegians sssshhhhhh 

Being a little serious it looks great but where is the limitation that would allow the platforms to be landable ? Asobo or elsewhere ? maybe collaborate with the author of this addon pack https://flightsim.to/file/5794/north-sea-oilrigs

There is no issue landing on static platforms,landing on moving objects is a still a  issue.

I'm in contact with the freeware folks as I want to be sure it all works together.

• Like 2

• Aerosoft

Sorry for a lack of updates, was enroute a bit. The good news I got enough images now to add news ones every day!

Today one of the fishing vessels.  A beam trawler.

• Like 4

• Aerosoft

Not so many cruise ships on the North Sea, but still we need a few!

In case you wonder about the very small detail that you will most likely never see..... we have those because we buy these models (I am on a shopping spree of massive proportions) and they are often more detailed then we should need. As long at they do not cause performance or memory issues (but at sea that seems unlikely) we keep all the details. Of course the objects all have multiple LODs

• Like 3

• Aerosoft

The million polygon ship!

One of the most bizar ships in our project is also one that is technically rather special. It has 1,2 million polygons! We did not know if the sim would display it and if it would be problematic in regards to framerate. It turns out that the graphics engine of the sim is bloody amazing because there is simply no problem. Of course LODs were added to lower the load but even when you get real close the 1.243.051 polygons are smooth and we see very limited drop in framerate. 

• Like 8