manual engine start not working

Rich H

I just bought the DHC-6 through the in-game Marketplace on 3/31.

Yesterday I loaded it in the sim and was unable to get the engines to start from cold condition on the ramp.

I get past the gg>=12% and then I push the fuel level forward, but the engine does not ignite, it just stays on starter motor. gg does go up to something like 40, but no farther.  If I then set starter switch back to center, the engine just spools down to stop.  This happens with both engines.

I followed the checklist exactly, and also followed along with the manual start process in a video review (Jan 6th review by "Into the Blue Simulations", after Update 1).  Fuel gauges read max.  I also confirmed that my joystick's throttle setting was in synch, and used the keystroke to assert rich mixture (there are no mixture controls, yes? I see none).

The aircraft does start just fine using Ctrl+E, but I note that switches do not follow whatever Ctrl+E is doing as it's starting the engines. (e.g. I watched and did not see the starter switch go to Right or Left when the engines were starting, in case this is relevant).

What am I missing?

thanks in advance

Okay, I can get engines started on this thing now.  NO CHANGES to my checklist procedures, just something happened in the sim between saving and reloading .FLT and .PLN files after I initially saved a .FLT having started on the runway with engines on, and then followed shutdown checklist.  grr...