Anyone using Track IR?

jay jay

23 hours ago, Crabby said:

There are two xml files there.  Getting ready to fire up for the first time.  Are they both needed or just SETH-FLIGHT?

No, they're different profiles - one is a twitchier one for if you need to look round quickly ( the FPS one ), the other has more smoothing - which frankly drives me nuts coz I want the view to turn with my head, not lag it... but some people like it.

Not sure what's going on with my TIR, It worked ok the first couple of times, this time despite centering and checking how things looked through the app, every time I elevate my head above the horizon, the view spins away crazily.   I'm sure I'll figure it out.   When it was working, I found it to add a great deal to the sim.    

14 hours ago, jay jay said:

Not sure what's going on with my TIR, It worked ok the first couple of times, this time despite centering and checking how things looked through the app, every time I elevate my head above the horizon, the view spins away crazily.   I'm sure I'll figure it out.   When it was working, I found it to add a great deal to the sim.    

Just a guess here.  I have found with other games that a "joystick conflict" can cause this.  Maybe try a different USB port.  I had to do this on a Call of Duty game.  Having my joystick plugged in caused everything to spin once the game loaded.  In my case it was from the initial loading of the game so it's a bit different but could be worth a try.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb jay jay:

Any sunlight shining into your room? This can cause the behaviour you discribe.

20 hours ago, jay jay said:

Open the TIR app and turn on the visualization where you can see the sensors.

When you are sitting, the 3 reflectors should be centered in the view of the IR sensor. If your sensor has moved, it can severely limit it's ability to catch the reflections. Also, using the app, edit the gain/sensitivity (Light Filter Threshold & IR Brightness) on the sensor so that it is not showing amorphous reflections. You should see small clear orb-like reflections with no visual noise.

I havent used the TIR in a while but...the manual is your friend. (Sections 5.8.3 and 5.9.2)

On 4/11/2022 at 3:03 AM, jay jay said:

Agreed with the above, that sounds very like there's too much light ( one reason I went for an active sensor in the end ). It might be too much light *behind* you - where the camera is trying to make out the reflector against the room background - not just shining in the area around the computer. I used to get that a lot at a certain time of the morning at times of year when there was strong sunlight behind.

On 4/11/2022 at 4:03 AM, jay jay said:

I solved those issues by moving to the TrackClip Pro.

However, here is a protip to try to solve it without that:

Right click on the TrackIr target and enable Camera View. It shows what the camera detects. Then, go to the Camera tab on the left side and change the light filter threshold as need to remove parasite detections.

9 hours ago, eag_a said:

I solved those issues by moving to the TrackClip Pro.

However, here is a protip to try to solve it without that:

Right click on the TrackIr target and enable Camera View. It shows what the camera detects. Then, go to the Camera tab on the left side and change the light filter threshold as need to remove parasite detections.

which is what i said above :)

Loving TrackIR with the CRJ.  However, I do shut it off in cruise so I am not seeing constant movement while I am working or watching The Office.

4 hours ago, Crabby said:

Loving TrackIR with the CRJ.  However, I do shut it off in cruise so I am not seeing constant movement while I am working or watching The Office.

F9 toggle-locks the camera, unless you changed the hotkey anyway, so no need to completely shut it off. Super useful for messing with the FMS. There is also a hotkey to toggle smooth movement ( F7?) which some people might appreciate.

5 hours ago, Richard Dastardly said:

F9 toggle-locks the camera, unless you changed the hotkey anyway, so no need to completely shut it off. Super useful for messing with the FMS. There is also a hotkey to toggle smooth movement ( F7?) which some people might appreciate.

Yep, that's what I do.  Guess "shut it off" was not the proper terminology.   I also use it exclusively with F7 activated too.

Archived