total re-install of FSX + Acceleration + German Landmarks X

sagamol

i had some real issues after installing acceleration and desided to clean house. i un-installed fsx, acceleration and all the aerosoft add-ons, german landmark x, dillingham, aspen... i used the add and remove program in the control panel to do that.

i reinstalled 3 things for now.

first, FSX..run it once and defraged

second, acceleration...ran it once and defraged again

third, german landmarks x..ran it once and defraged again.

now that i'm back in business, my sim runs like grap...the video is choppy, even though i wrote down all the display settings i used before the install when my video ran very smooth @ med-high settings for the most part . seattle landing in tacoma with a 747 @ 20 FPS even with real weather on..

i do remember that after installing SP1 things got better the last time, but i'm not sure about this time, because acceleration comes with SP2, right?? and it has SP1 included in it..that is where i get confused...do i re-install SP1 again?..i also am turning off stuff that runs in the background.

what else should i be doing???

thanks for the advise...

tom

As a point of reference, Acceleration actually does install SP1 prior to installing SP2 - it's an automatic process.

However, it should also be noted that while many people noticed a substantial increase in FPS performance after installing SP1, they got a DECREASE after installing SP2. This is not consistent with everyone, so there's no rhyme or reason as to causes....

sagamol,

Correct; if you installed the official Microsoft Acceleration add on, then you will have automatically installed SP1 AND SP2. You will not have to reinstall SP1 as it is already installed.