Offshore Landmarks-: North Sea (released)

• Aerosoft

First Panamax sized tanker. Three colors and we'll have empty and fully loaded versions.

Please login to display this image.

• Like 3

• Aerosoft

There is over 7 million polygons in this picture... 

Still many many ships and objects to go.

If you want to have an idea on the level of detail... this afternoon there was a lively discussion on how much the propeller of a tanker should visible when it is unloaded between our team and the advisors we use in this project. That sort of discussion ends up with images like this:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very much looking forward to this product, used to work in the fabrication of massive offshore structures in NE Scotland, Jackets, Top sides, Jack Ups and TLP, can provide detailed pictures of many projects we worked on if it helps.

All looks extremely well detailed so far, very impressive, all too clean and shiny though, but have re-read the announcement and it is planned to dirty things up, rust etc.

Just to confirm, solid platform will have land-able helicopter pads? apparently moveable objects like ships cant be landed on due to constraints of the simulator. I hope they fix this, you could do this in FSX.

Perhaps model Dyce Airport in Aberdeen, its a hub for North Sea activity with constant traffic back and forth to the oil fields via helicopters, also support vessels from the harbour, pretty sure nobody has done Dyce yet for FS2020, even have regular routes for helicopters to the north sea platforms from Dyce here somewhere I could share if needed for this project.

Also here is an idea for another vessel for de-commissioning older rigs, topsides and jackets Pioneering Spirit is its name, its currently berthed at Lerwick harbour Shetland, would love to work on this vessel, really would.

Link to story :  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-61189928

• Like 2

(No related), but Dyce Airport is planned by Pyreegue Dev's Co.

I do hope we'll able to land on moving ships, could be very challenging ! Finger crossed

• Thanks 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
29 minutes ago, Katana1K said:

Just to confirm, solid platform will have land-able helicopter pads?

Yes. As Mathijs multiple times explained, it works not on animated objects. If an object is static, no problem.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Katana1K said:

Just to confirm, solid platform will have land-able helicopter pads? apparently moveable objects like ships cant be landed on due to constraints of the simulator. I hope they fix this, you could do this in FSX.

Correct. However we think a lot of the ships do not need to be moving. See, when you are without any static visual reference, movement is simple exactly the same as wind. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hugo_J said:

(No related), but Dyce Airport is planned by Pyreegue Dev's Co.

I do hope we'll able to land on moving ships, could be very challenging ! Finger crossed

Thats cool, hope it works with this add on

13 hours ago, mopperle said:

Yes. As Mathies multiple times explained, it works not on animated objects. If an object is static, no problem.

Multiple times? Oh I'm sorry then, honestly never noticed, as I mentioned I honestly was not being obtuse.

Perhaps its a language barrier between you and me, but you seem a little hostile already, please cut me some slack, I'm on your and Aerosofts side here ... that was my first post here, I have re read the original post and caught first mention of this after a second read, and I mentioned that, you seem to have missed it :( Sometimes it takes time to digest good news like this scenery, its good that its happening :) I am so super pleased this scenery is happing, believe you me :)

Genuinely have worked in the North Sea sector of UK, mostly in Rig Fabrication, Top Sides, Jackets, jack up's and even TLP platforms, lots of experience in this area even though retired now.

These pictures are for Mathijs and the project workers for this superb title still in construction.

I hope they can be of use, some are on shore construction, some offshore installations I've helped build.

These last two pictures are of the Elf Elgin Franklin Jack Up, in Nigg Bay 2001 ish NE Scotland, built between two opposing yards on the Moray Firth, McDermotts and Highland Fabricators who joined together to little to late and became BARMAC ... good times at the yards for sure building these structures, very proud of my work, super pleased to see Aerosoft doing this area properly, hope my pics help in a little way :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Gstove said:

Can’t wait for this, looks amazing 

Some images of the work today... as said we took a step back to sort out the lighting. The high speed ferry (Red Jet is new(.

I have spend a lot of time getting access to a a database that has the exact locations of wind turbines. While I think this should be public information (hey they are not a private land), it seems that information is worth a lot of money to some companies. I have been quoted sums between 3000 and 13.000 euro. 

Is there anybody who might have this data?

• Like 4

• Aerosoft
35 minutes ago, JasonmCork said:

Are these going to be modeled platforms or generic? If Generic i wonder could you plot two off the coast of Cork for Kinsale Gas A and B?

It will be a mix. I think we have something like 20 different platforms. 

Kinsale A and B are in the Celtic Sea, not the North Sea.  But perhaps we can thrown it in.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Mmmmm, that is a VERY good idea. Now if I could only understand the lat/lon format...

I did some test on the lat/lon format and it seems to be:

On the file: 531825.36N 0040741.71W

are: 53° 18' 25.36" N 004° 07' 41.71"W

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Nothing special. There are several ways to write geographical coordinates, like

40:26:46 N, 079:56:55 W

40:26:46.302 N 079:56:55.903 W

40°26′46″ N 079°56′55″ W

N 40°26′47″ W 079°56′55″

40d 26′ 47″ N 079d 56′ 55″ W

40.4462 N 79.9489 W

40.4462, -79.9489

40° 26.7717 N, 79° 56.93172 W

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, mopperle said:

Nothing special. There are several ways to write geographical coordinates, like

40:26:46 N, 079:56:55 W

40:26:46.302 N 079:56:55.903 W

40°26′46″ N 079°56′55″ W

N 40°26′47″ W 079°56′55″

40d 26′ 47″ N 079d 56′ 55″ W

40.4462 N 79.9489 W

40.4462, -79.9489

40° 26.7717 N, 79° 56.93172 W

I know, but I could not even find a name for the format used in that XLS.

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Flavio1 said:

I did some test on the lat/lon format and it seems to be:

On the file: 531825.36N 0040741.71W

are: 53° 18' 25.36" N 004° 07' 41.71"W

You are right!

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It will be a mix. I think we have something like 20 different platforms. 

Kinsale A and B are in the Celtic Sea, not the North Sea.  But perhaps we can thrown it in.

That would be fantastic as they are the only two Platforms in Ireland.

There are a lot of Helicopter's flying around Ireland with live users.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, JasonmCork said:

That would be fantastic as they are the only two Platforms in Ireland.

There are a lot of Helicopter's flying around Ireland with live users.

I make you a deal, you get me the locations of these objects and we'll place them.